PDA

View Full Version : WT Rare Breed Carved Cap/Cork

gothbat
07-22-2006, 18:52
I could not find a post about this or anything on google but I wouldn't be surrprised if I was just using the wrong words. A few months ago I bought a bottle of WTRB (WT-03RB) and the wooden top of the cork had a turkey carved into it. The 2 previous bottles (Over the course of 2 years or so) I had of this were not like this and neither were the ones on the shelf at the store I was just at. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the ones with the carved cap vs the regular cap. Thanks.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8908/wtrbcappt3.jpg

Joeluka
07-23-2006, 05:23
The caps are new. Nothing different about the WT inside the bottle. With Rare-Breed you go by the bottle number (03RB or WT-01-91) not the stopper to determine the Bourbon inside.
I hope that helps.

bluesbassdad
07-23-2006, 11:41
Joe,

I assume you have bought or at least seen on the shelves an example of the new cap. Do you recall when you first saw it? Was it on a bottle of the 03RB?

I'm curious because Rare Breed is one of my few personal favorites that I can buy here in Outback, USA. I wonder how much longer it will take for the new packaging to show up at my local Safeway than in L.I.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Joeluka
07-23-2006, 13:36
Right after Gary Gillman mentioned that he thought the new batch was great I went and picked one up. I think it was about 3 months ago. I have picked up another one since then and that one has it as well.

bluesbassdad
07-23-2006, 17:48
Joe,

Thanks for the info. I'd guess they'll show up in the Prescott/Prescott Valley/Chino Valley, AZ area sometime around Christmas. :grin:

I, and perhaps I alone, will be interested to see. Surprisingly, it seems to sell steadily at our Safeway.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Wade
07-23-2006, 18:14
Dave,

The Safeway stores here in Chandler have had the WT-03RB (new cap) bottling for at least a couple of months now. The last one I bought was back in May and it had the newer cap then. Maybe it takes a while to filter out to the Safeway stores near you.

Wade

bluesbassdad
07-23-2006, 19:40
Wade,

Interesting. I've bought one bottle of the 03RB in Chino (about a month ago, I think), and it has the plain top.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield