PDA

View Full Version : Evan Williams white label going nationwide

capitals83
04-29-2013, 18:37
According to a facebook post today by Evan Williams the white label bottled in bond will be expanded nationwide. With most of the news lately seems to be lowering proof, dropping age statements, or limited availability its nice to see one bourbon that is increasing availability. I just hope the expansion doesn't affect the quality of what is one of my favorite bourbons on the shelf.

WAINWRIGHT
04-29-2013, 18:55
This is pretty great news actually another solid value pour that is readily available is never frowned upon by me.I enjoy the EW BIB and the HH BIB white both alike and it's one of those bottles that you never fell bad when you hit the bottom.HH seems to be playing the market rather well as of late,who knows whats up next but I hope they continue this consumer directed ongoing trend.

Alden
04-29-2013, 19:17
I had a little drop of the black today.

It's so good for such a cheap bottle.

Grain Belt
04-29-2013, 19:24
I am very pleased with this news. I hope they will have handles in MN. I had some HH White BIB this fall and was quite impressed. The EWW BIB should fit right in my wheelhouse.

elbowguru
04-29-2013, 19:36
Thanks for posting this. I'm a big fan of HH BiB brands and I've never had this. As far as I know the green and the white labels are not available in Kentucky. Can't get Virgin here, either.

higgins
04-29-2013, 20:10
I love EW BIB so much that I used part of the label for my profile picture. Great news that more people will have access to such a fantastic value pour.

CoMobourbon
04-29-2013, 21:01
Nice. Assuming that quality remains constant - and I'm sure it will - this is great news.

Just found my first handle of this stuff in medium-town central Missouri. As I see it, if it's here at multiple sizes (and multiple stores), it must be fairly widely available already. Does this "nationwide availability" mean putting its availability in the same neighborhood as EWB? Can I expect to see EWBIB at most places with EWB?

fishnbowljoe
04-29-2013, 21:07
I heard about this in Bardstown last week. Now I won't have to rely on Michigan and Missouri in order to get some.

TheNovaMan
04-29-2013, 22:01
It's an excellent bourbon and an excellent value, as is fairly common with BIBs. I hope it stays that way.

black mamba
04-29-2013, 22:10
Is the EW White BIB a 6 yr AS like the HH White BIB is? Are the two really the same product, but in different bottles and labels?

TheNovaMan
04-29-2013, 22:22
The EW (white) BIB is NAS, but I'll get back to you with a taste comparison in about 24 hours. ;)

WAINWRIGHT
04-29-2013, 22:27
I think you will find the EW BIB to be a bit more nutty than the White 6yr it is to my tastes anyway,both great,great value pours.

JPBoston
04-29-2013, 23:11
Oh wow, great news! I was just talking to an employee in Total Wine how I wish we had more selection of Bonded juice like EW!!!

Thanks for posting --- I hope this thread gets updated with news on the role-out.

EagleRiver
04-30-2013, 08:35
Thanks to WAINWRIGHT I got to try this for the first time last night. It was very good for a bargain pour. Didn't really help my golf game though, lol.

emr454
04-30-2013, 08:37
I hope it makes it's way to central NY. EW BIB is the best $10 bourbon I've ever bought!

Eric

soad
04-30-2013, 14:41
Wonder if it stays around $10 or if they raise the price to be closer to its natural rival OGD BIB (about $18 here in PA)......

ethangsmith
04-30-2013, 16:10
How does this compare to the Old Heaven Hill gold label BIB? I really enjoy that and if this is similar, I'll be sure to stock up! Now if only Mellow Corn would go nationwide!

fishnbowljoe
04-30-2013, 16:14
Thanks to WAINWRIGHT I got to try this for the first time last night. It was very good for a bargain pour. Didn't really help my golf game though, lol.

I like it too ER. A lot. That being said, like you and golf, it doesn't do much for me and Gary for our bowling either. :lol:

emr454
04-30-2013, 19:01
Stopped by a local store and asked if they could notify me when/if it becomes available in NY. Their main distributor is Southern Wines and Spirits and it's not listed in their books yet.

Erc

Josh
04-30-2013, 19:31
Is the EW White BIB a 6 yr AS like the HH White BIB is? Are the two really the same product, but in different bottles and labels?

The EW (white) BIB is NAS, but I'll get back to you with a taste comparison in about 24 hours. ;)

I think you will find the EW BIB to be a bit more nutty than the White 6yr it is to my tastes anyway,both great,great value pours.

To toot my own horn:

http://sipologyblog.com/2013/01/18/head-to-head-white-on-white-evan-williams-bottled-in-bond-vs-heaven-hill-bottled-in-bond-white-label/

squire
04-30-2013, 20:23
I expect we will see more emphasis on the NAS BIBs in the future as Heaven Hill works to keep the price down.

fishnbowljoe
04-30-2013, 20:35
To toot my own horn:

To quote a friend of mine, "HONK!" :lol:

WAINWRIGHT
04-30-2013, 20:38
I knew you'd come around!:grin:

TheNovaMan
04-30-2013, 23:13
Well, my preliminary results are in. The noses are drastically different. The EW BIB is heavy on the vanilla and has a little mintyness too. The HH white BIB has a darker, richer nose, with lots of caramel/toffee and other dark brown smells. As far as palate, the EW BIB is not quite as rich and complex, but it seems to be smoother overall. The HH white BIB hits the palate very smooth and rich initially, but then gets rather hot from mid-palate through to the finish. An interesting pair, both very much in the BIB style, but definitely not the same. I can't decide which I like better, so further testing is required. :D

Note: I opened the HH white BIB about 24 hours ago, but my EW BIB has been open for more than a month.

PaulO
05-01-2013, 13:04
I can't wait. It would be interesting to compare this to JTS Brown too.

squire
05-01-2013, 13:16
EWW, JTS Brown and JW Dant BIBs make for a good blind tasting.

loki993
05-01-2013, 13:29
I just saw this pop up at my local store and I was thinking about getting a bottle but opted instead for a bottle of OWA. So is this better then the EW Black? I've had EW Black and Its ok but I'm not a huge fan. It has a decent taste but just doesn't seem to have as much of the flavor that some of the other bourbons I drink do. Thing I sI like Heaven Hill stuff usually. EC 12, EWSB....

squire
05-01-2013, 13:49
Actually I think Evan Williams Black is a more complex vatting than the White but the higher alcoholic strength of EWW carries with it some fractionally more intense flavors.

JPBoston
05-01-2013, 14:04
Actually I think Evan Williams Black is a more complex vatting than the White but the higher alcoholic strength of EWW carries with it some fractionally more intense flavors.

I wonder if a 1:1 blend (or any variation) of the two would bring out the best of both. Basically, a 90-95 proof EWB would be pretty nice, I would imagine.

squire
05-01-2013, 14:38
That should work . . . one ounce each and maybe toss in an ice cube later.

TheNovaMan
05-01-2013, 22:21
I have no Dant or JTS Brown BIBs, but I'll add the EW vatting to my ever-lengthening to-do list. :)

squire
05-01-2013, 22:28
No Dant or Brown? Alas, poor chap.

MauiSon
05-02-2013, 21:53
I'll believe it when I see it... in Hawaii.

mark fleetwood
05-02-2013, 22:11
If EWwhite gets out here, it will be a great day. Just like HH doing the customer right. Are you listening BT (VOB)?

HighInTheMtns
05-02-2013, 23:54
I'll believe it when I see it... in Hawaii.
And I will, when I see it in Utah. It would be the lone BIB on our shelves.

black mamba
05-03-2013, 00:00
HH Gold BIB and JTSB BIB are remarkably similar, and both pretty good. But the HHW BIB at 6 yrs (I believe the other two are 4) is just a couple bucks more and clearly superior. The HHW BIB tastes more like EC12 than it does the HHG BIB.

p_elliott
05-03-2013, 09:17
I think EW BIB taste like a lower proof version of Noah Mills. I think Noah Mills is just EW BIB at BP at a jacked up price.

393foureyedfox
05-22-2013, 21:42
I've not seen it yet. Since i lost my bourbon cherry to some 1783, and that i like the value of HH 6yo white BIB, I'm ready to grab one as soon as i see it.

I'm in Louisville Ky; the stuff is distilled 5 miles from my house and aged 30 miles from me, but nowhere in my state can it be found. Ive read that TN was the closest to have it. why would they not offer to sell it in the state where it's made? the only thing weirder is Blantons straight from the barrel.....made in KY, and not for sale in the US.....

deathevocation
05-23-2013, 07:41
I've not seen it yet. Since i lost my bourbon cherry to some 1783, and that i like the value of HH 6yo white BIB, I'm ready to grab one as soon as i see it.

I'm in Louisville Ky; the stuff is distilled 5 miles from my house and aged 30 miles from me, but nowhere in my state can it be found. Ive read that TN was the closest to have it. why would they not offer to sell it in the state where it's made? the only thing weirder is Blantons straight from the barrel.....made in KY, and not for sale in the US.....

I got a bottle of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel in Singapore. Should open it soon.

393foureyedfox
05-23-2013, 08:07
odd that you have to go halfway around the world to buy something thats made a half hour from your home....

squire
05-23-2013, 08:23
I expect there are some folks in Scotland who wish they could get Macallan 18 for $33 at Costco.

Flyfish
05-23-2013, 08:47

Got my last handle of HH White at the Liquor Barn in Lexington.

393foureyedfox
05-23-2013, 11:31
Got my last handle of HH White at the Liquor Barn in Lexington.

Im talking about wanting to try the EW BIB, since I like the HH BIB 6 year and cant get the EW BIB here

Jackinbox
05-23-2013, 12:42
I just called my guy I deal with at a local liquor store. He had never heard of it, so perhaps it's not available here in Indy either.

squire
05-23-2013, 12:48
I know a guy who's owned a liquor store for 40 years and there's a lot he doesn't know, some of these owners don't even drink.

AaronWF
05-23-2013, 14:32
Interesting contrast to the news of shrinking of BT products/availability. Of course, HH already made their move with EC18 and AAA10 already had very limited distribution, but I wonder which distillery (HH or BT) is better positioned for the bourbon boom? I would guess that BT is better positioned from a financial point of view, but HH may be better positioned from a loyal enthusiast's point of view. I certainly haven't seen anything new come out of BT to cater to the enthusiast at a bargain price ala the EC12 CS, and HH is pretty much the unchallenged king of bottom shelf quality, other than VOB.

Grain Belt
05-23-2013, 18:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLQnRFKHZR8 I'm excited. Hope it gets to MN. If you click on my link know that "bad" means "good" in this case.:cool:

MyOldKyDram
05-23-2013, 19:05
Congrats rest of the nation!

emr454
05-23-2013, 19:36
I've got my local liquor store owner looking for this for me, I hope it makes its way up here soon!

Eric

deathevocation
05-24-2013, 08:28
odd that you have to go halfway around the world to buy something thats made a half hour from your home....

Nah, odds struck you out here. I'm an Australian so it's not too far at all.

qman22
05-24-2013, 14:47
I'm not very confident in this coming to PA. HH offerings are very limited here for some reason. EWSB is special order only and we don't even get Parker's Heritage at all.

WAINWRIGHT
05-24-2013, 18:16
I am really glad to see this expansion of distribution,I will be glad to add it to the likes of my daily value pours including VOB BIB,AAA 10yr and HH 6yr.BIB.Oh wait,I guess I should write off the last two since........anyway I will be glad to see it's arrival.

P&MLiquorsEric
05-24-2013, 19:37
Just arrived in KY this past week. We have both 750 and 1.75s.

393foureyedfox
05-25-2013, 21:39
what?! where? I havent seen it in Louisville, i looked yesterday

HighInTheMtns
05-25-2013, 21:48
what?! where? I havent seen it in Louisville, i looked yesterday
Eric's store is in Elizabethtown.

393foureyedfox
05-25-2013, 22:01
before I see it on the shelves, let me ask you guys point blank.....Is there enough of a difference to tell between this and the HH BIB 6 year white label? I like that, but kind of expect them to be very similar.

also tried the HH BIB gold label, and didnt care for that one as much. I imagine the only difference from the white is 2 years less age. is the EW BIB like either of these, or noticably different?

bad_scientist
05-25-2013, 23:16
before I see it on the shelves, let me ask you guys point blank.....Is there enough of a difference to tell between this and the HH BIB 6 year white label? I like that, but kind of expect them to be very similar.

also tried the HH BIB gold label, and didnt care for that one as much. I imagine the only difference from the white is 2 years less age. is the EW BIB like either of these, or noticably different?

I bought all except the TW Samuels a few months ago and tried them side by side. I found the EW BiB to be the worst of the lot and proceeded to make part of it into a bourbon sauce, and the rest of it a cherry infusion experiment. To my taste, it was sickly sweet and malty in the extreme, lacking any bite or nuance. It did taste good with a half pound of cherries in the handle... I expect others to chime in with positive reviews, so my taste may well be an outlier. FWIW, I think it's a lot like the 1783 and a little like the gold label, but not that similar to the others, certainly not to the 6 year white label.

393foureyedfox
05-26-2013, 08:16
FWIW, I think it's a lot like the 1783 and a little like the gold label, but not that similar to the others, certainly not to the 6 year white label.

so you thought the HH BIB white 6 year considerably better? of the HH lineup, I liked the white 6 year BIB and the green 90 proofer best. So, youd liken it more to the gold HH BIB?

I may just wait and see if it shows up int 50 or 200ml bottles first then.....

bad_scientist
05-26-2013, 08:51
so you thought the HH BIB white 6 year considerably better? of the HH lineup, I liked the white 6 year BIB and the green 90 proofer best. So, youd liken it more to the gold HH BIB?

I may just wait and see if it shows up int 50 or 200ml bottles first then.....

Yeah, the white label BiB came up in another thread - I like it plenty, but it's too sweet and corny for my personal cabinet and I won't buy another bottle. It's pretty tough to tell whether you'll like the EW BiB, based on what you've written. HH has a particular profile, perhaps due to what I have heard is an extremely high distilling proof, but I divide their products under general lines, either super-malty or super-corny. I put the white label BiB as malty while the 6 year BiB is corny. Their higher end products don't fall under either category, and to be honest I don't even see the resemblance between those and their general offerings.

393foureyedfox
05-26-2013, 12:53
im new enough to bourbon though, that if you gave me the whole lineup of HH labeled stuff in a blind tasting, id probably not be able to tell the difference other than proof. i do like the larceny too....

squire
05-26-2013, 13:14
" im new enough to bourbon though, that if you gave me the whole lineup of HH labeled stuff in a blind tasting, id probably not be able to tell the difference other than proof. "

fox, I expect that would be true for most of us irrespective of experience.

OscarV
05-26-2013, 13:20
I just hope the expansion doesn't affect the quality of what is one of my favorite bourbons on the shelf.

I'm with you there.
Evan Williams White Label BIB is a nice little treasure.

nblair
05-26-2013, 13:27

Don't be too upset about the HH selections in KY. Be thankful you have plenty of access to the HH BIB 6 Year and the vast selection of other bonds including JTS Brown, JW Dant, etc. Not everyone else does...

393foureyedfox
05-26-2013, 18:02
oh, I am grateful. I am truly lucky to be where I am as a beginner bourbon drinker, there's no better place on the planet to be a bourbon fan. It just eludes me why a distiller will not sell something in the state they make it, but still have a dozen other offerings in that state. I mean....no EW BIB, but two HH BIB's, and theyre all made in the same place.....it cant be legal reasons at that logic.

but again, it is nice to walk into a large liquor store here and see practically everything made in the country on the shelf! sure makes experimenting a lot of fun! but as with anything, you want to try what you cant have. I guess it could be a little more fun with not everything available everywhere, it makes it like a treasure hunt when you travel...

HighInTheMtns
05-26-2013, 18:06
oh, I am grateful. I am truly lucky to be where I am as a beginner bourbon drinker, there's no better place on the planet to be a bourbon fan. It just eludes me why a distiller will not sell something in the state they make it, but still have a dozen other offerings in that state. I mean....no EW BIB, but two HH BIB's, and theyre all made in the same place.....it cant be legal reasons at that logic.

but again, it is nice to walk into a large liquor store here and see practically everything made in the country on the shelf! sure makes experimenting a lot of fun! but as with anything, you want to try what you cant have. I guess it could be a little more fun with not everything available everywhere, it makes it like a treasure hunt when you travel...
Just a matter of brand recognition and product placement. Heaven Hill isn't as widely known a name outside KY as in KY. So many other near-identical products, minimal market share, at best, to be gained by adding one more.

393foureyedfox
05-31-2013, 23:16
ive still not seen it in louisville. if anyone sees it, please post where it is. thanks!

P&MLiquorsEric
05-31-2013, 23:51
ive still not seen it in louisville. if anyone sees it, please post where it is. thanks!

Look for a white label EW. Came out last week in ky. We have it but I have not had any feedback yet.

squire
06-01-2013, 06:41
Would like to hear what your customers have to say Eric.

393foureyedfox
06-01-2013, 10:07
Would like to hear what your customers have to say Eric.

me too....

so it's in E-town, but Ive yet to see any in Louisville. Next time we go to the Doe Valley to visit some friends, I may stop in and grab some.

MyOldKyDram
06-01-2013, 13:16
Didn't see it in Lexington today, but I only made the one stop.

Kyjd75
06-01-2013, 14:56
Look for a white label EW. Came out last week in ky. We have it but I have not had any feedback yet.

On the shelf at Packages and More in E'town.

squire
06-02-2013, 12:58
That label has such clarity it's calling me from the shelf.

393foureyedfox
06-02-2013, 13:44
asked a small liquor store about it today. he looked in his most recent book and said it doesnt list it, but would call his distributor and let me know tomorrow.

P&MLiquorsEric
06-02-2013, 16:44
asked a small liquor store about it today. he looked in his most recent book and said it doesnt list it, but would call his distributor and let me know tomorrow.

Those beverage journals can be helpful but they are usually months behind when it comes to new products.

393foureyedfox
06-02-2013, 21:13
hopefully he calls tomorrow and says he can get that and a fighting cock in 200ml bottles! im itching to try both

...theres a joke in there somwhere

JPBoston
06-03-2013, 10:54
Nothing in AZ yet.... The lack of BiBs here is really bumming me out.

Actually, not having EW/HH Bonded, VOB, ETL, or Larceny is starting to grate on my nerves.

elbowguru
06-03-2013, 19:36
Opened my second bottle tonight, so glad that it's available in Kentucky. I honestly like Virgin more, if only I could get that here at home. Got a co-worker going to Pennsylvania this summer, plan on getting a case. It's definitely the best value bourbon I've had.

393foureyedfox
06-03-2013, 20:40
Opened my second bottle tonight, so glad that it's available in Kentucky. I honestly like Virgin more, if only I could get that here at home. Got a co-worker going to Pennsylvania this summer, plan on getting a case. It's definitely the best value bourbon I've had.

where did you find it, elbowguru?

that liquor store called me today and said he called the distributor and it was indeed available and would have a bottle for me tomorrow. other than talking to him about it, ive not seen it anywhere.

mosugoji64
06-03-2013, 21:00
Nothing in AZ yet.... The lack of BiBs here is really bumming me out.

Actually, not having EW/HH Bonded, VOB, ETL, or Larceny is starting to grate on my nerves.

Hey, JP, let's trade places! You can live here with easy access, and we'll live there and order from TPS!

(Just kinda missin' AZ right now :cry:)

JPBoston
06-04-2013, 09:54
Hey, JP, let's trade places! You can live here with easy access, and we'll live there and order from TPS!

(Just kinda missin' AZ right now :cry:)

Ha. I'll stick with AZ... warm weather over bourbon any day. My un-heated pool is 87 degrees as of last evening. ;)

393foureyedfox
06-05-2013, 14:27
got one! the owner at hazelwood liquors ordered it just for me. havent tried it yet, let you know tonight.

btw, if youre in louisville and want one, he ordered two, but i only bought one. I just want to see if its HHW BIB in another label.

its a rough looking place, but hes friendly.

black mamba
06-05-2013, 15:25
I think HHW BIB is twice the bourbon that EWW BIB is. The EW tastes much younger, as in thinner, lighter, less flavorful and less woody.

elbowguru
06-05-2013, 16:24
Liquor Barn on Shelbyville Road in Louisville.

smknjoe
06-05-2013, 18:00
It there a big difference between the current stuff and the stuff from the 80's?

393foureyedfox
06-05-2013, 21:22
i found it pretty good. if you like HH white label BIB but wish it didnt have the astringent/corny HH taste to it, grab one of the EW BIB's. thats exactly what it is

Jackinbox
06-23-2013, 14:15
I know a guy who's owned a liquor store for 40 years and there's a lot he doesn't know, some of these owners don't even drink.Turns out you were correct. Found several bottles on the shelf at a different liquor store yesterday.

fishnbowljoe
07-29-2013, 15:47
I heard from a fellow member that EW BIB has made its way almost to northern Illinois. I checked at one local place this past Saturday to see if it was here yet, but they didn't have it. The manager took my name and number and he said he'd try and get some info for me. :skep: Lo and behold, there was a message on my answering machine when I got home from work today. It was the local sales rep for Southern Wine And Spirits. He left a message telling me to call him back. I called him, and he said he's gonna do his best to get some EW BIB on the next shipment to that store. With a little luck, it might be there by Friday. :bigeyes: He said he'd call me back one way or the other and let me know for sure. Every once in a while.......... :grin:

WAINWRIGHT
07-29-2013, 18:18
Oh it's here alright,you just need to get your bearded German mule to haul you some back is all! :grin: 16.99 is a great deal and I find it far superior to the HH BIB Blk/Gld label and where do you turn with the recent loss of the tried and true HH 6yr BIB the EW BIB ain't all that bad of an alternative.

Phil T
07-29-2013, 18:34
Lo and behold, there was a message on my answering machine when I got home from work today.

What the hell is an answering machine??

393foureyedfox
07-29-2013, 20:22
where do you turn with the recent loss of the tried and true HH 6yr BIB the EW BIB ain't all that bad of an alternative.

ive heard people say the 6 year white HH is going away, but most of those people are referring to the fact that the '6 year' description is just not obvious on the 1.75's. i have heard nothing definitive, even remotely of the white BIB going away. unless you know something I dont.....which is entirely likely!

i still see plenty of 6 year white HH around. but, i also see a good bit of AAA 10 year around too.....

I, for one, think that in a blind tasting, 99% of people could not tell EW BIB from HH 6 year BIB, and since the White BIB HH is $11 here and i have to ask a liquor store to order me an EW BIB and then pay $16 for it, i'll just get the easily available HH every time.

JPBoston
07-30-2013, 00:49
Still nothing in AZ.... fuckers.

WAINWRIGHT
07-30-2013, 05:49
I, for one, think that in a blind tasting, 99% of people could not tell EW BIB from HH 6 year BIB, and since the White BIB HH is $11 here and i have to ask a liquor store to order me an EW BIB and then pay $16 for it, i'll just get the easily available HH every time.We actually did a 3 way blind on the HH BIB Blk/Gld,HH 6yr BIB and EW BIB before the EW came available in Illinois and the 6yr. was the outright winner chosen by 4 out of 5 guys involved.The HH BIB Blk/Gld label was 3rd by a mile and everyone agreed that the 6yr. was quite a bit more refined than the EW BIB and just all around more polished.

T Comp
07-30-2013, 08:48
We actually did a 3 way blind on the HH BIB Blk/Gld,HH 6yr BIB and EW BIB before the EW came available in Illinois and the 6yr. was the outright winner chosen by 4 out of 5 guys involved.The HH BIB Blk/Gld label was 3rd by a mile and everyone agreed that the 6yr. was quite a bit more refined than the EW BIB and just all around more polished.

Doesn't suprise me. I find the current 4 year HH Blk/Gld label, quite doggy and well...disagreeable to me even at $11. The contrast with the 6 year is significant.

TunnelTiger
07-30-2013, 09:42
Y'all are making me thirsty. Going to open up a new bottle of EWBIB tonight, well sometime between 5:30 & 6:00

393foureyedfox
07-30-2013, 12:32
although no one can doubt the family resemblance, i will put them in this order.........least good to best

HH BIB gold ($10 here, rather 'young' and harsh)
EW BIB ($15ish here, have to order it so far as no one is stocking it yet)
HH BIB white ($11 here, worth well more than the $1 increase over the gold BIB)

any proof yet that HH 6 year is going away?

Richnimrod
07-30-2013, 16:13
General Observation (maybe not exactly correct in this thread?) EW BIB White Label just became available in my area in the last few weex. I scored a bottle a couple weex back and opened it up yesterday. First impression was less than dynamic. In fact I was somewhat underwhelmed. Maybe I was expecting too much?... or maybe I just had an off day (will revisit in a few days). A relative bargain price/proof, but didn't really seem much different from EW Black Label; maybe not as nice, even.

squire
07-30-2013, 16:25
I've long maintained EW Black label is more complex than the White.

393foureyedfox
07-30-2013, 17:19
now if only theyd release an EW barrel proof. who knows....maybe id actually be able to find some of that!:rolleyes:

squire
07-30-2013, 17:30
Certainly within the realm of possibility, they've got, what, approximately 600,000 barrels of whisky aging in their warehouses.

Phil T
07-30-2013, 17:39
now if only theyd release an EW barrel proof. who knows....maybe id actually be able to find some of that!:rolleyes:

The label has been approved for EW barrel strength, 7 yrs old. It will be bottled in a jug.

Phil T
07-30-2013, 18:17
Certainly within the realm of possibility, they've got, what, approximately 600,000 barrels of whisky aging in their warehouses.

According to the press release about the 6.5 million barrels of bourbon filled in their history, they now have nearly 1 million barrels aging. Incredible for sure.

squire
07-30-2013, 18:27
Guess I'm aging myself by posting outdated information but it's a river of whisky no matter what the number.

Phil T
07-30-2013, 18:46
Guess I'm aging myself by posting outdated information but it's a river of whisky no matter what the number.

Whether its 600,000 or a 1, 000, 000, still a shit ton full for sure squire. Good for us..:woohoo:

TheNovaMan
07-30-2013, 21:41
I'm going to have to disagree with you folks who like the HH white better than the EW BIB. Just a week or so ago, I revisited HH white BIB, VOB BIB, and EW BIB, and I thought EW BIB was the smoothest, most well-rounded of the three. All had been open for at least a couple months.

TunnelTiger
07-31-2013, 04:48
I'm going to have to disagree with you folks who like the HH white better than the EW BIB. Just a week or so ago, I revisited HH white BIB, VOB BIB, and EW BIB, and I thought EW BIB was the smoothest, most well-rounded of the three. All had been open for at least a couple months.
Another vote for the EWBIB, it's just so smooth!!!

393foureyedfox
07-31-2013, 05:31
some of us dont really prefer 'smooth'

i still maintain that in a blind tasting, you couldnt tell EW BIB from HH 6 year BIB

squire
07-31-2013, 13:02
The good thing, the really good thing is, we can have all three for the price of one similar grade NDP in a fancy bottle.

Phil T
07-31-2013, 14:09
similar grade NDP in a fancy bottle.

With no age statement to boot

JPBoston
07-31-2013, 15:34
The good thing, the really good thing is, we can have all three for the price of one similar grade NDP in a fancy bottle.

Amen to that.

Kpiz
09-18-2013, 11:47
Just saw this in San Diego last night. First time I've see it in CA. Has anyone seen it elsewhere on the West Coast? I was tempted to buy a bottle, but figured it'll probably be available in the Bay Area soon.

suntour
09-18-2013, 11:50
Just saw this in San Diego last night. First time I've see it in CA. Has anyone seen it elsewhere on the West Coast? I was tempted to buy a bottle, but figured it'll probably be available in the Bay Area soon.

I think Oregon has had it for a long time. I just saw 1.75 (plastic) bottles for the first time yesterday.

393foureyedfox
09-18-2013, 12:31
just curious.....what does the 750 go for out there?

suntour
09-18-2013, 12:42

$14.95 in oregon.

393foureyedfox
09-18-2013, 12:48
$14.95 in oregon.

i special ordered one from the hole in the wall place here in KY in May, when it was first released in KY. I too gave $15 for it. I have yet to see anyone in Louisville actually STOCK it though....

no loss though, we have regular old HH BIB white and gold labels here, and they are all so close itd be hard to distinguish them in a blind test. i might be able to tell the HH white from the gold, and the EWBIB falls somewhere between them. the gold label is $9.50 and the white is $10.50, so i dont care if i never see EWBIB on a shelf, Id grab the others first anyway

Cigar Dan
09-18-2013, 13:05
I just picked up two bottles in Baton Rouge for $25 and change (tax included).

Kpiz
09-18-2013, 14:55

Unfortunately there was no price on them. I was curious as well, but didn't want to ask, because I knew I'd end up buying one. I'll report back if/when I see this in Northern CA.

Kpiz
09-18-2013, 15:01
we have regular old HH BIB white and gold labels here

I wish we had those out west. EWB is a staple in my house, and I'd be happy to spend a few more bucks for something a little better...or just different. It's interesting that the HH white and the EW white are so close in flavor profile. It's not surprising, considering their origins, but I wonder what the reason is for having such similar juice under two names. Maybe Evan Williams is a more recognizable names in some parts?

393foureyedfox
09-18-2013, 18:40
I wish we had those out west. EWB is a staple in my house, and I'd be happy to spend a few more bucks for something a little better...or just different. It's interesting that the HH white and the EW white are so close in flavor profile. It's not surprising, considering their origins, but I wonder what the reason is for having such similar juice under two names. Maybe Evan Williams is a more recognizable names in some parts?

my bet is its because having the EW name on it will pull in a few dollars more a bottle than the HHWBIB. give it a few years, i bet the HHWBIB goes away quietly once the EWBIB gets established. HH can sell it for a few bucks more a bottle, and not have a 6 year age statement on it too. wait and see.....

JPBoston
09-19-2013, 00:05
Still waiting in AZ --- Damn you, EW!!!

Kpiz
09-19-2013, 09:30
my bet is its because having the EW name on it will pull in a few dollars more a bottle than the HHWBIB. give it a few years, i bet the HHWBIB goes away quietly once the EWBIB gets established. HH can sell it for a few bucks more a bottle, and not have a 6 year age statement on it too. wait and see.....

That makes a lot of sense. Hopefully the HHWBIB stays around for a while though. I'd like to try it someday, even if it is very similar to the EWBIB.

BTW, the EWBIB is $16.99 in San Diego.

bourbonfoot
09-19-2013, 10:05
i special ordered one from the hole in the wall place here in KY in May, when it was first released in KY. I too gave $15 for it. I have yet to see anyone in Louisville actually STOCK it though....

no loss though, we have regular old HH BIB white and gold labels here, and they are all so close itd be hard to distinguish them in a blind test. i might be able to tell the HH white from the gold, and the EWBIB falls somewhere between them. the gold label is $9.50 and the white is $10.50, so i dont care if i never see EWBIB on a shelf, Id grab the others first anyway

Opposite here, we don't get any of the HH products (save for the gold 80 proof, which is on our special order shelf?) and have had EW White lable for awhile. I'd love to try some of the HH.

393foureyedfox
09-19-2013, 10:41
Opposite here, we don't get any of the HH products (save for the gold 80 proof, which is on our special order shelf?) and have had EW White lable for awhile. I'd love to try some of the HH.

find some HH BIB gold and some HH BIB white, and mix them 50/50 and youll likely end up with EW BIB....thats my take on it

squire
09-19-2013, 17:37
I would call that pretty close as well.

393foureyedfox
09-19-2013, 20:42
if squire says so, it must be true.

everything on the interwebs is true

squire
09-20-2013, 13:48
Actually, it was Abraham Lincoln who cautioned against believing everything you read on the internet.

393foureyedfox
09-20-2013, 14:49
Actually, it was Abraham Lincoln who cautioned against believing everything you read on the internet.

as one with a history degree.....this is also true:skep:

mosugoji64
12-07-2013, 00:56
All of my AZ SB brethren (there are some out there, right?) will be happy to know I spotted this one tonight, so we got it, too! Now I can stop nursing my bottles. As far as I've seen, that's the only HH bonded bourbon available. No sign of Dant, Samuels, etc. If anyone knows of any others please let me know what and where.
Noticed we have MC as well. Not sure if that was here before, but I was happy to see it!

JPBoston
12-15-2013, 11:27
All of my AZ SB brethren (there are some out there, right?) will be happy to know I spotted this one tonight, so we got it, too! Now I can stop nursing my bottles. As far as I've seen, that's the only HH bonded bourbon available. No sign of Dant, Samuels, etc. If anyone knows of any others please let me know what and where.
Noticed we have MC as well. Not sure if that was here before, but I was happy to see it!

Yep... was waiting all summer for this stuff and it's finally here, along with 1783. Just in time, seeing as everything Weller seems to be in short supply here.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

callmeox
01-29-2014, 18:07
This hit the Ohio list for January. It's not available very widely yet, but you should be able to have your local store request it. The item number is 2925B.

DrBob
01-29-2014, 18:18
I saw one yesterday in New Mexico, but couldn't buy it. I was at a liquor store I frequent and a talking to a distributor who was in the shop. The EWBIB was among his samples. He said he had 36 cases available to him. I couldn't buy any because the liquor store owner hadn't decided if they were going to order it or not. But someone else will even in they don't, I imagine,

Grain Belt
01-30-2014, 10:19
I brought a bottle of EWBIB to the deer shack this fall. My uncle is a 70+ year old who knows his way around a bourbon or two. The look on his face when I poured him one from my bottle was priceless. He LOVED! his pour. He immediately wrote the name down on his phone and was going to have his local order it for him. He didn't believe it was $17 for the 1L.

squire
01-30-2014, 13:09
It was apparently someone young and inexperienced who first said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Flyfish
02-05-2014, 08:07
This hit the Ohio list for January. It's not available very widely yet, but you should be able to have your local store request it. The item number is 2925B.

Thanks for the heads up. Evidently it is available at Weiland's in Columbus as a 750 for $16.30. I'm headed there on 2/17. Meanwhile, will have my local see if he can get handles. But, then, I'm still waiting for his call to say he got in another shipment of ECBP.

chrisg
02-25-2014, 10:06
I just saw this on the shelf for the first time here in Ohio yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry in WashDC
02-25-2014, 20:32
EWW is now on the Virginia ABC Price list. 750ml is $13.95 plus tax.

Haven't seen it on the shelves, yet, but I haven't been in every store, and some are better than others at putting product out.

higgins
02-25-2014, 21:18
EWW is now on the Virginia ABC Price list. 750ml is $13.95 plus tax.

Haven't seen it on the shelves, yet, but I haven't been in every store, and some are better than others at putting product out.

I've seen it at a few different stores in Northern Virginia, the Ballston ABC is where I usually get mine. I believe that it's also available in MoCo.

fishnbowljoe
02-26-2014, 18:07
I'm still waiting for it to appear here in northern Illinois. :skep: I talked to the manager of one store here early last September. He must have notified his sales rep. I got a call from an area sales manager/distributor. He said I could count on it being on the shelves here in 2 or 3 weeks. It's still not available here yet. :hot: I really like EW BIB, and I can get it through "other sources". Still, it would be nice to not have to jump through hoops just to get something supposedly already available here.

A special call out to two or three members here that have been kind enough to procure and/or offer to provide me with some EW BIB. Thank's. There's more than one way to skin a cat. :grin: