PDA

View Full Version : Best Online Retailer to Get Fresh (not dry) Sticks?

ATXWhiskey
08-19-2013, 17:28
Does anyone have advice on the best online retailer for purchasing cigars. I bought a bunch through famous smoke a while back and they were mailed in a poorly sealed box and all of them were (to one extent or another) a little dried out. Most were still fine to smoke (but I could tell the difference) but at least a few were nearly ruined. I've noticed that the couple of times I've bought a cigar on a trip (and then not had the opportunity to smoke it) and then put it in a checked bag that it was pretty dried out by the time I got home. I'm assuming the temp/altitude does that so maybe that's the case with air shipping.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone here had any good pointers on buying cigars online. Based on my last experience I definitely wouldn't buy anything good through Famous Smoke again. If any of them take steps to humidify the packaging, I would be very interested in that.

Thanks!

Wall Eye
10-08-2013, 15:39
Just ordered some from Mike's Cigars. They put the little water pillows in the packaging. I always plan on getting them into the humi for some length of time anyway, but I've never had any problems with Mike's.

squire
10-08-2013, 17:25
Me either and I've done business with Mikes for 40 years.

ATXWhiskey
10-11-2013, 11:25
Thanks for the tip guys.

jwacky
10-26-2013, 21:39
Can't say I've had those problems with FSS/Cigar Monster, but I also buy frequently from TampaHumidor.com, AtlanticCigar.com (I've got a VIP membership there), CigarsInternational.com, and a handful of other sites depending on sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

AnotherCigarGuy
10-27-2013, 10:40
Tampa Humi is here in town and has a wonderful selection in store and on line.
cigars international and their sister site, CigarBid are great. You can often pick up
5 packs and boxes for a percentage of their cost on Cigars International at CigarBid
with thoughtful bidding and patience.

wmpevans
10-27-2013, 19:23
Holt's. I've ordered several times from them: free shipping and cigars are always in good shape.

bourboNcigars
05-22-2014, 10:23
For over 5 years cigarsinternational.com and cigar.com never let me down
Also cigarbid.com know in by us brothers of the leaf has the devil site lol
It is owned by cigars international and I buy 95% of my sticks from there
I have weekly shipments come in every friday..I need to stop lol, I think about
2500 sticks should do me well for the end of the world zombie take over lol