PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the islands...

bkallenb
04-05-2013, 22:08
Hello from Grand Cayman. I'm originally from Illinois...been out of the US for a few years, the past 1 1/2 years on Grand Cayman. I started drinking bourbon and whiskey when I was younger, but recently developed a love for bourbons. My selection here is a bit limited, but I have access to Blantons, Wild Turkey, "small batch collection" and a few others regularly. Thankfully, my fiance's family and my parents are in Georgia, so I have a pretty good selection to buy at home and then bring home with me. I drink a Manhattan most every night and try everything neat the first time I have it. That's about it...I cook for a living and am excited to share my bourbon love with everyone else!

ChainWhip
04-05-2013, 23:06
Welcome from Seattle (but in Houston right now - boarding a ship tomorrow to go to... The Grand Cayman!)

I'm hoping to do some rum hunting while I'm there.

squire
04-06-2013, 11:47
Hello bk, welcome aboard.

WAINWRIGHT
04-06-2013, 14:45
Welcome to the site Ben and enjoy your time here.There is a lot to learn and SB is the place to do it,BTW from which part of Illinois did you originally hail from?

bllygthrd
04-06-2013, 15:48
Hey BK ... Welcome, enjoy!

bkallenb
04-06-2013, 18:04
Welcome to the site Ben and enjoy your time here.There is a lot to learn and SB is the place to do it,BTW from which part of Illinois did you originally hail from?

Thanks. I'm originally from Fulton, just north of you! And I lived in Chicago for a few years when I went to culinary school.

WAINWRIGHT
04-06-2013, 20:04
Small world,look forward to some of your bourbon/food parings in the future and maybe some of you well kept pastry secrets as well!

squire
04-06-2013, 20:07
I'm in favor of more cook talk around here.