PDA

View Full Version : Very Very Old Fitzgerald

cowdery
03-11-2000, 15:48
I got an e-mail from a guy who has a chance to buy a case of 12-year-old Fitzgerald at $30 a bottle. He asked me if that was a good price. I said it was a fair price, but not a bargain. Anybody disagree?

- chuck

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2000, 18:23
I paid about $ 32 to $ 33 for my bottle. In my humble opinion, $ 30 is not much of a quantity discount.

Mark A. Mason, El Dorado, Arkansas

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2000, 19:14
Single bottle price in this area is $30.99, so I agree with your call.

Ed

Ed

TNbourbon
05-29-2006, 20:43
I got an e-mail from a guy who has a chance to buy a case of 12-year-old Fitzgerald at $30 a bottle. He asked me if that was a good price. I said it was a fair price, but not a bargain. Anybody disagree?

- chuck

Uh, well, I'll take four -- DOZEN!:lol:

Virus_Of_Life
05-30-2006, 09:37
Surely this was regarding VSOF 12 year and not the actual very very old fitz, right?

TNbourbon
05-30-2006, 10:05
Christian, it was the VVOF -- but six years ago! I guess I could say ONLY six years ago.
Anyway, to avoid confusion, from here on out I'll just provide a link to those old posts if I find something I think might still be of interest as I tour the 'archive'.

Hedmans Brorsa
05-30-2006, 12:29
Ah, you are the "culprit"!

For a short while I thought that I had travelled back in time. :grin:

When I entered the General section, it all seemed so weird.

Virus_Of_Life
05-30-2006, 12:32
Christian, it was the VVOF -- but six years ago! I guess I could say ONLY six years ago.
Anyway, to avoid confusion, from here on out I'll just provide a link to those old posts if I find something I think might still be of interest as I tour the 'archive'.

Sorry Tim, I was under the impression that the VVOF was long gone even 6 years ago, and a bit more than $30 when it was around, guess I need to improve on my homework. I am sure I can find the info somewhere on here when it was last bottled.

That means there could in fact still be some lingering on a dusty shelf somewhere? Boy wouldn't that be like finding the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow!

Actually I appreciate you reviving some of these old threads that I had yet to stumble upon. Just IMO.

bluesbassdad
05-30-2006, 12:48
Actually I appreciate you reviving some of these old threads that I had yet to stumble upon. Just IMO.

Same here, although sometimes I too fail to notice the dates of the earlier messages in a thread. Some members will lead with something like "Bump!" to alert the reader that it's an old thread being revived.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

cowdery
05-30-2006, 19:21
Looking back at that revived thread, I was a little surprised by my statement, but I must have felt it was true in 2000. I can tell you that when VVOF was in general distribution it was "premium" priced, but not outrageous, maybe comparable to something like Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek today.

I will say that, in 2000, while there wasn't much VVOF around, there was a lot of SW whiskey around at various ages.

Virus_Of_Life
05-30-2006, 19:28
Judging by the bottle of VOF that just went for $410 on Ebay, I think we'd all like a time machine to go back and load up on the VVOF. Imagine what a bottle of that would go for! :smiley_acbt:

I'd be curious to know if the person that bought it is a member of this board.