PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Durham

Swan
03-20-2013, 15:12
Greetings Gentlemen (and Ladies?),

I have been content lurking the forums for several months now, but at the urging of my buddy Danger, I've decided to finally join in on the fun.

I began exploring bourbon about four years ago after deciding that there must be more to whiskey than what Gentleman Jack had to offer. Many a Maker's and Coke later, I started to slowly branch out. Befriending a handful of bourbon enthusiasts opened my eyes to what I was missing, and today I'm completely hooked. I now enjoy congregating with the handful of gentleman that constitute our local whiskey appreciation club to share our latest finds and bemoan the infuriatingly monopolistic NC ABC system.

Thanks for having me!

squire
03-20-2013, 15:24
Welcome aboard Swan, think of us as an extended group of appreciators. Drop by the chat room sometime, the icon is on the lower left hand corner of your screen.

Danger
03-20-2013, 15:30
Glad you're on board. Now I can flame you in person AND the internet.

Tony
03-20-2013, 16:01
Hello and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

c2walker
03-20-2013, 16:46
Greetings Gentlemen (and Ladies?),

I have been content lurking the forums for several months now, but at the urging of my buddy Danger, I've decided to finally join in on the fun.

I began exploring bourbon about four years ago after deciding that there must be more to whiskey than what Gentleman Jack had to offer. Many a Maker's and Coke later, I started to slowly branch out. Befriending a handful of bourbon enthusiasts opened my eyes to what I was missing, and today I'm completely hooked. I now enjoy congregating with the handful of gentleman that constitute our local whiskey appreciation club to share our latest finds and bemoan the infuriatingly monopolistic NC ABC system.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome! I'm in Durham too...my bunker is always open to fellow enthusiasts.

Tennessee Dave
03-20-2013, 17:57
Welcome and enjoy yourself here.

black mamba
03-20-2013, 19:57
We're from the St. Louis area, but my wife is a computer guru and is working on an assignment at Duke University for the next month or two. I might find my way down there in the near future. Might have to look you up!

Halifax
03-21-2013, 11:39
Welcome to SB! The Triangle ranks are growing. Suggestion... Go buy a lot of whiskey and invite us over to help you drink it. :cool:

OneMoreRound
04-02-2013, 15:24
Do you guys in the Durham / Chapel Hill area ever venture over to Crunkleton on W. Franklin St in CH? Gary Crunkleton (obviously, name sake and proprietor of the bar) was my early education in brown liquor and has the best stocked bar I know of. I lament graduating for a number of reasons (read: the girls) including the loss of that bar.

c2walker
04-02-2013, 15:35
Do you guys in the Durham / Chapel Hill area ever venture over to Crunkleton on W. Franklin St in CH? Gary Crunkleton (obviously, name sake and proprietor of the bar) was my early education in brown liquor and has the best stocked bar I know of. I lament graduating for a number of reasons (read: the girls) including the loss of that bar.

I have been to The Crunkleton a few times and have not been that impressed. The prices are high and the selection and drink quality are better at Whiskey in Durham in my opinion.

LiveFromLou
04-02-2013, 15:59
Greetings! I just moved to Louisville from Durham last year. And now I enjoy almost unlimited access to bourbon. It's a whole different world, and I feel for you. FWIW, you can always get your local ABC store to order things ahead time if you know it's coming.

OneMoreRound
04-02-2013, 21:06
Interesting. Wasn't aware of Whiskey in Durham. Crunkleton will always have a place in my heart but glad to hear of another spot that serves a decent cocktail with quality liquor. Thanks for the tip.

Danger
04-03-2013, 21:19
Interesting. Wasn't aware of Whiskey in Durham. Crunkleton will always have a place in my heart but glad to hear of another spot that serves a decent cocktail with quality liquor. Thanks for the tip.

Every time the wife is out of town I'm at Whiskey. Its rock solid. I still miss the Chicago whiskey bars, but Whiskey is a quality place for bourbon in Durham. Girls are better at UNC though, no doubt.