PDA

View Full Version : A proper introduction from Jax FL

jonhalter
04-04-2013, 14:22
Helo all. I lurked for quite a few months, and finally joined the site. I have "met" quite a few of you in the chatroom. I appreciate all of your insight and willingness to share. I have been a bourbon and coke fan for a decade, but just "got" bourbon about a year or so ago. I lean rye, but just bought a bottle of OWA and I like that as well. Different, but good. Im always looking for a good pour at a reasonable price. Still so much to learn and try. Jax selection is a bit limited, but Ive been finding more lately.

Alden
04-04-2013, 14:43
Welcome. I am new here as well. I didn't even lurk, just joined after reading some of the posts here one day and seeing the breadth and depth of knowledge and experience here.

One question, what is OWA? I'm still learning the acronyms.

jonhalter
04-04-2013, 15:02
Old Weller Antique. If you go to the "New to Straight Bourbon" Section, near the top is a very useful acronym list.

jonhalter
04-04-2013, 15:04
and...... OWA doesn't seem to be on it.

squire
04-04-2013, 15:08
Good to see you Jon, let me formally welcome you aboard.

jonhalter
04-04-2013, 15:14
Thanks Squire. Alden, a bourbon loving educator in FL? We have a bit in common dont we?

smokinjoe
04-04-2013, 16:28
and...... OWA doesn't seem to be on it.

:lol: Well played, Jon. :lol:

Welcome aboard! Jumping right into Chat is an admirable thing. Good on you! :toast: I hope you enjoy your time hangin' around SB. Lots of really good people. Sounds like you'll fit right in. Looking forward to hearing of your continued journey into Bourbonia!
Cheers!

Alden
04-04-2013, 16:41
Thanks Squire. Alden, a bourbon loving educator in FL? We have a bit in common dont we?

I'd say we do. I teach English, though. You seem more like a numbers guy to me. :cool:

jonhalter
04-04-2013, 16:50
Alden, the only #'s I care about here are dollars I am paying for a bottle, and how many bottles I have in the cabinet.

Smokinjoe, A welcome from the BOTY may be my hi-light thus far

MyOldKyDram
04-04-2013, 17:04
Well, I've never won jack squat but welcome aboard anyhow!

HighInTheMtns
04-04-2013, 20:12
Welcome, Jon, although it seems a little strange saying that after having talked to you in chat a few times. Glad to see that you made an intro post though.

Cheers!