PDA

View Full Version : New and need some advice

mred
10-31-2006, 19:05
Hey guys and gals, i love bourbon and i live in Ga. Nobody around here has George T. Stag.. whats a man got to do to get some?? anyone around in ga know a store to get some??:bowdown:

lovejones
10-31-2006, 19:11
Opps. I thought www.Binnys.com would have it...but they don't seem to. That's odd. The Stagg should still be found, as it's not hard to find in Louisville as of today. The Weller, Sazerac and Handy are pretty scarce only a week after the release.

BourbonJoe
11-01-2006, 02:18
Opps. I thought www.Binnys.com (http://www.Binnys.com) would have it...but they don't seem to.

Binny's has it. Just give 'em a call.
Joe :usflag:

mred
11-01-2006, 14:16
well i need a place in ga to get it. No store can ship to ga, ga law won't allow it..:smiley_acbt:

BobA
11-01-2006, 14:34
Earlier inquiries, made after much searching, has revealed that Stagg is not distributed in GA. I've found some in FL, or you might try TN if you're in that end of the state.

It's unfortunate that not everything makes it here, but stick around a bit and you'll realize a lot of people have it much worse.

Welcome, and good luck.

Bob

mred
11-01-2006, 20:13
thanks bud. Ordered some GD114 today. I was actually born and lived in Decatur till i was 5. Dad had a business there till 2001. Lived in Avondale Estates.

mred
11-03-2006, 09:34
picked up some ogd114 and its great.. but boy will it catch up to ya quick...:cool:

BobA
11-03-2006, 14:57
OGD 114 is a favorite of mine. I've always found it free of any real alcohol harshness to remind you that it's 114. Which means you can get a little further along on alcohol effect quicker than you expect.

Got a hair cut in Avondale the other day. Since moving from Cobb, I keep looking for a good barber, preferably one younger than me (I've retired two so far). Fortunately, finding the reliable liquor stores was easier.

Bob

smokinjoe
11-03-2006, 19:58
OGD 114 is a favorite of mine. I've always found it free of any real alcohol harshness to remind you that it's 114. Which means you can get a little further along on alcohol effect quicker than you expect.

Got a hair cut in Avondale the other day. Since moving from Cobb, I keep looking for a good barber, preferably one younger than me (I've retired two so far). Fortunately, finding the reliable liquor stores was easier.

Bob
The 114 is an excellent pour for sure. Ya'lls discussion has reminded me that I'm out of it!! I'll fix that tomorrow.
Best haircut in Cobb is at Bob's BTW. This wouldn't be where you went, is it Bob? :D

JOE

TNbourbon
11-03-2006, 20:12
...Best haircut in Cobb is at Bob's BTW. This wouldn't be where you went, is it Bob? :D

JOE

Bob the Barber bobs Bob?!:skep:

BobA
11-04-2006, 04:56
Never been to Bob's, but if I'm out that way at the right time, I could check out the alliterative possibilities. Sadly, this Bob wouldn't provide that Bob much to work with these days.

Bob

full_proof
11-04-2006, 08:55
I thought I was hallucinating :bigeyes: last evening when I saw on the shelf a bottle of WT American Honey. Glad I did not risk the purchase, as Playboy.com says, at 71 proof, it is not for the true bourbon aficionado, as it lacks balance and is far too sweet. Too bad they don't make minis--would have been great for the neighborhood kids last week on Halloween. Has anyone risked a taste of this dram?

cowdery
11-04-2006, 17:07
I suspect they changed the name to deemphasize the fact that this is a liqueur, not a whiskey. It is pretty tasty for what it is, but it isn't bourbon whiskey.

CrispyCritter
11-04-2006, 17:17
I haven't tried it - I tend to use liqueurs as cocktail ingredients rather than straight-up drinks. Hmmmm... what would be a good base spirit to use for a cocktail with WT's liqueur?

ThomasH
11-05-2006, 11:25
Wild Turkey liquer mixes well with diet sprite. Regular sprite makes irt much too sweet!

Thomas