PDA

View Full Version : Open bottles

mrt
02-20-2006, 15:07
Is there any problem when I have a few open bottles at a time and keep them for a long time? I'm a slow-drinker :)
Of course, I keep the "caps" closed...

brian12069
02-20-2006, 15:48
Is there any problem when I have a few open bottles at a time and keep them for a long time? I'm a slow-drinker :)

Yes, there is a problem. You need to DRINK THEM!!!

Grant
02-20-2006, 17:55

What's a long time - months, years, or decades?

Where do you store them?

SBOmarc
02-20-2006, 18:00
Drink them all.

TNbourbon
02-20-2006, 21:26
Seriously, it will take a very long time for your open bottles to oxidize. In fact, some bottlings seem to benefit from a breath of fresh air, and become more flavorful as they recede toward the bottle's bottom.
If it's not cloudy, it's still good to drink.

Virus_Of_Life
02-20-2006, 22:34
Seriously, it will take a very long time for your open bottles to oxidize. In fact, some bottlings seem to benefit from a breath of fresh air, and become more flavorful as they recede toward the bottle's bottom.
If it's not cloudy, it's still good to drink.

Good point Tim!

I know the last bottle of Kentucky Spirit I had seemed much better when I got to the botom of it....... 4 days later! :slappin:

BourbonJoe
02-21-2006, 03:33
I just finished off a bottle of 100 month old Beam I purchased in 1976. It was very good whiskey. About 4 ounces remained in that bottle for over 15 years. No problem.
Joe :usflag:

Hedmans Brorsa
02-21-2006, 04:24
For me it is normally the nose who suffers but, at least in my case, there is no protection against this since these deteroriations sometimes can be noticed already after a month a two.

Itīs frustrating, all the same, since you clearly remember that delighful scent now almost gone.

mrt
02-21-2006, 14:16
I just finished off a bottle of 100 month old Beam I purchased in 1976. It was very good whiskey. About 4 ounces remained in that bottle for over 15 years. No problem.
Joe :usflag:

Ok, I'm completely relaxed now :) I'm talking about just a few months at max.
That's good. By the way, I feel no difference of nose or smell within a few weeks. Maybe sth. wrong bwith my nose?! Anyway, that's good for me :)