PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon Turkey 2004

SSBourbon1
11-23-2004, 13:31
Well, It is that time of year again. I have a big bag of lump charcoal, my grill ready and waiting, and the turkey defrosting in the fridge. I am going to inject the bird again this year, but with a different mix. I have a butterball turkey cause I was too late to get a fresh one. With this in mind I am not going to add any more salt than I need to.

I was thinking about injecting this year's bird with a comdinaton of Bourbon and Honey. I am just trying to think of which bourbon to use. I have narrowed it to one of several choices. They are as follows: Weller 107, Wild Turkey, Ancient Ancient Age or possilby a Rye to add some spiciness.

Let me know your thoughts on these and which you think would be the better of several good choices. Either way a drunken bird is the best bird for me on Turkey Day! http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/toast.gif

wrbriggs
11-23-2004, 13:35
I was thinking about injecting this year's bird with a comdinaton of Bourbon and Honey. I am just trying to think of which bourbon to use.

Wild Turkey 101, for obvious reasons.

musher
11-23-2004, 16:45
Wild Turkey has always worked well for me in pecan pie, so why not as an injected turkey-basting?

gr8erdane
11-23-2004, 20:05
I wonder how WT Honey Liqueur would work for that?

SSBourbon1
11-24-2004, 06:40
You have a point on the Honey Liquor. I have never had it myself and I will have to look and see if the NC ABC has it as this could be a good option. Thanks for that thought.

bobbyc
11-24-2004, 17:58
I wonder how WT Honey Liqueur would work for that?

Works great in BBQ sauce!