PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

i_wheeldon
09-13-2006, 09:40
I've just signed up as im looking for a nice bourbone as i go to america on sataurday. I got a bottle of george T Stagg 2004 last time and really liked it. Im looking for a simalar drink again, strong but smooth with a long lasting taste. Bit of kick to it :)

I was thinking of just getting the same again but thought id enquire about if there was any other's that anyone could reccomend

Cheers

Ian

wadewood
09-13-2006, 09:56
George T Stagg is bottled once or twice a year. Each bottling is unique, but they have all been excellent. I would suggest finding one of the 2005 bottlings to compare to your 2004.

smokinjoe
09-13-2006, 12:03
Hi Ian. Where in America are you going? Where you go, will influence what you may be able to get. Welcome!

JOE

TimmyBoston
09-15-2006, 02:57
You could try to find Willaim Larue Weller, from Buffalo Trace's Antique Collection, (same collection that Stagg comes from and the bottles are very similar) It's well aged and has a high proof, not as high as the Stagg's but it's got some kick. I think you'll like it. But getting another vintage of the Stagg won't be a let down either. Also if you're looking for something a bit pricier, if you can find some Wild Turkey Tribute, it's absolutely fantastic.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a great trip here. And after your trip I hope continue to check up one things here. It's a pretty good forum. :cool:

Nebraska
09-18-2006, 18:12
I think I know where you can pick up a bottle or 15 of W.L. Weller antique collection.

Nebraska
09-18-2006, 18:14
Whoops...forgot to say,... Pappy 15 would be a nice choice.

i_wheeldon
09-20-2006, 16:26
Hi Ian. Where in America are you going? Where you go, will influence what you may be able to get. Welcome!

JOE
Pittsbourough, Pensilvania

Cant get George T Stagg :(

Any other ideas?

And i will be using these forums, I do like my bourbon. Have to have a look what we can get over here actyually, I know a obscure winery beer place that gets all kinds of mad stuff. Be able see if there any good before splashing out on them

Thanks for the welcome :)

jburlowski
09-21-2006, 15:25
Whoops...forgot to say,... Pappy 15 would be a nice choice.

I second the vote....

i_wheeldon
09-25-2006, 07:04
Well, i ended up with a 1.75Litre bottle of Wild Turkry 101 and am just about to crack it open......... And.......

It's good. Prefer the George T Stagg but apparently its not allowed in the state haha. George T although stronger, was smoother to drink i think

Nebraska
09-26-2006, 17:47
:slappin: I can't even begin to find the right words to respond. Although I will say WT 101 was an interesting choice, not what I would have guessed you ending up with, but interesting.