PDA

View Full Version : Sazerac (6- to 7yo) Rye

TNbourbon
12-27-2005, 20:07
Name: Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey
Proof: 90
Cost: $27.52 after sales tax in Middle Tennessee
Distillery: Buffalo Trace Distillery, Frankfort, KY
Bottle: 1890's-style 10-sided barrel with long, narrow neck and wooden-topped cork stopper. The white-lettered front label is stencil-screened onto the glass; the back label is clear stick-on. See picture below.
Appearance: Orange-amber hue, with uniform 'legs'.
Nose: Unique combination of cinnamon tinged with orange-y citrus. Some vanilla slides in, but the chief sensations alternate between the Red Hots and citrus. Hints of a summer garden, but herbs, not flowers.
Taste: Orange marmalade caramels. Light, but pleasant, heat, cinnamony-fresh. Young leather at the end. In that order, from front to back. To mix the flavors, just roll it around in your mouth. Mouthwash-fresh.
Finish: A definite presence, but with medium heat and length. Very clean and freshening.
Conclusions: Wow! I like this better than I realized the first couple of times I poured it. Both the aromas and flavors are very well-balanced and, while not muscular and forward, are nonetheless pleasing and integrated. This is a whiskey with 'flow', a sense of progression like a passenger train -- you are going to get to your destination from the time you board, but the scenery enjoyably changes en route.
I dropped a Maraschino cherry and its pre-mixed quasi-Manhattan juice in the last ounce or so, and it makes a noticably spicy cocktail. It holds up to the added sweetness quite well, providing a pleasing contrast. I suspect the label's claim that "This rye whiskey is the perfect choice to make the Sazerac Cocktail, America's First Cocktail" is something more than mere marketing.
Well done again, Buffalo Trace! http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/toast.gif

TNbourbon
12-27-2005, 20:30
I know a lot of you think Gary is crazy, with his vatting experiments and all http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but I was perhaps one of his earliest converts after an entertaining and instructive discussion in the Bardstown Gazebo one evening.
Well, Gillmanizing was reborn in my glass again tonight on a whim, after I'd finished a 'formal' tasting of the new, young Sazerac rye (see above) -- to which I decided to add an equal part of the new Bernheim Original straight wheat. Call it the ultimate "Un-bourbon" -- two straights that don't take a turn for the worse.
Again, I ask -- as I did after vatting some Van Winkle rye with the Bernheim earlier -- 'Is this what Woodford Reserve was trying for with the 4-grain bourbon?'. Maybe the trick is to not worry about it being straight -- because, as with my earlier rye-wheat vatting, this is very good, I think. I don't think that about the WR Four-Grain.
If somebody has some Four-Grain to spare for a taste-off, I'm inviting Gary to be the judge of the "Distill or Vat? 4-Grain Shootout" at April's Sampler Gazebo.

Jake_Parrott
12-28-2005, 02:27
What about Corner Creek?

kbuzbee
12-28-2005, 07:13
Tim, as with all your reviews, I was simply mesmerized. I mean, you put me there. I can see it. I can taste it. Now I can't wait to have some in my glass. Thanks!!! http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/toast.gif

Ken

TNbourbon
12-28-2005, 07:47
What about Corner Creek?

Many here believe that the reference to four grains on the Corner Creek bottling is the whimsy of some overzealous and -- well, to put it bluntly -- ignorant copywriter who didn't know any better, and that it's not actually four-grain.
Even if it does, indeed, include all four grains -- wheat, rye, corn and barley -- the corn is at least 51%, making it straight bourbon, and the wheat and rye bourbons were most likely 'married' after unbarreling, not distilled together, as was the Woodford Reserve effort.
The referenced rye-wheat, 'single-glass' vatting(s) of mine above would not be bourbon, since neither the rye nor the wheat were.

Jake_Parrott
12-28-2005, 08:07
True that.

bluesbassdad
12-28-2005, 10:08
Tim,

I found your post much more enjoyable than any liquor while I'm in my present condition. (Sniffle, snort. Ha-a-a-ack! Groan. Wheeze. Stagger. Ker-plop.)

I'll look for the new Saz the next time I happen to be in a sufficiently civilized locale.

Just one question, though. I want to be clear about your use of imagery, as follows:

a sense of progression like a passenger train

Would that be a passenger train gliding nonchalantly across the Great Plains or one charging headlong into a darkened tunnel? http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

TNbourbon
12-28-2005, 10:34
...Just one question, though. I want to be clear about your use of imagery, as follows:

a sense of progression like a passenger train

Would that be a passenger train gliding nonchalantly across the Great Plains or one charging headlong into a darkened tunnel? http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave, that's that change of scenery I'm talking about -- all that rye grass and grain as you pass over the Plains, and that dark tunnel once you've drunk too much! http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/icon_pidu.gif

Edward_call_me_Ed
12-29-2005, 09:41
Do I hear a train whistle?
Ed

bobbyc
12-29-2005, 17:18
If I saw that bottle, empty lying beside the tracks I would have to think it had been there for 90 years. Good call resurrecting that glass BT. I always enjoy seeing the old bottles in that style at the Getz.

Rughi
12-29-2005, 20:59
If I saw that bottle, empty lying beside the tracks I would have to think it had been there for 90 years. Good call resurrecting that glass BT. I always enjoy seeing the old bottles in that style at the Getz.

Bobby,
when I first read your thread, all this talk of trains made me read your post in time with Johnny Cash' "Folsom Prison Blues":

If I saw that bottle,
Empty beside the tracks
I would have to think it had been there for
90 years.
Good call resurrecting that glass of BT.
And I still see those old bottles in that style at the Getz.

Hey, it coulda happened that way. It has that lonesome, wistful quality of a good country song, except for the last line which could use some help. Still, though, songwriters usually have to craft their verbage to get it just right, but you just riffed it off Kerouac-style.

Roger - slugged a shot in Reno, I think it was a rye - Hodges

Ken Weber
01-02-2006, 14:39
Great notes! I told you folks that when I tasted Sazerac Rye 6 year old, I liked it much better than our 18 year. Stil, I wish I could write like you!

kEN

TNbourbon
01-03-2006, 18:40
Kind words, Ken, and appreciated. But what you do, you do just fine. Thanks. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/toast.gif

CrispyCritter
01-04-2006, 19:57
I'm finishing up my second pour of the "Junior" Sazerac right now, and the "opened bottle effect" seems to have taken hold - a bit of harshness that I noticed on my first pour seems to have gone away.

IMO, you really can't go wrong with either the young or the old version...

barturtle
01-04-2006, 20:14
Damn, I still haven't seen any in Louisville yet...I try to hit at least one store everyday checking for it...

DrinkyBanjo
01-06-2006, 10:39
Opened bottle effect eh.... I've experienced this with Wild Turky Rare Breed lately. When I first opened it I was unimpressed. Now the last two times that I've sampled it have been wonderful to say the least.

barturtle
01-15-2006, 18:28
Tim, what does the back label look like. I was wondering because while looking through the TTB database(I had never realized that the print view actually showed the form and labels before), I noticed that one of the applications for the Saz Jr was wrong. The label says 90proof and the application says 90 proof but the application is for type 112 which is a BIB rye.

barturtle
01-15-2006, 18:32
This one is correct, but filed earlier...

TNbourbon
01-15-2006, 18:59
Voila!

barturtle
01-16-2006, 10:58
Looks like the label of the type 112 app.

As I was getting ready to head out of town to do some bottle hunting in surrounding areas, I happend to stop by my local package store and there sits the bottles I had been hunting all over Louisville for-Hooray for Louisiana! http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Took four of the Saz Jr, and while I was in Louisville the store had done a little restocking...with L'burg ORVW! Grabbed up a pair of the 10/90 and called it a day without ever bothering to use all of the pretty maps I had printed out for the hunt.

dougdog
01-16-2006, 12:21
Interesting....an application for a BIB Rye...Hmmmmmmm

Does this possibly mean that BT will do a "BOTTLED IN BOND" version of Sazerac Rye in the near future...

Must not one get a label first?....One must!

Curious Dog

Just think....a 100 proof rye....watch out Rittenhouse!

barturtle
01-16-2006, 12:31
I think that's a great idea!

Who's gonna start the petition? http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/Demonstration.gif

Virus_Of_Life
01-19-2006, 01:36
I really wish I could find this out here in SoCal, does anyone have any idea if we'll see it out here? I am pretty sure I already know the answer if there were only 1000 or so bottled... I did see a bottle on Ebay... for about 300!!! http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/smiley_acbt.gif

TNbourbon
01-19-2006, 16:10
There were 3,600 bottles, of which the first 1,000 were numbered and reserved/rewarded to BT employees and 'VIPS', according to Ken.
I picked up 2 more today, leaving around 10 on the shelf. The storeowner said he'd sold any to only one other customer. I assured him he needn't worry, since I'd have money again someday. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DrinkyBanjo
01-19-2006, 16:14
I've yet to see this in person, if I do I will buy!

Virus_Of_Life
01-19-2006, 17:16
There were 3,600 bottles, of which the first 1,000 were numbered and reserved/rewarded to BT employees and 'VIPS', according to Ken.
I picked up 2 more today, leaving around 10 on the shelf. The storeowner said he'd sold any to only one other customer. I assured him he needn't worry, since I'd have money again someday. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks for the info Tim, that gives me hope! And sometimes that's all ya got or all ya need... http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/coffeedrinker.gif

DrinkyBanjo
01-19-2006, 18:24
Well I can't wait any longer, I had to order online. Should be here next week.

CrispyCritter
01-19-2006, 20:33

I guess I'd better bunker some.

On another note, I just opened a bottle of WT rye. Verrrrrry nice, too! http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/drink.gif Regardless of what I think about the RR90 vs. 101 situation, WT's rye is a fine pour indeed - and it's 101.

Virus_Of_Life
01-19-2006, 23:16
Well I can't wait any longer, I had to order online. Should be here next week.

If you do not mind me asking, WHERE did you order online? I've checked a few onlines and had no luck...

Virus_Of_Life
01-19-2006, 23:18

So TN just how many of these do you have put away now? I'd love to see a picture of your stash, or bunker as it is, sometime. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

DrinkyBanjo
01-20-2006, 06:19
I don't mind at all, I ordered online from Binnys. They often have a lot more than what their website discloses. I believe they still have the full Antique Collection available as well minus the Sazerac 18.

Virus_Of_Life
01-20-2006, 08:22
I don't mind at all, I ordered online from Binnys. They often have a lot more than what their website discloses. I believe they still have the full Antique Collection available as well minus the Sazerac 18.

Thank you, I guess I will have to make a phone call then because I was looking for it, but didn't see it.

Joe_Blowe
01-22-2006, 16:21
I also just placed a phone order with Binny's for the Sazerac 6 y.o. You have to call, as it's not available "online" yet;)

FYI, it's Item No. 196996...

Edit: Attn: Virus -- If you're going to place an order with Binny's, you might as well get some Rittenhouse Bonded, AAA, and Buffalo Trace. None of these are available in Cali...

Virus_Of_Life
01-23-2006, 13:16
Edit: Attn: Virus -- If you're going to place an order with Binny's, you might as well get some Rittenhouse Bonded, AAA, and Buffalo Trace. None of these are available in Cali...

Thanks, I had been reading about AAA but could never find it, and yeah I need to try Ritt. also. Is that the Rye or is the bonded different from the rye?

I am actually trying to talk my best friend who owns a Bison (the extinct bufallo's nearest cousin) Ranch in Oregon to go the festival with me and see if we could get a barrell of BT specially bottled for his Ranch, yeah I know it would be spendy, but would be so very cool to have! Probably will not be this year though, maybe next...

Still adjusting to this new format...

jeff
02-02-2006, 15:49
Well, I finally got a bottle of this tonight. I picked up 2 of the only 6 bottles yet to arrive in Lexington at the Thoroughbred shop. Sal seemed to think he wouldn't be given any more. Anyway, I agree with Tim's review mostly. Lots of cinnamon and orange on the palate, but what Tim calls young leather, and I can see where he's comming from, to me tastes much more "earthy," like mushrooms in dirt. BTW, that's a complement:yum: I most enjoy the nose, with its fruity/floral bouqet. Another great offering from BT:toast:

Virus_Of_Life
02-17-2006, 03:22
I also just placed a phone order with Binny's for the Sazerac 6 y.o. You have to call, as it's not available "online" yet;)

FYI, it's Item No. 196996...

Well I am placing that order this weekend likely. That friend I spoke of and I are trying to sample all the different bottlings of BT we can find (i.e. Binny's Hand Picked selection, Sam's Hand picked as well as any others. Does anyone know of any others?) as well as regular everyday BT. All this to determine if it would be worth the time and money to go and pick out our own barrel to "use as a business promotion for the Bison Ranch" I think you can read between those lines right? Anyway yes I am ordering some AAA & Ritt. Rye as well as Corner Creek and a few others I can't find out here...

Rughi
02-17-2006, 07:24
Christian,
There are several retailers just north of you (well, not JUST north of you, but north nevertheless) with barrel programs in the Bay Area. Perhaps you could incorporate some bottle huntin' with an appearance at D-Day on the third saturday of the month (i.e tomorrow).

See this thread for some of those retailers:
http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=42853#post42853

Roger

pepcycle
02-17-2006, 09:38
I just got around to tasting this whiskey. Thanks to Jeff for his generosity, once again.
Wow, Do I get that musty/earthy taste up front. Think recently turned black mulch. Not bad, but defintely on the front of the palate. I find this contradictory to the the nose, which is sweet/floral. After I got used to the combination, its really great. Nice rye spice kick on the finish. Gets my gums tingling.

tlsmothers
02-25-2006, 19:47
I got in 18 six packs yesterday and we've been sharing the love all weekend. Been handing out Sazerac Cocktail recipes to customers like mad. We even lined up some "Save the Sazerac" tees just for fun. Someone please stop us! We've lost our minds!

I had a bartender email today warning that three Sazerac cocktails in a row is a bad thing. ha ha Be warned, my friends. This whiskey is so light and way too easy to drink. Much gentler than the 18. The 18 has such a rich, full-body with, of course, more wood flavor.

The bottle design wins my highest praise. Best lookin' bottle on the shelf!

Thanks for clarifying the hand-numbered bottle thing. I was wondering about that.

Virus_Of_Life
03-19-2006, 16:09
There is some saying about patience that I don't recall at the moment, and wouldn't buy into anyway because I am not a very patient person. And I consider that a good thing!

So I was very happy to finally see Sazerac Straight Rye on Hi Time's website last night and could hardly wait to get there today to pick some up. This is great stuff! I love it, only had about an ounce sampling just now, but first impressions are great! Very peppery and spicy, you can tell it's young but I think that is good in this case. And I think at $23.99 it's a bargain...

Only problem? Now I want to open the 18 year even more!

I ran into the distributor there, and he told me that all of California got, I believe he said, only 50 cases of this, and Hi Time got 20 of them. I was so excited I wasn't paying complete attention but regardless the number distributed to Ca. was small! He also told me he was offered 200 cases of Buffalo Trace, but said not to bother because it would do more harm than good. He said there is a fear that California will dry it up if they started sending it out here... Interesting.

elkdoggydog
04-04-2006, 13:03
I snagged a bottle of this from Ledger's in Berkeley today. He also had Pappy 20 and 23 in stock- one of each. I bought an ORVW 10/107, as the Pappy's are out of my price range. If you're in the Bay Area and want one, though, go to Ledger's. Ed also had a couple more of the Saz Jr's, and a PWFRR.

Jake_Parrott
04-04-2006, 14:25
Guys, I gotta say. This is one of the best straight whiskies I've ever had. The combination of rye-spice and a dry fruitiness without any untoward butter/honey, the firm balance and length, the supporting (not overpowering) wood, is really compelling for this taster (even more so than the 18 which can be all about luxury some times--good, but in a different way). In the frou-frou wine trade, we have a word for this kind of feeling--nervy. I dunno. That word just feels right.

elkdoggydog
04-04-2006, 15:18
Oh man. Now I really can't wait to try it.

elkdoggydog
04-07-2006, 16:44
So I just tried the Saz Jr, and I think it's probably the biggest disappointment of any whiskey I've ever tried. The dominant flavor for me is a grassy sort of note that I can best describe as spinach. I turned it into a manhattan, and the grassy note still comes screaming through. I'm not sure I can drink it. I'm going to let the bottle sit for a week and try it again, in hopes that the off flavor dissipates.

BourbonJoe
04-07-2006, 17:22
Hey Jeff,
Maybe DoggyDog can give you his bottle of Saz Spinach to go along with your asparagus EW 1783. Now if someone could only find the turnips.
Joe

elkdoggydog
04-07-2006, 17:52
That spinach flavor was potent. It would probably even override asparagus. Like I said, I'll give it another try in a few days.

-Sam

bluesbassdad
04-07-2006, 18:10
I know where to get cauliflower (http://www.straightbourbon.com/ubbthreads/showthread.php?p=10603#poststop) for this salad -- provided you don't mind a hint of boiled chicken livers.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

jeff
04-08-2006, 05:59
As soon as bourbon starts tasting like beets, I'm outa here! :puke:

Virus_Of_Life
04-13-2006, 23:30
I don't know if it's because Elk said it or what, but I do notice a slightly grassy, asparagus(y) flavor on the finish. To me it just seems like an immature spice, that I see more along the lines of an herb... But unlike elkdog, I like it!

TNbourbon
04-14-2006, 07:45
To me it just seems like an immature spice, that I see more along the lines of an herb...I like it!

See original post: "Hints of a summer garden, but herbs, not flowers."

MattB
05-11-2006, 07:52
I picked up two bottles of this at the NH packy last night (18.99 each--no tax). One pour into it and I like it pretty well. While I didn't get spinach or asparagus, I did get pronounced red-hot cinnamon candies, and a bit of a minty/herbal note. Not as smooth as some bourbons, but no pucker factor, either, and very tasty.

I understand that this bottling is limited. Anyone know if there will be more of it released in the year to come, or is this it for a while? There were three or four more bottles on the shelf . . .

Gillman
05-11-2006, 08:15
When I tasted it the predominant impression was that of fresh wood. I noticed the spices and pepper but they seemed somewhat restrained. Maybe I need to try it again, but set against so many fine products from BT it seemed somewhat lesser.

Gary

Rancastle
05-11-2006, 08:28
Pappy 15 & Saz Jr. being bottled today.

MikeK
05-11-2006, 09:38
I picked up two bottles of this at the NH packy last night (18.99 each--no tax). I understand that this bottling is limited. Anyone know if there will be more of it released in the year to come, or is this it for a while? There were three or four more bottles on the shelf . . .

My impression was that it would be limited for now. I actually snapped up the last couple bottles in NH a couple months back. I see that NH has a ton of it again, so the supply must not be too thin.

It's great stuff.

Mike

Virus_Of_Life
06-17-2006, 08:43
With this becoming, and I know I'll get ridiculed for saying this, one of my "10 favorite whiskeys" I really do hope they keep producing this stuff! I just love it for some reason and want to buy a case to put away, but until I find a place to live and a storage unit to store some stuff I can't buy any more whiskey! :rolleyes:

TimmyBoston
07-21-2006, 02:12
I just picked up my first bottle of Sazerac Jr today. I already own the 18 and it is one of my favorite whiskeys. I'm only on the first pour but I don't think the Jr will be making it to my favorites. Hopefully this will change.
First the nose, this is one of my favorite noses I've ever smelled. I can't even put it into words, but it makes me happy.
I also enjoy the palate and mouthfeel, and its been explained by others on this thread much better than my meager skills can articulate. Now to the aftertaste, I just don't like it, fortunately it is (as Tim stated earler) crisp and clean. But I'm detected a little too much cut glass and something remenescent of very minerally rich top soil. And one other flavor that is very familiar but I can't put my finger on it at the moment.
Well, anyway, I got this bottle for 13 bucks (not on sale) and for the price it is a good rye to have in one's collection.
I do have to admit though, the more I sip, the more I do like the Jr.

Nebraska
07-21-2006, 16:11
s-p-i-n-a-c-h

I've come to really enjoy Saz JR, especially when I feel I need to eat more green leafy vegetables.:lol:

Bamber
08-21-2006, 11:45
I just picked up my first bottle of Sazerac Jr today. I already own the 18 and it is one of my favorite whiskeys. I'm only on the first pour but I don't think the Jr will be making it to my favorites. Hopefully this will change.
First the nose, this is one of my favorite noses I've ever smelled. I can't even put it into words, but it makes me happy.
I also enjoy the palate and mouthfeel, and its been explained by others on this thread much better than my meager skills can articulate. Now to the aftertaste, I just don't like it, fortunately it is (as Tim stated earler) crisp and clean. But I'm detected a little too much cut glass and something remenescent of very minerally rich top soil. And one other flavor that is very familiar but I can't put my finger on it at the moment.
Well, anyway, I got this bottle for 13 bucks (not on sale) and for the price it is a good rye to have in one's collection.
I do have to admit though, the more I sip, the more I do like the Jr.

I've had an almost identical experience with this rye. On first tasting I thought - nice but a bit spoilt by the 'black pepper' and 'dirt' finish. Pikesville has that earthy / mineral quality also.

Bottle is half gone now and I'm enjoying it a lot more. However, as it's about the same price as VWFRR, I wont be buying another bottle in a hurry.

jeff
08-21-2006, 11:49
I've had an almost identical experience with this rye. On first tasting I thought - nice but a bit spoilt by the 'black pepper' and 'dirt' finish. Pikesville has that earthy / mineral quality also.

Bottle is half gone now and I'm enjoying it a lot more. However, as it's about the same price as VWFRR, I wont be buying another bottle in a hurry.

I don't know about elsewhere, but VWFRR just hit the shelves again in Lexington for about $44. That's almost $20 higher than it was last time.

contrarian
08-21-2006, 12:25
I don't know about elsewhere, but VWFRR just hit the shelves again in Lexington for about $44. That's almost $20 higher than it was last time.

Yikes!! I just asked my local folks to order some for me, but if it's $44 there, it's gonna be $64 here. :bigeyes:

bluesbassdad
08-21-2006, 12:42
In that event perhaps you will find comfort in the lyrics (http://www.lyrics007.com/Don%20McLean%20Lyrics/The%20More%20You%20Pay%20(The%20More%20It's%20Wort h)%20Lyrics.html) of Don McLean's song, "The More You Pay, The More It's Worth."

Seriously, for a while VWFRR was at the top of my list of favorites. I've all but stopped drinking it (I can't recall the last time) because my stash is almost gone. I guess what I'm saying is this, from my prespective if Booker's and Blanton's are worth around $50, then maybe VWFRR is worth $44 or even $64.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Joeluka
08-21-2006, 13:11
Are you all telling me that on Long Island where I pay $10-30 more a bottle compared to the rest of you, I got a break finally. I recently paid $32 for VWFRR here on LI.:bigeyes:

jeff
08-21-2006, 13:17
Could be old stock that hasn't turned over in a while. It showed up here late last week. The shelves had been empty for a while.

Joeluka
08-21-2006, 14:16
Could be old stock that hasn't turned over in a while. It showed up here late last week. The shelves had been empty for a while.

No this was about 3 weeks ago and I'm in this store all the time. They had just recieved a shipment. I was hoping the BTEC would be in that shipment. No Luck on the BETC but I did score the VWFRR and some Pappy 15.

jeff
08-21-2006, 14:49
No this was about 3 weeks ago and I'm in this store all the time. They had just recieved a shipment. I was hoping the BTEC would be in that shipment. No Luck on the BETC but I did score the VWFRR and some Pappy 15.

So did the price go up any?

Joeluka
08-21-2006, 17:37
Nope, $32 for the VWFRR.

contrarian
08-21-2006, 17:43
Well, Binny's had a couple of VW rye at $39.99 so I ordered those and, with the money I "saved", I bought eight other bottles of whiskey....

Jeff

Bamber
08-22-2006, 10:06
Well the VWFRR is 34 (around $60) here and the Sazerac is 30 (around $52.50).