PDA

View Full Version : What bourbon are you drinking now? Summer '06 edition

Pages : [1] 2

jeff
07-11-2006, 15:26
Let us know what you've chose to enjoy while you're reading this forum. :toast:

robbyvirus
07-11-2006, 20:11
Old Pogue. Bought this awhile ago and didn't like it much on the first try...I mean, I thought it was OK, but not worth the price. Now it's a few months later and I don't know what I was thinking...tastes pretty damn good to me now. In fact, I think I'll have another!

cowdery
07-11-2006, 20:23
Four Roses Single Barrel. It never disappoints.

It's worth a trip to Kentucky to buy some.

gothbat
07-11-2006, 21:44
Just finished off a little FC103 and now itís a smoke and then off to bed.

TimmyBoston
07-12-2006, 01:36
WT RR 101 and now WT Rare Breed. I think I prefer the RR. IMO it has more balance the RB could use a little more age. I wish I could get another bottle of the RR 101. I'll just have to savor the bottle I have.

leigh_munro
07-12-2006, 03:30
Tonight was a EWSB 94 edition and now a nice big pour of Gentleman Jack.

JStocker
07-12-2006, 09:39
Last year, when my company 'rightsized' me out of a great job, I found good bourbon to be a luxury I could no longer afford. I was fortunate enough to find a great job, but for less money. However, I bought a bottle of Bookers with the idea I would not open it until I was back in the black, so to speak, vocationally.

Today, I am accepting a psostion with a great company and getting ready for a night of sipping what I have been craving for almost a year.

For those who have experienced it, please tease me with what it will be like to finally savor it!

Thanks!

John

scopenut
07-12-2006, 11:36
Classic Cask 20 yr which I found for $50 (is that a good price?).

It's very good, but not sure I enjoy it more than say PVW 15.

Kevin

jburlowski
07-12-2006, 14:53
Last year, when my company 'rightsized' me out of a great job, I found good bourbon to be a luxury I could no longer afford. I was fortunate enough to find a great job, but for less money. However, I bought a bottle of Bookers with the idea I would not open it until I was back in the black, so to speak, vocationally.

Today, I am accepting a psostion with a great company and getting ready for a night of sipping what I have been craving for almost a year.

For those who have experienced it, please tease me with what it will be like to finally savor it!

Thanks!

John

I find that circumstances (a special event, being with good friends, etc.) have a lot to do with the taste and enjoyment of bourbon. So, not only is Bookers a very good pour, I'm sure you will enjoy celebrating your new job.
Congratulations!

ratcheer
07-12-2006, 15:27
A large pour of J. W. Dant BIB on the rocks. I can definitely taste the family resemblance to Elijah Craig. Mmmmmm.

Tim

RedVette
07-12-2006, 17:24
ORVW 15 107. Thanks Dan.

tgriff
07-12-2006, 17:55
Just back from walking the dog and toping the evening off with a pour of Eagle Rare 101, 10 yr

Wade
07-12-2006, 20:43
OGD 114. I'm tryin' to match the proof up with our daytime temperatures :hot:. It's only 104 now so I can hit the WT 101 soon :grin:

Wade

Wade
07-12-2006, 21:56
Well, the OGD 114 ended up in my lap :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:. Good thing I have a chair mat or else I'd be scrubbin' the carpet instead of drinkin' another. This time it's WT Rare Breed. Didn't feel like opening the 101 just yet.

As much as I like the Rare Breed I'm going to have to give the edge to the OGD tonight. For some reason that one just hit the spot (and desk, lap and floor), tonight. Should have drank another one but felt like hitting up the WT for some reason.

Wade

TimmyBoston
07-13-2006, 02:45
AH Hirsch 16 a true classic, then BMH 16, that bourbon is the most hit and miss that I have. Sometimes the Black Maple Hill tastes up there with the best I've tasted, absolutely fantastic and sometimes I just don't go for it, all from the same bottle. So after the BMH didn't go so well. I went to EW 1783, I can't believe it, 10 dollars and its rapidly becoming one of my favorites.

Virginia Gentleman
07-13-2006, 14:26
The original 101 proof WT Russell's Reserve. I like this so much I went out and bought the last 17 bottles I could find.

jeff
07-13-2006, 15:46
I'm enjoying an Old forester 100 proof over a couple ice cubes. You know, if I had to pick the quintessential bourbon, this would be it. Not necessarily the most refined pour available, but if I had to describe to someone what bourbon tastes like, I would say it tastes like Old Forester. :yum:

TimmyBoston
07-14-2006, 01:15
Pappy Van Winkle 15 and WT Russell's 101. They make me feel so civilized.

Jeff, I may have to go out there and pick up some Old Forrester 100 to try. And about your Avatar, which is hilarious, I just hope that not bourbon the little guy's pouring on himself. :grin:

DrinkyBanjo
07-14-2006, 04:50
Last night was my dusty bottle find of Benchmark, my not so dusty bottle of Old Overholt, and my kinda dusty bottle find of Jamesons Gold.

Benchmark was a very pleasant surprise. Very nice sweet nose and a very enjoyable, yet not complex, pour. I really enjoyed it, I'd say it's a perfect Summertime Bourbon.

Next was the Old Overholt. The nose on this at first sniff was terrible as was the taste. Didn't get this one at all. However, the more I sampled the better it became but it never became great or even really pleasant. I will let this sit and revisit at a later date.

Finally the Jamesons Gold. This was nice but I do not enjoy the ole drop of Irish like I used to. However this one was fairly complex with little flavors coming in and out between samples. I think I will enjoy this bottle.

Ambernecter
07-14-2006, 10:19
Tonight it's WT 101 straight up in a big fat tumbler - it's a big pour and really hitting the spot.

Cheers all!

hollywood
07-14-2006, 10:32
Nothing now!!!!!.....I'm at work!....Ohhhhhh, but wait till I get home!
Let's see.....cigar/check, marinating steak/check, bourbon bunker/check! One or two things to "check" off, and I'll be ready!

Frodo
07-14-2006, 17:12
This summer, I've been going to work on a bottle of Bookers as I got it on sale @ $56 cdn for a bottle - got two actually. Towards the end of the first bottle, I'm finding it harder and harder to drink, and have to water it down more than usual. It's good bourbon no question, but somtimes I want something a bit more honeyed. Have to look up BT products, perhaps one of the few ETL bottles left at the LCBO stores...

Frodo
07-14-2006, 17:14

Thanks!

John

Cheers to that John! Congrats!! A very good occasion to sip!!!

As to what it's like, I've found the dominant taste is orange rind with some tannins in the background. Altogether very oaky!

smokinjoe
07-14-2006, 18:48
It's hot. It's muggy. It's Summer in the South. It's Weller 12....With ice.

JOE

bluesbassdad
07-14-2006, 18:58
Ten High, neat, with a bottle of Bud as a chaser/finisher.

This is a bourbon I might never have tried, had Chuck not mentioned it somewhat favorably. I don't know that I'll ever buy another bottle, but I might. It's definitely more to my liking than Jim Beam white label.

So far the best part of the experience happened during the first few seconds after I opened the bottle (a surprisingly compact, 750 ml plastic, travel bottle). The usual array of bourbon aromas -- vanilla, caramel, oak & corn -- burst out. However, they dissapated quickly. Now a deep nosing combined with vigorous inhalation barely brings up traces of those aromas. There's nothing bad here, it's just weak. But then what should one expect for under $8?

On the palate the flavor of banana is very evident. I don't get anything else.

The banana carries through slightly to the finish, which also has a slightly bitter, or perhaps "dry", edge to it.

My interest in trying other Barton products has been piqued.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

gothbat
07-14-2006, 20:53
Just poured a snifter of Wild Turkey: Rare Breed.

TimmyBoston
07-15-2006, 01:05
A wonderful night, a Cuban Romeo y Julieta and a snifter of Tribute. It was indescribable.

Virus_Of_Life
07-15-2006, 01:30
Have not replied to this in quite a while....

Tonite was a healthy pour of Eagle Rare 17 on ice, don't ask why, I guess just because it has been hot here lately that I felt like having something on ice. It was quite enjoyable that way actually! I followed that up with some Bakers on the remaining ice (I drink fast) and it was was very good also.

After that I felt the need for "just a little bit more" so I had a swig of the bakers right from the bottle. What can I say I just moved into a new place and have no glasses or anything situated very well yet!!

I have to say I enjoy Bakers immensely.

DrinkyBanjo
07-15-2006, 04:51
Last night was wheat night here, Weller 107, ORWV 10 107, and PVW 15. Great night.

smokinjoe
07-15-2006, 17:03
After reading Christian's post last night, I decided to go with a 2004 Eagle Rare 17 tonight. It's been a while since I visited this one, and I have forgotten how very good it is. Thanks, Christian. Any more good suggestions are welcome.

JOE

ratcheer
07-15-2006, 18:15
Tonight, it is a Wild Turkey 101 Manhattan cocktail with heavy Angostura bitters (8-10 drops). Delicious. I am glad that bottle of Bulleit is finally gone.

Tim

scopenut
07-15-2006, 19:49
Tonight it's WT Kentucky Spirit neat. The more I sample this one, the more I appreciate it. Quite a bargain IMO.

Kevin

T47
07-15-2006, 20:44
Tonight I am finishing off a bottle of VWFRR. Excellent flavor, very much have enjoyed this bottle.
Tomorrow I have my work buddies coming over for a BBQ and a little Bourbon tasting. I do not have an extensive bunker, and am curious as to what they will want to try. I am thinking maybe of working through Charles Cowdreys Age vs. Youth suggestion from his book. I can do it with the HH selection. Henry McKenna, Evan Williams, Elijah Craig 12 and finish with Elijah Craig 18...that might be interesting and I have the bottles for that one. Or maybe just relax and let them open a few that look good.
Hope your all having a great weekend.
:toast:

gothbat
07-15-2006, 20:55
A snifter of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. The bottle is almost empty now and it's definitely on my list of things to buy again.

Virus_Of_Life
07-16-2006, 00:26
In light of my girlfriend moving to Minnesota I have opted for whatever might make me feel better. So tonite I finished off the bottle of WT Tribute, yeah I know that sounds crazy...

Now I am working on a 32oz. Miller High Life light while I put clothes away. I need to learn my new roommates schedule cuz I feel pretty awkward when I am up pounding bourbon and beer and doing laundry when he and his girl come in and flop on the couch at 12am..... Dude, it's early what's the deal!?!?!?!?

jburlowski
07-16-2006, 10:15
This weekend my goal is to finish off a bottle of GTS Spring 2005.

Virus_Of_Life
07-16-2006, 13:43
This weekend my goal is to finish off a bottle of GTS Spring 2005.

Careful John, if not done in the proper moderation that can be a painful task, I know from experience!

tgriff
07-16-2006, 16:56
having a pour of Old Weller 107...picked up the bottle yesterday for $20. it is very good so far.

Sijan
07-16-2006, 22:31
last night it was Maker's & Coke at Showbar: Palace of Wonders, a new sideshow-themed bar in NE DC, as I watched a sword-swallowing performance. Check it out: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/06/AR2006070601695.html

tonight it is a nightcap of WT Rare Breed as I study ConLaw & Torts

NorCalBoozer
07-17-2006, 09:31
After reading Christian's post last night, I decided to go with a 2004 Eagle Rare 17 tonight. It's been a while since I visited this one, and I have forgotten how very good it is. Thanks, Christian. Any more good suggestions are welcome.

JOE

I have an '04 ER 17 open as well. Quite nice.

TNbourbon
07-17-2006, 12:19
I have an '04 ER 17 open as well. Quite nice.

I, too, love the 2004 ER17, but with every bottle I see opened, it makes me that much more reluctant to pop any of the half-dozen or so I have left :skep: -- there were only 1,050 of them in the first place! Whether as a collectible or comestible, this one ain't gonna be replaceable.

Virus_Of_Life
07-17-2006, 12:28
I, too, love the 2004 ER17, but with every bottle I see opened, it makes me that much more reluctant to pop any of the half-dozen or so I have left :skep: -- there were only 1,050 of them in the first place! Whether as a collectible or comestible, this one ain't gonna be replaceable.

I thought they had up'd the production of those after 2000, or was that not until this recent 2005 release?

Either way you are making me think twice about letting go of the extra I have from 2003!

Randy_Ricchi
07-17-2006, 19:07
I'm having a Buffalo Trace right now, to be followed by a Weller's Old Antique 107. Mmmmmm,,,,,,,bourbon,,,,,,,grgggllllle..........

TNbourbon
07-17-2006, 20:36
I thought they had up'd the production of those after 2000, or was that not until this recent 2005 release?

Either way you are making me think twice about letting go of the extra I have from 2003!

I'm speaking specifically of the 2004 issue -- there were 1,050 bottles produced. It's in a thread here somewhere, or you can extrapolate it from the info sheet that comes in a 3-pack. BT found very few suitable ER17 barrels in 2004.

CrispyCritter
07-17-2006, 20:40
I'm having a nip of OGD 114, after a couple of earlier Manhattans. As usual, OGD 114 has its incredible spicy-sweet taste...

FlashPuppy
07-17-2006, 21:01
well, tonight a double pour of WTKS is finding itself to suit the mood. i am trying it with a sigle ice cube tonight, just to mix it up a little. undecided on the ice cube. will have one more, neat, to make up my mind.

Virus_Of_Life
07-17-2006, 22:09
I'm speaking specifically of the 2004 issue -- there were 1,050 bottles produced. It's in a thread here somewhere, or you can extrapolate it from the info sheet that comes in a 3-pack. BT found very few suitable ER17 barrels in 2004.

You know Tim, every time I ask for that piece of paper whenever I have purchased any of the AC bottlings I am told they just "throw it out with the box..." Very frustrating it is as I'd really like to read what is on there sometime! I was even going to purchase 3 bottles of Stagg from BevMo and asked specifically could I please get the box and paper that these came with so I can put them away? Nope sorry threw it out.......

I searched (and I am not good with the search function) and could not find the numbers so I am not going to worry about it. All I know is I got the 2000/2003 Saz & ER and will probably never see any of the others except for the 05 which can still be found - as well as future releases that is.

Anyway tonite a little Lot B, and then I am going to try get to bed early as I think I have slept no more than 5 hours each night since moving into this new place. :stickpoke:

Oops had a little Pappy 20 as well.

TimmyBoston
07-17-2006, 23:55
Last night was a tequila night, Cielo Anejo and Corazon Anejo, both very good. Tonight its Weller 12, thanks go out to TomH. Its the first time I've had it and I love it. I will definately have to get another bottle. I highly recommend it to any fan of the wheaters.

NorCalBoozer
07-18-2006, 11:43

I was lucky enough to be able to bunker a few of them. just picked them up months ago not realizing that there were so low in production numbers.

I'm pretty much going to pick up any Antique Collection pre 2005, because they are hard to find and I like drinkin' em! Greg

So Tim, I figure you might have the answer to this, what is the lowest production # of any year Antique Bottling?

Greg

TNbourbon
07-18-2006, 13:44
...what is the lowest production # of any year Antique Bottling?..

1,050, I think.

smokinjoe
07-18-2006, 21:11
Saw a bottle of Corner Creek today at $14.00, so I picked it up. Trying it tonight and it's not a bad pour at all.

JOE

TimmyBoston
07-19-2006, 00:16
Spend most of tonight at a bar trying various assorted microbrews and then I introduced a red wine enthusiast friend of mine to bourbon. I started him of with a George T. Stagg, Spring Lot B, which is the love it or hate it of bourbon, IMO, and he loved it. He can't wait to hit the liquor stores with me to pick up a bottle. I'm so glad to have another convert.

At home I made a brown zinfandel with EW 1783 and I haven't decided on my last pour of the night.

nor02lei
07-19-2006, 01:09
George T. Stagg, Spring Lot B, which is the love it or hate it of bourbon,

Tim,

Thatís exactly what I think it is as well. Personally I love it.

Leif

Old Bill
07-19-2006, 06:34
Kind of new to all of this; my standby is Beam white label. IT's basic and it works for me. I do also enjoy Old Overholt for a rye. Haven't done much carousing around in the high end stuff yet as I am trying to build up a basic-across-the board representation of various whiskies.

TimmyBoston
07-20-2006, 01:03
Started off with a pour of Weller 12 and now it's Lot B. I'm surpised to say it, but I might like the Weller 12 better.

kbuzbee
07-20-2006, 04:59
Last night was Maker's stuck back in a barrel for, what? about 6 months now? Night before was my first EWSB '96

The '96 was very good. Well rounded, sweet and smooth. About what I'd expected... no, maybe just a touch better.

The Maker's has taken on some wonderful barrel notes and is really gaining in complexity..... This one may be done sooner than I'd expected... We'll see.

Ken

TimmyBoston
07-21-2006, 01:15
Started off tonight with a couple of short pours of Old Forrester 100, a new bottle and I really like it. I followed that up with some Bulleit to see how it compared. The Forrester blew the Bulleit out of the water. After that it was Rare Breed. Now I'm having a shot of Stagg that I've been on for over an hour. Can't rush the Stagg.

kbuzbee
07-21-2006, 05:11
Can't rush the Stagg.

You are right about that! Stagg definately has it's own pace... Do not pour one if you have somewhere else to be. And there's nothing quite like it. Had to crack another bottle open just the other day... Spent over an hour with it. Hmmm....

Ken

DrinkyBanjo
07-21-2006, 05:11
Last night was Rye night. Saz Jr. followed up by VWFRR. Saz Jr. was pleasant enough, I'm still not 100% into it yet. VWFRR was better, much more mature and complex. Very enjoyable pour.

hollywood
07-21-2006, 10:57
Stagg, like a lot of things we enjoy, shouldn't be rushed!....Slightly of the subject,....In all seriousness, their is just something so alluring about The Stagg's color to me!

Ambernecter
07-21-2006, 14:27
Can't rush the Stagg.

That quote would make an awesome poster/t shirt! It's been waaaayy too long since I had some GTS.

Tonight it's Bulleit (cheap and cheerful over here) followed by a generous pour of Lot B - the latter is simply sublime!

TimmyBoston
07-22-2006, 00:59
Tonight I poured some Weller 12. Sometimes my palate is very tempromental and my bourbon tastes very astringent. I know its me, not the bourbon. So then I poured some Corazon Anejo. It's been good to me.

DrinkyBanjo
07-22-2006, 04:30
Last night was Weller 12 (maybe my favorite Bourbon?), ETL (went down super smooth!), and then Eagle Rare 101.

TimmyBoston
07-23-2006, 02:30
Tonight, lots of Sam Adams Light and a decent Bogle Cabernet. Not enough room for bourbon, unfortunately.

CrispyCritter
07-23-2006, 19:13
Tonight, one pour of VG90 and one more of OGD 114. I need to lay off the Manhattans for a while - it's too easy to drink too much...

Sijan
07-23-2006, 20:51
Well, just finished off a bottle of port that I basically went through during this final hell week of bar studies (so I could get to sleep, not to help with the studies.) I'm having some WT Kentucky Spirit right now, and am taking a small 250ml bottle of Old Fitz BIB down to Roanoke with me for good luck (and help with sleep.) I am not ready for the bar exam, but I figure no one ever really is. At least it will be over soon and I'll be on vacation. See you soon, Randy!

gothbat
07-23-2006, 21:11
Finishing a bottle of Old Weller Antique. Definately enjoyed this one and will probably pick it up again.

jburlowski
07-24-2006, 13:09
This weekend it was WT RB... love those WT products.

Sijan
07-25-2006, 20:18
Old Fitz BIB from S-W. What better way to prepare for the multistate portion of the bar exam tomorrow?

TimmyBoston
07-26-2006, 02:46
Last night was a very good night. A good buddy of mine came into town from Orange County and I decided to break out some good bottles.

Started off with a nice cigar and a glass of ORVW 15, I'd been saving it for a special occasion and that was good enough. It was very good, but I don't know if I'd rank it above the Pappy 15, but that comparison stands only when paired with a cigar. Next it Tribute, now that's a great cigar bourbon and then a shot of Lagavulin 16, the good one from the White Horse Distillery and then we opened up some ORVW 10 107 and then it was to Sazerac Rye 18 and then I drank a lot of Bulleit on the rocks after that many I didn't even mind the Bulleit. It was a great night just sitting outside enjoying the evening cool with some great bourbon.

Dan -- Good luck on the bar exam.

ratcheer
07-26-2006, 17:54
Right now, I am having what I have been having often, lately. A WT101 Manhattan cocktail. God, I love these things!

Tim

SSBourbon1
07-26-2006, 20:32
Ancient Ancient Age...what a great daily pour after a long day!

SSBourbon1
07-26-2006, 20:33
Ancient Ancient Age...what a great pour after a long hot day.

FlashPuppy
07-26-2006, 21:19
Van Winkle Family Reserve, Lot B. My first pour of this stuff. I must say, I am quite impressed, great flavor. Gonna pour myself another as a matter-of-fact.

Sijan
07-26-2006, 22:51
Lot B to celebrate being done with the bar exam! Shared it with a few friends, one of whom had also endured the unique form of torture designed by the Virginia Board of Bar Examiners, and rarely has bourbon tasted so much like...relaxation and relief! Also told them a bit about Van Winkle and the Stitzel-Weller Distillery after they started asking about the bourbon. May have converted a scotch drinker...

Edward_call_me_Ed
07-27-2006, 05:17
I haven't had Elijah Craig in a long while I bought a bottle today. I am really enjoying this pour.
Ed

Nebraska
07-27-2006, 15:52
I've taken a liking to the Leinenkugel's summer wheat lately, nice summer beer. Unfortunately that is not what I'm drinking right now, I thought I was reaching for that and some how ended up with St Pauli Girl :banghead:

My brain is slowing melting away...

FlashPuppy
07-27-2006, 16:01
some how ended up with St Pauli Girl

heh heh... my girlfriend looks EXACTLY like the St Pauli Girl, that was her last years halloween costume. funny.

Nebraska
07-27-2006, 16:09
There could be worse things...:lol:

SBOmarc
07-27-2006, 16:50
Continuing to enjoy Lot B and WT KS in short pours. The Manhattan idea is looking better and better however. Need to get some better sweet vermouth and check my ever present non ending bottle of bitters.

hollywood
07-27-2006, 17:29
...1792 Ridgemont Reserve...Neat..This one opened nicely by the time I was through..I like the Butterscotch and/or toffee notes that I got. I know their has been some mixed reviews on this one, but I like it particularly, and the price seems fair enough.

ratcheer
07-27-2006, 19:13
Well, I'm a week late, but right now I'm celebrating my birthday with a rather large pour of Rock Hill Farms. This is currently my special occasions whiskey and it is filling the bill very nicely.

Tim

camduncan
07-28-2006, 02:06
I intended to grab a pour of Noah's Mill or Evan Williams SB 95
Somehow I've ended up with a pour of Blantons Original and it's "lip-smacking good" :D

Ambernecter
07-28-2006, 03:10
Well, I'm a week late, but right now I'm celebrating my birthday with a rather large pour of Rock Hill Farms. This is currently my special occasions whiskey and it is filling the bill very nicely.

Tim
Many happy returns Tim!

I am fresh out of RHF but raised an ER 10YO to your good health. Off to London later today so another RHF is on the cards pretty soon.

DrinkyBanjo
07-28-2006, 05:03
Last night was Heaven Hill 10 YO 86 Proof and AAA 10 YO. Neither seemed to get me too excited last night. Oh well.

DrinkyBanjo
07-28-2006, 17:48
Tonight is a much different story than last night. ETL and now Weller 12 from Binnys. Both have relieved this weeks stress with much success. I now have a bottle of RHF that I received for my first Father's Day winking at me.

I think I know what to do.

CrispyCritter
07-28-2006, 18:04
After polishing off my first martini (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65920#post65920), I've switched back to Manhattans - first one with OGD BIB, now one with Rittenhouse BIB.

Overall, I'd say that I prefer Manhattans - but a martini is a very nice diversion just the same.

DrinkyBanjo
07-28-2006, 18:12
Me? I'm a Manhattan man who tolerates the odd Martini. I like my gin with some tonic and a lime!

ratcheer
07-28-2006, 18:24
Now y'all have me wanting my annual martini. But, I'm pretty sure there's no gin left in the house.

Wait, there may be a small bottle of Bombay Sapphire in the back. Yes! I have to go mix one up.

I need to put gin on the shopping list, too. More Sapphire or Beefeater's?

Tim

DrinkyBanjo
07-28-2006, 18:38
Much like whiskey I started drinking gin with the good stuff and never messed with the lower end. I once ordered a g&t and it was awful but I couldn't figure out what was wrong. The bartender couldn't figure it out either as it was Beefeater's.

I figured it out pretty quick.

BTW, RHFs if going down extremely well. Why are we discussing gin?

gothbat
07-28-2006, 20:48
Finally signed off on a big project at work today so I'm rewarding myself with a nice snifter of George T. Stagg. It's like Jim Murray says, once your eyes stop watering, your in eden!

elkdoggydog
07-28-2006, 21:01
Had a white russian a while ago, which was mandatory, for I was watching The Big Lebowski. Now, I've got some EWSB 1996 in front of me. Being only 25, EWSB was the first bourbon I bought legally, and I've tried it every year since then. This will be my first taste of the 1996.

T47
07-29-2006, 00:52
After a long, long day at work...a nice pour of VWFRR to take the edge off prior to hitting the sack. Great flavor ...just the right amount of spice...and now the world almost seems civilized again.

bluesbassdad
07-29-2006, 02:59
Tonight I've been getting reacquainted with Evan Williams. I almost wrote "7 Year Old" out of habit, but the bottle I bought today lacks an age statement.

It's been so long since I've tasted the earlier version that I hardly recall what it was like. I wish I'd kept a reference sample, but how was I to know they'd change it?

I chuckled recently at a description used by a well-known author on bourbon -- "cotton candy and a Winston", IIRC. That phrase came to mind at the first sip. The hint of grassiness in the taste also recalled some version of EWSB I've had in the past, but I have no idea which one. However, that impression was fleeting. I don't get a lot of flavor here, but what there is isn't bad.

I'm not sure whether my current pour is my third or fourth of the evening. I find that 80 proof bourbon can be deceptively smooth.

The next time I pour from this bottle, I think I'll add a dash of Elijah Craig 18 y/o. My current bottle of that one seems a little too smoky for my taste, but I'll bet it will enhance the rather bland EW.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Gillman
07-29-2006, 05:38
That is a good idea for blending. I'd use about 1:9 EW black label to the EC 18. If the EW needs more EC 18, add a bit more. I had EW black label recently and the younger whiskey (younger than 7 years, I was inferring) showed through. I like the taste of whiskey where the distillery flavours aren't effaced by barrel tones (this is the cotton candy fruitiness referred to). Good younger whiskey can often be shown to better advantage with a leavening of older whiskey. In Canada we used to have a brand of Canadian whisky called 8 and 18 which was a blending by the house of 8 and 18 year old whisky. What Dave proposes is exactly what they did, except with bourbon. If you have a heel tap of EC 18 (say an ounce or two) just up-end your EW black label into the EC 18 bottle. Fastidiousness with proportions, while doing no harm, is rarely a "sine qua non" of a good bourbon whiskey vatting.

Gary

ratcheer
07-29-2006, 06:17
BTW, RHFs if going down extremely well. Why are we discussing gin?
Sorry. They were talking about martinis and led me astray. :rolleyes:

Tim

nor02lei
07-29-2006, 10:17
Had a white russian a while ago, which was mandatory, for I was watching The Big Lebowski.

Sam,

Some movie that! Havenít tried white Russian seeing it though, but it certainly make you peckish to do so.

Leif

gothbat
07-29-2006, 20:53
Iím having my first ever pour of Elmer T Lee. Definitely one of the sweeter tasting bourbons Iíve tried. Iím now sorry I have been putting off trying this one for a while. Although the practice of mixing does make sense to me I also really like the idea of single barrel bourbon.

barturtle
07-29-2006, 22:11
So, I just rolled home to the Bluegrass State (a long sweaty drive in a truck with no A/C). I realized somewhere in Mississippi that I had forgotten to grab any of my open bottles from LA and just figured I'd use that as a good excuse to open some bottles. Upon surveying the shelves to see if I had anything open, I noticed a bottle of OC 13yr open, then notice a bottle of ER 101 sitting on the table. Thinking to myself "not bad choices" I get ready to go grab a glass, when what do I notice sitting on the floor next to the desk? Not one, not two, but three open bottles-this leads me to believe that the last time I was here was a chat night. I feel like I just hit the motherload-Saz 05, OC BIB and Dickel SBR. Suddenly I have a real decision to make, surveying the contents, I notice that the Dickel has just one healthy pour left in it, so pour it I do.

Yummy. I'm not quite sure one pour of even this Dickel is worth that drive, but it's close.

mythrenegade
07-30-2006, 09:27
I am visiting my aunt & uncle in colorado, and my uncle poured me my first (second, third, etc.) taste of EWSB. I quite enjoyed it. I might see about picking up a bottle when I get home.

Joel

TimmyBoston
07-31-2006, 01:22
Tonight, It's Bulleit, I was using in a marinade for Flank Steaks and another for bbq ribs. I was staring at the bottle for so long, I decided to pour myself a glass. I'm actually enjoying the Bulleit, a pleasant surprise.

leigh_munro
07-31-2006, 01:50
For a bit of a change i've started tonight with a Rum...Inner Circle Black Dot.

Virus_Of_Life
07-31-2006, 22:26
For a bit of a change i've started tonight with a Rum...Inner Circle Black Dot.

OK Leigh, nothing against rum, but I gotta get this back on track... :lol:

Tonight I am having Wild Turkey 12 Year from an export only bottle. Took me a while to realize the export only's are 700 not 750ml. I MISS that 50ml, but for only 35 tax free dollars I will not complain further. That WT is some really fine stuff. I'd love to have A LOT more because there seems to be stress coming from every where right now, but I just need to get to sleep soon... of course I am known to talk myself into more bourbon just about every week.

Speaking of stress: why is common sense, courtesy and respect so hard to come by in friends, acquaintances and family???

Ok, maybe I've talked myself into some more, maybe a little AAA.... Hey it's August 1st (almost), what's that BOTM gonna be?

macon
08-01-2006, 06:43
Mainly ETL but Sunday night I mixed half and half of PVWFR 15 year and JD Single Barrel; I know this is probably against some kind of bourbon law, or something, but the combination was very good. The maple flavor went very well with the dryness of the PVW.

kbuzbee
08-01-2006, 07:03
More Sapphire or Beefeater's?

Tim

Personally, Tim, I'd go for Tanquery 10. It's my "go to" Gin (if I actually have such a thing). It makes a good Martini and recent discoveries of G&T and Bitter Lemon have shown it to stand up just fine. Tried a few more exotics recently, Junipero, Henrick's and Magallen.... They're all fine but nothing to knock 10 out of my bar (and not worth the extra effort to find!). 10 has nice botanicals that really make for a nice refreshing mix. Does anyone drink Gin neat??? Doesn't seem appealing to me.

Ken

jburlowski
08-01-2006, 14:39
I laid a bottle of WLW on my neighbor as a gift for his upcoming annual golf outing. He stopped by a few minutes later, glasses in hand, with a bottle of EW SB 94.

We shared toast (or a few) to good neighbors and good friends.

ratcheer
08-01-2006, 15:39
Personally, Tim, I'd go for Tanquery 10. It's my "go to" Gin (if I actually have such a thing). It makes a good Martini and recent discoveries of G&T and Bitter Lemon have shown it to stand up just fine. Tried a few more exotics recently, Junipero, Henrick's and Magallen.... They're all fine but nothing to knock 10 out of my bar (and not worth the extra effort to find!). 10 has nice botanicals that really make for a nice refreshing mix. Does anyone drink Gin neat??? Doesn't seem appealing to me.

Ken

1) I'll look for the T-10, but I don't recall seeing it, around here. We have the regular Tanqueray, though.

2) I decided to buy the Beefeater's, which I have not had in quite a while. I've pretty much stuck with regular Bombay and Sapphire for a while, now.

3) Isn't straight gin what people are drinking when they have their bone dry martinis with no vermouth in them?

Tim

kbuzbee
08-01-2006, 15:54
3) Isn't straight gin what people are drinking when they have their bone dry martinis with no vermouth in them?

Tim, I don't care much for regular Tanquery (or Beefeaters or Bombay for that matter) Saphire is okay but T-10 is IMO better. And I can find it locally so...

3. May be. I don't have many Martinis and I mix them about 3:1. You always hear that "Just let it smell the vermouth" stuff but never went there myself. An aside, my wife used to occasionally ask for a Martini...(?) Turns out she just likes olives:grin: Never cared for the drink.

Ken

Ubertaster
08-02-2006, 19:34
Had a nice pour of EC 12 which has become my front bottle on the bar then I went to EWSB 95 in my Riedels Bourbon glass. For the night cap I had a little tap of A.H. Hirsch 16 to make me sleepy for the evening. I think the EC 12 is as excellent reasonably priced go to drink for me. It will be on my bar for the foreseeable future.

bj

TimmyBoston
08-02-2006, 22:52
Right now, it's a head to head with Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength Red Stripe and Ardbeg Uigeadail. I'd say the Uigeadail is the winner, it is far more complex and a bit smoother. They are both better with just a few drops of water. But they are both outstanding Islay's.
I feel like tonight's going to be a Scotch night.

Update: Couldn't keep going without any bourbon, so I had to pour some Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

T47
08-02-2006, 22:57
I started the evening off with a pour of OGD114. I really enjoy the flavor of this, and though not a tobacco user...that description of the flavor seems to sit well with me. That and a wonderful cinnamon heat that does not last, just kicks my taste buds alive and then slowly dissipates.
I am putting myself to bed with a small pour of VWFRR. Rye must be my theme of the night...

Ubertaster
08-03-2006, 20:14
Had a real nice pour of PVW 15yo. I then sampled a couple ounces of EWSB. The PVW 15 was so good it ruined the flavor of the EWSB which I really like. I guess some bourbons go together and some do not. I am still learning.

bj

barturtle
08-03-2006, 21:58
Well while having dinner this evening at a Bourbon oriented restaurant in L'ville this evening I got to try a pair of the BT experimental collection whiskies-the Fire Pot and Twice Barreled(yes I got a good deal on them, otherwise I would have tried just one). They didn't have the French Oak version.

The Fire Pot, seemed much like an older version or maybe even a Tennesseed(Sp?) of OC12 or ERSB. Not bad at all, but a tad on the pricey side for the pour-but then rarity is expensive. I would consider buying this again, but not at the price it sold for.

The Twice Barreled, on the other hand was way over oaked and reminded me of the first bottling of Pappy 23-for those of you who don't know my opinion of that bottling, let's just say it's a lot like licking the stave. However unlike my experience there, this bottling was less dry(sweeter) and fuller bodied. I would not say it is a dreadful pour at all, but not typical of my bourbon taste profile expectations.

Overall while the Fire Pot is a good pour and should be well regarded, the Twice Barreled offers a lot of new and different flavors that the average bourbon just can't begin to deliver.

I find it funny that, thinking about it, if I was to order another, it would likely be the Twice Barreled, because the difference between it and other bourbons is much greater, whereas if I wanted something in the profile of the Fire Pot, i could find other bourbons that repesented the flavor profile of that bottling in much less scarce bottles. Would I turn down the chance to get any of the BT EC bottles? Not if I can get them at original retail prices. Would they get opened soon? Probably not.

TimmyBoston
08-04-2006, 03:07
It was an Anchor Brewery Porter. My first time with this beer, but I really like it. An excellent porter. After that is was a small pour of Talisker 10 for a nightcap.

CrispyCritter
08-04-2006, 22:11
I began much earlier tonight with an OGD BIB-based Manhattan (using Peychaud's and Regan's Orange Bitters), and, after a long hiatus, I'm having some WT Rye neat.

bluesbassdad
08-07-2006, 22:56
It's an Eagle Rare night. I started with the 101. It had a little too much kick for me tonight. I added water a couple of times before it tasted just right. It had a very pronounced caramel nose and palate. The finish was surprisingly quick. This bottle happens to be the 1.75 L. size, which is plastic. This must be the best bourbon ever put into a plastic bottle.

On a whim I next reached for the Eagle Rare Single Barrel, which is bottled at 90 proof. The flavors are similar but gentler. The finish lasts longer than my attention span.

Yes, I'll miss the 101 for its superior value, but the SB is a more intriguing drink.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

TimmyBoston
08-07-2006, 23:10
A pull of Bulleit straight from the bottle. For my money, that's the way it tastes the best. I mean this for Bulleit ONLY of course. :grin:

Virus_Of_Life
08-07-2006, 23:21
After falling asleep watching the Angels game which all but destroyed any chance of getting to the gym tonite, I decided to revisit the Buffalo Trace that I had just opened last night. It is a splendid pour (and very elegant bottle) that I am very grateful for the member who helped to to get it for me!

After that I had a little WT 12 year from the export only bottle, I notice a distinct difference between the 3 versions of the 12year I have had (gold, split and export), and think the export is my least favorite of them - it seems to have the woodiest flavor which I am finding the more I drink younger bourbons the less I like it.

Ubertaster
08-08-2006, 04:40
I had a couple pours of Buffalo Trace last night for the first time and as reported before by other forum members this is one of the best values for the money out there. I will keep this one on the front of my bar for the foreseeable future.

bj

nor02lei
08-08-2006, 05:55
It was an Anchor Brewery Porter. My first time with this beer, but I really like it. An excellent porter.

Tim,

As you said. An excellent porter!

scratchline
08-08-2006, 09:51
Last night I finished off a bottle of Hirsch 16 Blue Wax. My admiration for this bourbon has only grown since I first opened it. Will forever rank in the tip top tier of bourbondom.

-Mike

TnSquire
08-09-2006, 18:11
Last nite Eagle Rare 10yo on rocks.

Tonite, OGD BIB (Heaven Hill) mixed with Ginger. Good on a hot day.

Nebraska
08-09-2006, 19:21
old taylor 100 proof BIB 1972...a mighty fine pour

cowdery
08-09-2006, 19:50
Hirsch 16 year old gold foil.

This is such a fun club!

smokinjoe
08-09-2006, 20:37
Corner Creek, followed by Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve. The OCPR is one of my favorites, but the Corner Creek shone tonight. The thing is, it shines every time I try it. I seem to always expect to be dissapointed, but I always really kinda like it. It's very drinkable....I think I'll have another!

Sijan
08-09-2006, 21:13
I enjoyed a generous glass of WT Tribute tonight (outstanding, btw) when my girlfriend and I met Randy and his wife for drinks at Ten Downing St in Houston. Thanks again, Randy!

T47
08-10-2006, 00:01
A very nice pour of Weller Centennial. Very nice flavor...sweet, smooth, yet with just enough bite. What a great way to relax before hitting the sack.

TimmyBoston
08-10-2006, 01:11
Bass Ale and an attempt to finish off the Bulleit, didn't quite make it.

Virus_Of_Life
08-10-2006, 02:27
I tried to resist, but I couldn't, so one (just one) swig of Buffalo Trace. Am I the only one that really notices a serious resemblance to GTS in the BT, or vice versa... Anyway BT is an incredible value!

TimmyBoston
08-11-2006, 01:35
Tonight I enjoyed some Weller 12 and now it's Highland Park 12 for a last pour.

jeff
08-11-2006, 05:24
Last night was our 10th wedding anniversary and as a gift, Leslie got me a bottle of Pappy 23 from the last release (AKA Pappy 22 1/2 from a previous tasting at the '05 Sampler.) We paired that with some specialty chocolates that we picked up in St Helena while staying in Napa last week. There is a certain finesse to this bourbon that is hard to describe, but it is deicious to say the least. It paired very well with the chocolates. If anyone cares I might talk about the wine we had with dinner in another forum.

Edward_call_me_Ed
08-11-2006, 05:31
Time that sounds great. I haven't had any J. W. Dant as of yet. I see an 80 proof expression on the shelves for a low price, but haven't picked one up. I have never seen it discussed here. I often see the BIB praised. I wonder if its lesser sibling is worthwhile. Anyone have an opinion?
Ed

Edward_call_me_Ed
08-11-2006, 05:42
Just now I am having a pour of Old Ezra 15 yo 101 proof. Lovely, lovely bourbon. I remember BourbonJoe expressing high regard for this in the past. You would never guess it to be that high a proof. Mild, with cinnamon lurking in the finish. It is more complex that my simple notes indicate. This was a dusty shelves find, not something I see everyday. I got it for eleven or twelve bucks, much less that the Ezra Brooks 12 sitting next to it. I will be one sad puppy when it is gone.
Ed

Edward_call_me_Ed
08-11-2006, 05:45
Corner Creek, followed by Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve. The OCPR is one of my favorites, but the Corner Creek shone tonight. The thing is, it shines every time I try it. I seem to always expect to be dissapointed, but I always really kinda like it. It's very drinkable....I think I'll have another!

I have only had one bottle, now half full, of this and I really like it.
Ed

Edward_call_me_Ed
08-11-2006, 05:48
I remember a comment by Bamber about GTS tasting like high proof Buffalo Trace. As he drank more of the GTS he had a higher and higher opinion of it, but I thought his initial comparision to BT high praise for that bourbon.
Ed

Edward_call_me_Ed
08-11-2006, 05:49
old taylor 100 proof BIB 1972...a mighty fine pour

I really envy you guys. I hardly ever see BIB. I think the only one I have ever had is Mellow Corn BIB.
Ed

Edward_call_me_Ed
08-11-2006, 06:29
Last night was our 10th wedding anniversary
Congrats! Many happy returns of the day!
Ed

jeff
08-11-2006, 06:37
Thanks Ed, I appreciate that! :toast:

Ambernecter
08-11-2006, 12:27
Just bought a new "Regal" resonator guitar. It sounds okay and the case was thrown in for free.

I am clebrating a steady Friday with a Sazerac Rye 18YO, which I also raise to you Jeff. Many (belated) happy returns on your 10th anniversary! A gift of Pappy 23 as well - surely it gets no better?

BourbonJoe
08-11-2006, 12:28
Just now I am having a pour of Old Ezra 15 yo 101 proof. Lovely, lovely bourbon. I remember BourbonJoe expressing high regard for this in the past. Ed

Ed,
You lucky son-of-a-gun.
Joe :usflag:

BourbonJoe
08-11-2006, 12:34
Time that sounds great. I haven't had any J. W. Dant as of yet. I see an 80 proof expression on the shelves for a low price, but haven't picked one up. I have never seen it discussed here. I often see the BIB praised. I wonder if its lesser sibling is worthwhile. Anyone have an opinion?
Ed

Ed,
I haven't had any of the new stuff but I did have an 86 proof, 10 y/o Dant (1959/1969). This was one of the best bourbons I ever drank. It was loaded with the fruit congeners that a lot of older whiskey has and which I love. Don't know what the new stuff is like but I'll bet it wouldn't hold a candle to the Dant of yesteryear.

jsgorman
08-11-2006, 15:09
I am probably tempting fate or lead poisoning, but I've been sampling from my WT 8YO from the Bacarrat Decanter and it is absolutely delicious.

Its color is comparable to the 12YO Gold Foil (another recent favorite), but incredibly smooth with that WT snap at the end.

I keep thinking I should transfer it out of the decanter into glass, but figured its probably already picked up as much lead as it ever could...

TNbourbon
08-11-2006, 20:07
Last night was our 10th wedding anniversary and as a gift, Leslie got me a bottle of Pappy 23...

Not having an anniversary bourbon, Leslie and Jeff, I'm lifting instead a short glass of 2002 birthday bourbon :toast: -- to a handsome and congenial couple whose warmth helps comprise the conviviality of our Bardstown (and other) gatherings. Best wishes for today, and many more years to come.

smokinjoe
08-11-2006, 22:14
This was an up and down evening. Started out great with a pour of WT 12 yr Split Label. :) But...I killed the bottle. It's hard to throw out that dead soldier.:( However, I recovered quickly with a delicious Evan Williams 15 yr.:) All's well that ends well!

Cheers!

JOE

gothbat
08-11-2006, 22:58
Went to Dave and Busters in Philly tonight to hang out with some friends, play some games, and drink. I was a bit thirsty when I got there since it was a long drive so I had a quick Heineken to start. When I asked the bartender what bourbon he had the first thing he said was Jack. :/ Fortunately they had WT101, which I ordered and did not get in a snifter like I asked. In addition to the improper glass (imo anyway) the stuff had no burn whatsoever so it was probably watered down. The next drink I got confirmed this suspicion as it was from another bar (They have 2 or 3 in this place, this one was from the bar/pool hall section of the place rather than the arcade area.) and it had a lot more burn (not only that but they actually listened to me when I asked for it in a snifter!). Watered down first glass or not it was a pretty good time. Now Iím home sipping a snifter of Elmer T Lee. Good stuff.

bluesbassdad
08-13-2006, 02:16
Bulleit bourbon, aka, "frontier whiskey".

I can't help but wonder which frontier the purveyor had in mind. I'm getting a fruity, flowery effect from the nose and palate, with not much happening at all in the finish. Given its marketing image, I expected to gasp and croak out, "Now that's whiskey" upon taking my first sip. Instead it strikes me that this is more like a pre-mixed cocktail. Another impression is that it tastes more like Irish whiskey than bourbon.

Addendum: I guess I was thinking about this one overnight. This morning it hit me that the fruit flavor is very close to apricot with a touch of fresh peach.

This is one strange, make that "intriguing", bourbon. I can't really say whether I enjoy it enough to buy another bottle.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Ambernecter
08-13-2006, 11:15
Just finished cleaning and restringing my new resonator geetar and am having a slug of BT 90 proof. It's raining outside (boy did we need some!) and I'm glad to be indoors with this rather fine whiskey.

Maybe I'll treat myself to a Pappy 20 later - if I behave myself...

BourbonJoe
08-13-2006, 15:56
Just finished cleaning and restringing my new resonator geetar and am having a slug of BT 90 proof.

Are you going to tune it in open "G" or use an "A" tuning like the Master (Brother Oswald Kirby) ?

jburlowski
08-13-2006, 16:15
Sam Houston small batch... my first impressions are that this is a truly vile bottling. Further musings (hopefully more positive) to follow....

gothbat
08-13-2006, 21:42
Mourning the end of yet another weekend over some Fighting Cock 103. :/

robbyvirus
08-13-2006, 21:54
Sunday evening before another working week...might as well go out in style, so I started off with some Van Winkle 10yo, followed by a glass of Bernheim Wheat Whiskey. Ahhh...

Ambernecter
08-14-2006, 08:57
Are you going to tune it in open "G" or use an "A" tuning like the Master (Brother Oswald Kirby) ?
99% of the time I'll play acoustic in open G - I am not bad but pretty far from the Masters - Rory Block, Bob Brozman, Ben Andrews etc.

A restful night of whiskey, guitar and a couple of fight dvds to watch - does it get any better?

Big Chipper
08-14-2006, 09:18
Been working on some OGD 114. I'm ususally a wheater or a low rye kinda guy, so this was quite interesting for me. After my initial shock of the spiciness, I noted many things to like. It's fairly strong neat, though very palatable. I tried it with a single ice cube to see what would happen, and I noted that some of the sweetness originally masked by spice was allowed to come out. It will now be in my regular rotation...

SBOmarc
08-14-2006, 18:17
Going Big...Bookers, GTS Fall '05. Nothing after that, my taste buds will never know.

Sijan
08-15-2006, 23:04
Old Forester 100 proof with an old-style square (not diamond) label.

I am a bit disappointed by this bourbon, which I had high hopes for as I am generally a fan of Old Forester 100 proof and had heard that the bottles with the older label were superior to the current diamond-label issue. But this is not really doing it for me - the initial nose was good, but I am now getting off notes that I can't easily identify. It is acidic and not particularly flavorful on the palate. Not sure what's up, but I'm not thrilled.

bluesbassdad
08-16-2006, 01:30
Evan Williams black label with a dribble of Elijah Craig 18 y/o.

IMO this combination is more enjoyable than either bottling alone. What's really amazing is that just a few drops of the EC18 completely take over the lower proof, less flavorful bourbon. At the outset I had thought I might gradually alter the blend in favor of the EC18. Now if I do so, it will be solely out of curiosity. It's hard to imagine how strengthening the flavors would make the drink more enjoyable.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Nebraska
08-16-2006, 19:09
AAA 10 star...not that I can compare it to anything else Ancient Age, but it's acceptable. The wife even took a sip and said she liked it.

Quite frankly, after a long hard, fun day, it's tasting pretty good.

SBOmarc
08-16-2006, 19:35
Eagle Rare SB, follwed by a Blanton's. This is why I refuse to complain about what BT can't distribute in this market. These along with a steady supply of Rock Hill Farms is nothing to sneeze at.

mythrenegade
08-16-2006, 22:22
Tonight I was in the mood, so I pulled out the bottle of Old Pappy Van Winkel 20 year old. Smooth, of course, dominant note would have to be toast. I also taste a bit of nutmeg, vanilla and caramel.

Great stuff, but it is not my favorite bourbon, that honor still goes to the Eagle Rare 10 year old. I guess price isn't everything :-)

Joel

TimmyBoston
08-17-2006, 02:33
Anchor Porter and Hirsch 16 in honor of our new BOTM.

cowdery
08-17-2006, 15:32
Finished a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel, which I felt okay about doing since I'm going to Kentucky next week.

This might very well be the best bourbon in current production.

Ambernecter
08-19-2006, 08:56
A late afternoon ETL.

What a super whiskey - it's been couple of months since I last inbibed.

My sneezer is most assuredly detecting brown cane sugar and maple syrup. As I roll the whiskey around my whistler, I can taste apples lightly dusted with cinnamon. The rye does not hit home until the finish but when it does it is most welcome. I venture that this is the best whiskey avalilable at 90 proof.

A tad too sweet for some perchance?

mozilla
08-19-2006, 09:59
This summer I have been lucky enough to find 6 bottles of Eagle Rare 101, Pappy 23 #1431, and my first purchase of Wild Turkey Rye and RR 10yr 101. Wow, what a summer!

CrispyCritter
08-19-2006, 18:20
I first had a nip of Power's Gold Label Irish, and the followed it up with a pour of Fall '05 Stagg. Next up, VG 90.

smokinjoe
08-19-2006, 19:35
Just returned from dinner at a nice Thai Restaurant, so I'm keeping with the spicy theme...Rittenhouse Rye BIB and Saz Jr. Tonight, these two ryes couldn't be more different, but both are Delicious!

JOE

gothbat
08-19-2006, 21:36
...mmm Thai...

I'm finishing off a snifter of Eagle Rare 10. I've purchased this a few times and every time I buy it I wonder why I don't buy it more often. Itís a great pour, I love the way the bottle looks, and the price is right! Next time I buy this Iím getting the 1.75.

bluesbassdad
08-20-2006, 00:03
Speaking of "love the way the bottle looks", for me tonight it's Kentucky Spirit. A recent inventory revealed an unopened bottle, which gave me license to drink from the half-full one with abandon. I've already had two pours by midnight; I may have a couple more. If I could afford to buy KS any time I want, I'd have an alcohol problem, for sure. Drinking a 750 ml. bottle in two days does not seem to be out of the question.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

DrinkyBanjo
08-20-2006, 05:19
Last night I had my first sample of VOB 100, I wasn't that impressed but I didn't dislike it either. Then on to Ezra B 101, I like this very much. Then to my ceramic jub of Henry McKenna. This I hated! I read somewhere that this was someones favorite bourbon, I must have an off bottle.

Then Eagle Rare 101, that was nice!

Ambernecter
08-20-2006, 11:46
Just had my Sunday roast with the family and am drinking a Pappy 20 straight up.

This bottle may just be the smoothest Bourbon I've ever had. No dryness to the finish that I find with it's 15YO cousin and alot more smooth vanilla flavour, somewhat similar to Lot B. What a pour!

OscarV
08-20-2006, 12:10
Last weekend I opened up a "Vintage Bourbon 21 Year Old".
I was not as pleased with it as I thought I'd be. It was a bit to spicey or peppery, and a little hot.
After one neat, then one on the rocks I decided I just don't like it and I'll try not to remenber what I paid for it.
OK,... a few days later I tried it again, and I like it. So I had my wife try it again,(she to did not like it at first), and now she likes it.
Did the opening of this bottle to breathe change it that much?
It is smoother now, not hot, and a little sweetness to it.
Also I have to mention that before the initial opening of the "Vintage", I finished up a bottle of Old Fitzgearld Bottled In Bond. The two to close to each other did not get along.

bluesbassdad
08-20-2006, 12:40
Ezra B 101

The 12 y/o or the 15 y/o? I really enjoy the latter; never had the former. Reports so far on the 12 y/o are not encouraging.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

smokinjoe
08-20-2006, 17:14
The 12 y/o or the 15 y/o? I really enjoy the latter; never had the former. Reports so far on the 12 y/o are not encouraging.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield
Dave, I really like the 15 y/o also. I'm a fan of the regular Ezra Brooks as well, particularly considering the price.($15-$16 for the 1.75 here in Georgia) I had the 12 y/o at a company Holiday party last year, and I had no complaints. Maybe, I was just in the Holiday Spirit!:D I actually was somewhere between shocked and thrilled to see this as an option from the open bar. Usually, it's the general Jim Beam or Jack Daniel's as American whiskey choices.

JOE

smokinjoe
08-20-2006, 18:32
Gonna call it a night with a Kentucky Vintage, and I get the overwhelming nose and taste of cantaloupe. I am near the end of this bottle, and I have consistantly observed a grassy, vegetal hint that I enjoy. But, the cantaloupe thing hit me like an anvil...and I like it! I wasn't planning to get another of this one, but now I may have to reconsider.

JOE

TimmyBoston
08-21-2006, 02:24
I've been taking a bit of a break from whiskey for a few days just to give my body a break, but after watching my beloved Red Sox get spanked by the ******* Yankees for the fourth game in a row, I decided it was a good night to delve back in. Tonight it was Lot B, BMH 11, RR 101 and last but not least Weller 12.
Only 5 1/2 games back, I know my boys can come back. Go Sox.

DrinkyBanjo
08-21-2006, 05:55

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Actually it is 7 Years Old.

BourbonJoe
08-21-2006, 12:06
Actually it is 7 Years Old.

Actually there are several Ezra Brooks...a 7 y/o, a 12 y/o, a 15 y/o that is no longer made and plain Ezra Brooks.

bluesbassdad
08-21-2006, 13:09
I believe DB was telling us which bottling he, himself, was drinking.

If I still lived in the big city, I might make good use of your information regarding multiple bottlings. I was aware of only the two I mentioned.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

jburlowski
08-21-2006, 16:13
A wide-ranging assortment... 1792, Noah's Mill, and the best of the lot, Jefferson's Reserve

TimmyBoston
08-22-2006, 02:20
Tonight with a very long Mexican Dinner and a couple afterwards I killed off a 6 pack of Negra Modelo, one of my favorite if rather mundane beers. Then tonight I had a pour of WT Rare Breed. Very tasty stuff.

Like I posted a couple of days ago, I had been off bourbon for a while to rest up, but now coming back it is sooooo good. I didn't realize how much I missed it. The time off really rejuvinated my palate and make everything taste better than it has for months.

gothbat
08-22-2006, 20:50
Some FC103 with some of Buffalo Bill's Cajun Beef Jerky. Damn good combo! :)

TimmyBoston
08-22-2006, 23:15
Started off with ORVW 10/107 then to ORVW 15. I was comparing them. I really need to do a blind test, but I tonight the 15 easily prevailed. It was so much smoother. Although, they were both 107's, the 10 tasted as if the alchohol content was much higher than the 15. Something I can't figure out though, it really tasted like the 15 had a rye a component and I don't think that's possible. :bigeyes:

TNbourbon
08-25-2006, 19:25
Well, it has been months since I've gone on a liquor-buying binge, but my red wine rack was looking a little thin and so, as I'm just shy of my second payday of a new school year and have worked a lot of extra second-job hours recently, I released the debit card -- and didn't buy a single bottle of bourbon (though I spotted a couple I'll go back for).
I took a gamble on a couple of 'negociant' bottles of a lousy-year Pommard (1986) and got lucky -- quite drinkable (I'm half the bottle in -- will share the rest with liquor-store colleagues tomorrow) with my chicken-breast supper. Also bought a trio of less-expensive, generic, more recent red Burgundies for quality casual swilling, and a Kiona ice wine I may stick in the Bardstown box for next month.
After dinner, I've poured a 2000 Osborne Late Bottled Vintage Port, which I found for under $18 with a set of two very nice glasses which will double as bourbo-ware, too. It's nothing spectacular, but a decent value for the money paid. Very nice, typical, plummy LBV flavors, just subtle and understated. Just like me.:grin: :skep:
And, finally, my first bottle of Pyrat "Planters Gold" X.O. rum -- aka, Juicy Fruit -- for $33 locally with a couple of quasi-martini-shaped, frosted glasses which I almost certainly will never use. Too easy to drink!
I also picked up a Jameson 12yo for a fair price (at least, in these parts), but I think I'll hold off opening that one for another evening.
The good/bad news -- I don't think I'm ready for gin yet!:lol:

jburlowski
08-26-2006, 13:56
Finished off a bottle of Noah's Mill. Very tasty, with almost a toffee flavor. Perhaps the best of the offerings from KBD.

cowdery
08-26-2006, 14:14
Enjoyed some Old Grand-Dad BIB last night. It had been a while, and in the meantime I have enjoyed the Rittenhouse Ryes, and the high-rye Bulleit bourbon, so I was curious to see how I would react to the OGD. Quite well, I must say, and kudos to Jim Beam for continuing to make this product and make it the right way. The rye is expressed as spice but also as earthiness (i.e., mud), which I find too much in Old Overholt, but just right in OGD. I'm a fan of the bottle too. A very old school experience overall.

Sijan
08-27-2006, 00:44
Wild Turkey Rare Breed with lemonade (Kentucky Windage!) while watching the UFC tonight

TimmyBoston
08-27-2006, 01:47
Dan', How'd the UFC fight go tonight? I missed the ppv. Tonight it was knob creek on the rocks for me at a bar. Some interesting discussion on String theory though that was a bonus.

jburlowski
08-27-2006, 14:01
Finsihed off a bottle of OGD 114 that I hadn't touched for a while...

This is very serious whiskey! The spicy rye finish grabs you by the lapels and head butts you! No subtlety here... great stuff.

Big Chipper
08-27-2006, 16:08
Tonight it's gonna be a three-way. I'm starting off with some Weller Antique 107, which has been on sale for $13.95 this month and an excellent, if not my favorite under $20 pour. Then I'm moving on to a little ER SB to be followed by a small pour of OGD 114. To cap it all off, I'm gonna treat myself to some Old Cabin Still Stitzel Weller bottled in 1969. This is the second bottle I've won off of eBay and I must say, I'm smitten. Once it's allowed to breathe a bit, there's a definite sweetness that reminds me of banana bread and honey that ends up with a long, smooth finish with plenty of mouth feel. I love the old Stitzel Weller stuff...

ratcheer
08-28-2006, 16:36
I am having a fairly large pour (for me, about 2 oz) of J. W. Dant BIB on the rocks. It is very tasty and it could easily fill the bill of an everyday pour.

Tim

T47
08-28-2006, 22:38
I nice pour of ETL. I have a buddy at work who want's to try some Bourbon and I think this is the bottle I will recommend for him. Great flavor, great price, and a nice looking bottle.

cowdery
08-29-2006, 13:41
Old Charter 12-year-old. Very enjoyable. Loads of caramel and vanilla. Interesting what corn whiskey does in a new barrel without much rye (or wheat) getting in the way. It's all wood (and corn sweetness) but, at least at the 12-year-level, that's all good. Very tasty, very rich, but not particularly complex. A good (though not great) value. Cool bottle too. Like OGD BIB it's very "old school," the whole experience, but in its own way.

TNbourbon
08-29-2006, 20:13
Received these three pieces today. Surprisingly, only one (the queen, middle) had a broken cork:

The flawed cork, however, was enough excuse to open that one.:grin: I know some have described finding less-than-stellar bourbon in these, but all three -- including this one -- that I've opened so far taste like liquid chocolate fudge:cool: King me! (oops, wrong game:skep: )

gothbat
08-29-2006, 21:28
My usual, FC103. It's certainly not the best but I never tire of it.

SBOmarc
08-29-2006, 21:33
WT 101 followed by another, and ending the night with Rare Breed.

cowdery
08-30-2006, 10:40
Two nights in a row for the Old Charter 12-year-old.

Tim, you are sorely tempting me to open one of my chess pieces. Do you think they put better whiskey in the queens than what they put in the pawns?

jeff
08-30-2006, 12:26
Two nights in a row for the Old Charter 12-year-old.

Tim, you are sorely tempting me to open one of my chess pieces. Do you think they put better whiskey in the queens than what they put in the pawns?
No, but the green pieces definitely taste better than the yellow :yum::skep:

Ambernecter
08-30-2006, 13:13
OGD 86 proof.

Not great but as I have had nearly 36 hours with no sleep, I will roll with it's impudence - for now...

TNbourbon
08-30-2006, 13:51
...Do you think they put better whiskey in the queens than what they put in the pawns?

It would be a rook if they did, don't you think?:grin:

cowdery
08-30-2006, 16:15
It would be a rook if they did, don't you think?:grin:

Ouch!!!!!!

Nebraska
08-30-2006, 16:41
I've found myself going back to Weller antique, Weller 12yo, and OGD BiB. I took my very first nip of OGD 114 and found it very suitable.

SBOmarc
08-30-2006, 17:04
Even though the evening calls for my dwindling supply of Fall '05 Stagg, I am being sensible and "sipping" a Lot B before the fun begins.

Not to worry, I know where to find it if I need it.

gothbat
08-31-2006, 21:43
Polished off the last of my FC103. It's probably the last bourbon I'll get to actually enjoy until the end of the weekend. During the weekend I'll be at a family gathering getting tanked on beer with my favorite cousin :)! I can't wait even though we'll be drinking beer the whole time. Perhaps I shall make good use of the flask my brother gave me for my birthday... :D

TimmyBoston
08-31-2006, 23:47
Tonight, a little splash of Black Maple Hill 16 Bardstown. Absolutely wonderful!

bluesbassdad
09-03-2006, 02:55
Not bourbon, exactly. It's Sazerac 18 y/o rye.

When I pulled the cork for the first time tonight, there was no "thonk" sound. I feared a bad seal with unknown consequences. Now I'm on my second glass, and I detect no off-flavors.

What I do detect is wood, and plenty of it. IMO, this whiskey would have been better with a few years less time in the wood. The spicy, zesty flavor that I associate with ryes I have enjoyed in the past is almost overwhelmed by the sooty, barrel notes.

That said, it's not quite as overwhelming as at least one sample of EC18 I've had.

Perhaps some subtle flavor elements will peek through with continued tasting.

I suspect this is a bottle that I will finish over a period of several years, never to be replaced. More interesting than enjoyable.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

DrinkyBanjo
09-03-2006, 05:38
Tonight was Scotch night but I ended with a wheater. I started with Glenfarclas 105, nice nose but a bit too strong. I'll have to dilute this one going forward. Then I went to Aberlour Abunadh, nice but I do not like this one as much as others do.

I then had a William Larue Weller. I like this a lot but I don't LOVE it, dunno why.

cowdery
09-03-2006, 06:54
Very Old Barton BIB. Lots of caramel. Specifically, Werther's.

Big Chipper
09-03-2006, 07:44
Scored another Old Cabin Still (1969) recently. I love this stuff. Got a bottle of 1970 Old Fitzgerald Prime too. Nice...smoother than the Cabin Still. Mixing all this up with some Pappy 15. It's been a wonderful week!

jburlowski
09-03-2006, 07:44
Finished off a bottle of S-W OWA 107... near perfection in a bottle.

OscarV
09-03-2006, 07:58
Finished off a bottle of S-W OWA 107... near perfection in a bottle.

How can you tell a S-W OWA 107 from one more recent that was produced by BT?

Thanks
Oscar

BourbonJoe
09-03-2006, 08:37
How can you tell a S-W OWA 107 from one more recent that was produced by BT?

Thanks
Oscar

It will be made in Louisville, not Frankfort.

smokinjoe
09-04-2006, 18:11
Am having a nice pour of Russell's Reserve 90. Picked up a bottle of this on Saturday. My first one. I have gone through a couple of the RR 101's in the past, and though I think that it was a good whiskey, I had never gained a love for it like many here have expressed. The RR90 is very nice, and every bit as good as the RR101 IMHO. But, at the same time, I would be pissed too, if they took one of my favorite bourbons from me, for no other reason, one could reasonably argue, than profit motive. I feel your pain.

JOE

bluesbassdad
09-04-2006, 18:32
Knob Creek.

I'm not sure why, but it was the first bourbon I thought of when I learned that today is Bobby Cox's birthday. Here's to ya, Bobby! :toast:

Tonight the nose suggests cinnamon, and the palate reminds me of the whole-wheat/oat pancakes (http://www.kodiakcakes.com/)I ate with a flood of maple syrup yesterday morning.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

wku88
09-04-2006, 19:47
:grin: EW 1783 10 YO. Not as good as other HH 10YO offerings, but pleasant nonetheless.

CrispyCritter
09-05-2006, 19:37
I'm taking a break from my cocktail kick to revisit my WT101 neat, to toast its BOTM selection. :toast:

SBOmarc
09-05-2006, 20:04
WT 101, Here's to September's BOTM.

gothbat
09-05-2006, 21:50
For the second night in a row Iím having some Jim Beam White Label. Itís been a while since Iíve had this bourbon and Iím enjoying it less than ever. The taste is too sweet and lacks that hot alcohol kick that most other bourbons have. Itís not just the proof, I was drinking WT80 on Sun with my cousin and her bf and, although also a bit weak, it wasnít nearly as lacking as this. Although Iíve never had a bourbon I disliked I must say that this is probably the least preferable to me.

cowdery
09-05-2006, 22:35
All week I've been celebrating the fact that I have a new bottle of Very Old Barton BIB that I got the week before last, so now I can freely drink from the one that I have already open.

TimmyBoston
09-05-2006, 22:46
Black Maple Hill 11, then some Weller 12 and finally a pour of Bulleit before bed, just trying to kill the bottle. It seems like the one bottle I had that I wish was empty I just can't finish, while my Lot B magically disappears on its own.

Chico
09-06-2006, 21:06
I'm back at the Rare Breed. I was in love with Knob Creek for a little while but this is the real-deal. Smooth, full of sweet and leathery notes. Just beautiful. Of all the barrel proof stuff available, this is the most drinkable by far.

Nebraska
09-07-2006, 13:31
My case of Weller 12yo was waiting for me when we got home, so i figured I had better sample it. It hasn't happened in many years, but I got a little carried away sampling, at:drinking: least that is what my head was saying today. (The hangover headache hasn't happened in many years)

smokinjoe
09-07-2006, 15:54
My case of Weller 12yo was waiting for me when we got home, so i figured I had better sample it. It hasn't happened in many years, but I got a little carried away sampling, at:drinking: least that is what my head was saying today. (The hangover headache hasn't happened in many years)
Maybe you simply fainted at the beautiful sight of a case of Weller 12, and hit your head! :D

Curious to know, did your case come in the new bottles?

JOE

DrinkyBanjo
09-07-2006, 18:48
Tonight I had to sample the BOTM and was not disappointed. I also had a dram of it's cousin Straight Rye. Both are nice but the 101 is better.

gothbat
09-07-2006, 21:32
I broke down and grabed myself a 350 of WT101. Worth every penny!

smokinjoe
09-07-2006, 22:47
Tonight it was a starter of Very Old Heaven Hill 10 yr. Holy Cow, for $11 this may be the best value in Bourbonia. Ended up with Pikesville Rye. Still evaluating this one.

JOE

Nebraska
09-08-2006, 16:12
Yes the weller 12yo was in new bottles, I was expecting the old label, but got the new.

DrinkyBanjo
09-08-2006, 16:25
I have a daunting task ahead. I need to start finishing off my Eagle Rare 17 and Sazerac 18 so I can make room for the new Antique Collection. Woe is me.

gothbat
09-08-2006, 20:56
Finally broke down and polished off the tiny bit of Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 101 I've had sitting in the cabinet for a long time. I definitely forgot just how good this stuff was!

luv2hunt
09-08-2006, 21:28
BMH 14yr Lawrenceburg. I hate it when posts on here prompt us to empty a lonely bottle!

Dawn

ProofPositive
09-09-2006, 22:03
ORVW 15 followed by Blanton's.......a couple of excellent pours of each to help me wash away memories of the Ohio St-Texas game earlier in the evening. Oh well, at least I got to see my Dawgs hang an "L" on Spurrier tonite. That is something always worth celebrating!

FlashPuppy
09-10-2006, 00:45
Started the evening off with a healthy pour of WT101. Then I switched over to a nice EWSB, followed by an ETL. I just rounded out the night with another WT101, and the circle of life is complete.

BourbonJoe
09-10-2006, 01:26
Last night I decanted a Michters Ice Wagon decanter from 1979. The room filled with the most incredible fruity smell.....reminded me of juicy fruit chewing gum. Had a taste. This stuff is absolutely delicious.

Edward_call_me_Ed
09-10-2006, 04:12
Had a couple of healthy pours of Rare Breed earlier. Wonderful whiskey. I ought to have some of this months BOTM WT 101, but I might have some of last month's instead. I got my Hirsch late in the month and didn't post on it. Haven't made up my mind yet, I suppose. Not that I didn't like it, i did, it's just that I wasn't overwhelmed by it.
Ed

kbuzbee
09-10-2006, 05:59
Well, this is our 'season of celebration'. My and my wife's birthdays and our anniversary (and grandbaby's birthday and son-in-law's birthday etc etc :grin: ) all in a two month period, so I cracked open my once a year bottle of Tribute. Amazing stuff.

Cheers,

Ken

jburlowski
09-10-2006, 08:49
I polished off a bottle of ER 17 that's been hanging around since its release last Fall. Got an instant reminded why it had remained unfinished for so long.... way, way over-aged. The oak overwhelms everything else.

A reminder why the ER SB is a much better and more balanced pour ---- to say nothing of a better bargain.

bluesbassdad
09-10-2006, 13:18
I got my Hirsch late in the month and didn't post on it. Haven't made up my mind yet, I suppose. Not that I didn't like it, i did, it's just that I wasn't overwhelmed by it.

Ed,

Where the gold foil is concerned, your opinion and mine are about the same. If you ever come across the gold wax (or, presumably, the blue wax bottling, which I've never tasted), I hope you wont let your lukewarm response to the gold foil prevent you from tasting it.

BTW, it's never too late to record your observations for posterity in the BOTM thread.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

RedVette
09-10-2006, 14:55
Old Charter, Proprietors Reserve, 13 yr old. This is a mighty tasty beverage.

jburlowski
09-10-2006, 15:33
Old Charter, Proprietors Reserve, 13 yr old. This is a mighty tasty beverage.

Absolutely... one of my top ten favorites!

smokinjoe
09-10-2006, 16:58
Had a Manhattan tonight with the Pikesville Rye. I seemed to enjoy it better in the Manhattan, rather than straight. Followed up with a couple of Maker's after dinner. EVERY time I go to this I expect to be dissapointed....But, I NEVER am! I know we wish it was aged more, there are other wheaters supposedly better and cheaper, it's all marketing...yadda yadda yadda. But my takeaway from this is always that it is not only good, but very good whiskey. I'm sorry I'm going to miss the MM Tour this week. :frown:

JOE

Gillman
09-10-2006, 17:02
Joe, I think you could make a great Manhattan with 2:1 Maker's to Pikesville. Some might like 1:1 but the former would be better I think.

Gary

smokinjoe
09-10-2006, 20:06
Joe, I think you could make a great Manhattan with 2:1 Maker's to Pikesville. Some might like 1:1 but the former would be better I think.

Gary
Thanks for the tip Gary. I'll try it tomorrow, 2:1. Let you know what I think.
JOE

SBOmarc
09-10-2006, 20:18
Old Weller 107. This bottle is the third one that I have been successful in finding. For the high proof that it carries, It has great flavors and a slight burn that I find almost refreshing.

gothbat
09-10-2006, 21:05
Good old WT101... :)

Nebraska
09-11-2006, 10:04
Black maple Hill rye 18yo...my first try with this. I was REALLY wowed with my first sip. Caramel and a little smoke. My second sip and third sip betrayed me. It took on a totally different profile. Not sure if my taste buds went south or what, but I'm going to try it again after the festival.

smokinjoe
09-11-2006, 20:24
Tonight, I revisted my Ezra B 15 yr. I had forgotten how good this one is. Absolutely massive butterscotch and caramel here. As I type this, I can smell these attributes from my glass 2 feet away. I tend to really like bourbons with strong butterscotch and caramel, but I can't recall any other that has them like this one does. Delicious!! :yum:

JOE

ratcheer
09-12-2006, 19:15
Tonight, I am having one of my biggest personal celebrations in recent memory. My company announced that they were entering into a merger with another, similar, company in late May. Ever since, I have been under fairly serious stress wondering whether I would keep my job for more than a few months.

Well, today I was given an official announcement which, among other things, stated that I will indeed have my job with the future combined company. :woohoo: Hence, my personal celebration.

Just having reached a point in my evening where I could relax and have a nice drink, I had to choose. My first choice was Rock Hill Farms, but I wanted this drink on the rocks and I do not drink RHF on the rocks. After considering Elmer T. Lee and Henry McKenna 10-yr BIB, I finally decided on Wild Turkey Rare Breed. And it was a very good choice.

I am de-stressing. My stable life can continue. Oh, happy day!

Tim

smokinjoe
09-12-2006, 19:27
Good for you Tim! You must have had a tough Summer. Glad to hear things have worked out well. I don't have any Rare Breed to raise with you, but when I celebrate something, it is with my Pappy 20. So, I'll toast you with that.

JOE

CrispyCritter
09-12-2006, 19:51
Congrats, Tim! :toast:

I just whipped up a Red Hook with Saz Jr. to celebrate! *clink* :drink:

SBOmarc
09-12-2006, 20:02
Good News Tim! I have no Rare Breed, is Kentucky Spirit OK with you.

Cheers!

luv2hunt
09-12-2006, 20:40
I opened a bottle of WT 8yr old to celebrate with you. Must not be my night to celebrate. The cork fell apart....ugh! It must need air....

I'll bring it to the gazebo and let Tim and Dane decide!

Dawn

gothbat
09-12-2006, 21:32
Back on the old FC103 wagon! :)