PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day

jonhalter
05-12-2013, 12:03
Anyone happen to buy their wife or mother a nice bottle of bourbon today? Neither my wife or mother would appreciate that gift, but I know some out there who would.

Meruck
05-12-2013, 12:04
Anyone happen to buy their wife or mother a nice bottle of bourbon today? Neither my wife or mother would appreciate that gift, but I know some out there who would.

My wife would be horrified, buy my Mother would appreciate it.

darylld911
05-12-2013, 12:24
Neither my wife nor mother would go for that (but on the bright side, I don't worry about them drinking my bourbon!) My wife appreciates a pour on rare occasion (ironically, when I brought my ECBP home, she tried some and said "Wow - I like that. You only bought one bottle?", which I took for permission to buy as much as I could find :lol:

WAINWRIGHT
05-12-2013, 13:34
I am with most here in the fact that neither my wife or mother would appreciate a gift of bourbon,but look ahead and a great gift to both opens the path ahead for when Fathers Day rolls around.......it's all circular in effect.:grin:

Meruck
05-12-2013, 18:04
........it's all circular in effect.:grin:

Karma.........................................

Bourbon Boiler
05-12-2013, 18:23
My step-mother would love a case of beer today, but wouldn't appreciate the bourbon. If I gave my wife either, I'd be sleeping in the driveway for the forseeable future.

Tony
05-12-2013, 18:25
I bought the wife a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch and she said that was for me not her. But I thought it was kind of funny so I think I will be buying her a bottle of Four Roses for each holiday now where gifts are given.

Best regards, Tony

darylld911
05-12-2013, 18:52
I bought the wife a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch and she said that was for me not her. But I thought it was kind of funny so I think I will be buying her a bottle of Four Roses for each holiday now where gifts are given.

Best regards, Tony
Hey - if you get her THREE bottles . . . isn't that like a dozen roses, but better? :lol:

Lazer
05-12-2013, 19:22
When's mother's day? is it in June or July, can't remember?

Bourbon Boiler
05-12-2013, 19:39
To use a modified Homer Simpson line: "I took care of Mothers Day over a year ago."

deathevocation
05-13-2013, 06:29
My wife prefers a Canadian so she got a bottle of Crown.

Danger
05-13-2013, 20:10
I never would have thought to do this for mother's day... My Mom does enjoy Irish Whiskey, flowers be damned, next year is spirits!