PDA

View Full Version : Rye Tasting Results for 10-11-06

BourbonJoe
10-11-2006, 16:14
Attached please find the results of today's Rye tasting.
Joe :usflag:

ProofPositive
10-14-2006, 23:55
Thanks for the test results. Although my palate has not really become fond of rye as of yet, perhaps I might be well-advised to drop some cash on the Saz 18. It has almost disappeared in my area as all previous Saz did as well......even before Stagg.

BobA
10-15-2006, 12:42
I certainly would. IIRC, there wasn't as much of it made as of Stagg. Even if you never develop a taste for rye, you'll have something good to share. And although I'm a Stagg fan, if I walk into a store, there's a bottle of each, and just one $50 bill in my pocket, the Saz is coming home with me.

Bob

ProofPositive
10-15-2006, 15:30
I certainly would. IIRC, there wasn't as much of it made as of Stagg. Even if you never develop a taste for rye, you'll have something good to share. And although I'm a Stagg fan, if I walk into a store, there's a bottle of each, and just one $50 bill in my pocket, the Saz is coming home with me.

Bob

Glad you made that point about the comparison of production between Saz and Stagg. I had forgotten about the difference. You've convinced me, I better grab one while I can. Thanks for the good advice.

If anyone else out there needs one, let me know. The only retailer in my town who has any left probably has only 3-5.....well, as of a week ago. Going to check with them tomorrow. I'll just be picking up one for meself. Here in west Tennessee it goes for a little higher than most other places in the nation - $61.08 - partially due to our wonderful sales tax of 9.25%......and, it may quite likely rise again soon due to the government of the city of Memphis being unable to find its way out of the red ink.