PDA

View Full Version : Going to Bowling Green

wskybnt
10-17-2006, 19:52
I would love to have an extra day to take a couple of tours since I will be so close but, time wont allow. Going to the Corvette Museum to take delivery of my Dad's new Vette.

Anyway while in Bowling Green, I was hoping to find something different at the local liquor stores. Other than maybe Four Roses, what should I look for that I cant get back in Memphis....

Thanks in advance for the info

Clint

robbyvirus
10-17-2006, 19:56
As I recall there's a liquor store in Bowling Green that's right off of I-65...in fact there's a tall sign that says "Liquor" that is visible from the highway. This store had (as of this past spring) a very nice and sizeable selection of bourbons. Sorry, I can't remember he exact exit, but like I said it's visible from I-65 (at least southbound). Good luck!

cowdery
10-18-2006, 13:32
Other than maybe Four Roses, what should I look for that I cant get back in Memphis....

Four Roses definitely, also Very Old Barton and perhaps some of the Heaven Hill brand whiskeys, especially the 10-year-old bond. You might also pick up a bottle of Old Bourbon Hollow, which is a bond and a Beam product. It's not great, but it is something you can't get outside of Kentucky.

Also, pick up some Ale-8-One ginger ale.

TNbourbon
10-18-2006, 13:51
As I recall there's a liquor store in Bowling Green that's right off of I-65...in fact there's a tall sign that says "Liquor" that is visible from the highway. This store had (as of this past spring) a very nice and sizeable selection of bourbons. Sorry, I can't remember he exact exit, but like I said it's visible from I-65 (at least southbound). Good luck!

Chuck's at Exit 22, west of the interstate.

jvanwinkle
10-18-2006, 16:26
I think there are actually 3 Chuck's locations.
& other liquor stores in town too.

wskybnt
10-20-2006, 12:13
Found them,,, Got some Four Roses Yellow label and single barrell. AA 10yr and found 2 old Rip Van Winkle 10/107's, cant believe that. Unless they are still avaliable around Bowling Green. Cause they havent been here (Memphis area) in over a year.

Anyways good finds. For a quick stop. Got them at the liquor store right in front of the Corvette Museum.