PDA

View Full Version : Wild Turkey Rare Breed/Woodford Reserve

Briscott99
10-13-2006, 15:27
While in the liquor store today I noticed a bottle of WTRB, the older batch W-T-01-99, mixed in with the newer batch WT-03RB. What do you think? Is it worth picking up the older batch (I already have a bottle of WT-03RB)? Just wondering if there are major differeneces or if folks percieve one batch to be significantly better than the other.

And Woodford Reserve... I'm not a huge Woodford fan, but I have seen in two seperate liquor stores a couple Lincoln Henderson bottles (batches 196 and 182 respectively)... does it seem worth it to pick up these older batches?

Thanks!

RedVette
10-13-2006, 18:47
If it is not junk, and it is something I have not tried before, I buy it. What is the worst that can happen? You're out $20-40 bucks and you have a bottle that you can pawn off on guests who don't know better.

Pappy's Friend
10-13-2006, 19:08
I"m with RedVette on this one!

TnSquire
10-14-2006, 08:57
If it is not junk, and it is something I have not tried before, I buy it. What is the worst that can happen? You're out $20-40 bucks and you have a bottle that you can pawn off on guests who don't know better.

I have been known to buy junk if its older and I have not tried it. There is some decent whiskey in some of those old bottles with bottom shelf labels.

luv2hunt
10-15-2006, 18:40
Just wondering if there are major differeneces or if folks percieve one batch to be significantly better than the other.

And Woodford Reserve... I'm not a huge Woodford fan, but I have seen in two seperate liquor stores a couple Lincoln Henderson bottles (batches 196 and 182 respectively)... does it seem worth it to pick up these older batches?

WTRB Question: There is No big difference...

Woodford Reserve Question: If you're not a fan.....I'd leave it on the shelf. Buy what you intend to drink or else you'll have your money tied up with a bunker full of stuff you don't want to drink!

Dawn

Rughi
10-15-2006, 21:26
While in the liquor store today I noticed a bottle of WTRB, the older batch W-T-01-99, mixed in with the newer batch WT-03RB. What do you think?

I had a bottle of W-T-01-99 open for years that I could just never get into; there was nothing _wrong_ with it, but I just didn't enjoy it. I'm not sure any of my tasting buddies agree with my negative opinion of W-T-01-99, though.

The WT-03RB, however, is one of the best currently released bourbons, IMHO.

Roger

Edward_call_me_Ed
10-16-2006, 06:40
The 99 is excelent.

03 is even better.

Ed