PDA

View Full Version : Alert for DC area drinkers...

Jake_Parrott
08-06-2005, 17:21
Schneiders, a wine and spirits retailer on Mass Ave just east of Union Station, has had bottled a single barrel of ten-year-old Buffalo Trace at 90 proof under the Elmer T. Lee brand. It is stunning, stunning stuff, with an ethereal complexity (but some sweetness for those of you who like a little more sweetness). It's got a gold-foil extra label stating that it was bottled exclusively for Schneiders.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Schneiders or any spirits retailer.

angelshare
08-06-2005, 19:42
Thanks for the heads up! Don't know if we'll be in that area anytime soon, though. Gary/"OneCubeOnly" does that grab you at all?

How does this age compare to the ETL usual version? Isn't the "standard" ETL a little bit younger? Or are we remembering that incorrectly?

What is the asking price?

Jake_Parrott
08-07-2005, 04:49
It's about $30...I find it to be more balanced and complex (and definitely longer--much, much longer) than regular ETL.

BourbonJoe
08-07-2005, 05:06
How does this age compare to the ETL usual version? Isn't the "standard" ETL a little bit younger? Or are we remembering that incorrectly?

IIRC, ETL, standard version, is 10 to 14 years old.
Joe http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/usflag.gif

OneCubeOnly
08-07-2005, 05:08
Gary/"OneCubeOnly" does that grab you at all?

Absolutely!! Not sure when my next DC run might be though. I'd be very interested in comparing this to the '04 BT single-barrel!

Jake_Parrott
08-07-2005, 18:39
Schneider's will hold an order for you (or ship). Call and ask for Rick Genderson if you want to chat (anyone will take an order, no problem).

Sijan
06-27-2006, 00:15
Anyone know if this is still available? Although I've done a lot of bourbon shopping in Downtown DC and the so-called "Golden Triangle," I'm not familiar with this liquor store. Guess I never made it out that way.

Jake_Parrott
06-27-2006, 03:12
Schneider's is easy to get to--it's two blocks east of Union Station on Massachusetts Ave (and they have some parking). You live a lot closer than I do--go check it out!

OneCubeOnly
06-27-2006, 08:10
I'd be curious about whether this release is still available also--it seems like back when this was originally posted I misunderstood it to be a Buffalo Trace single-barrel, not an ETL.

Sijan, if you're in Arlington (my old stomping grounds BTW!) you should go scope it out!

Sijan
06-27-2006, 08:20
I'll swing by to check it out at some point fairly soon. I don't have a car yet (having recently returned from the parking unfriendly Cambridge/Somerville,MA area), so I'll need to take the metro over there.