PDA

View Full Version : Rare Breed Society

J.W.
11-14-2006, 10:01
Is the Rare Breed Society worth taking the time to send in the card?
Or is it just a marketing ploy to send out Ads or useless E-Mails?

J.W.

DrinkyBanjo
11-14-2006, 11:07
They send out some offers for personalized labels and such which I think add a little something to Christmas gifts etc. Otherwise there is not much benefit if you ask me.

mred
11-14-2006, 20:13
they still havent sent me anything, its been over 6 months.. so id say is BS

Randy_Ricchi
11-16-2006, 21:14
Tim mentioned:
"They send out some offers for personalized labels and such which I think add a little something to Christmas gifts etc. Otherwise there is not much benefit if you ask me."

This is pretty much the case, but once (once!) they had an offer for a free stainless steel Rare Breed Society 10 or 12 oz flask. You just had to send in a card and answer a few marketing questions. I probably waited 2 or 3 months but I got it!

Cool.

HighTower
11-17-2006, 05:19
I got a lovely Rare Breed lapel pin and a letter from Jimmy. great stuff. It also told me about the great rare breed exclusive website, which doesnt seem to work or exist now.

Scott

reg
11-17-2006, 12:34
I've been a memeber for as long as its been around. i've gotten several books on the people that are members that list favorite food , movies, hobbies, ect..Also have gotten a flask, pin, candy, and the labels several times a year. its does not cost any money so why not if you like Rare Breed. I'm a memeber of the Old Forester 1870 Society, they had a tasting in my area that i went to , but all it was a bar just running specials on O.F.. They sent a pen that does not work, a metal box, and a cork stopper with a metal 1870 on top. i signed up for 1870 thinking they would send shot glass but never received it. they are both free so why not.

gothbat
11-17-2006, 21:47
its does not cost any money so why not if you like Rare Breed.
I sent one of these cards in a long time ago and have yet to receive anything from them. Who knows, maybe someday they will surprise me with something in the mail but I'm not holding my breath. One thing is for sure though, if you already bought for the bottle why not send the card in and possibly receive something free in the future?

Edward_call_me_Ed
11-27-2006, 01:44
Can't win if you don't play!

I am not a member but next tmime I see a card I will send it in.

Ed

reg
11-28-2006, 13:48
Got a engraved money clip flyer today. just asks a few simple questions and you can do it over the internet. should have it by christmas.

Geo
11-30-2006, 19:43
Rare Breed gives me a headache everytime I drink even a small amount. I like the flavor for sure. Wish it would be easy on my head. LOL

reg
12-23-2006, 21:48
Got the clip. Stainless steel made by Zippo, with Wild Turkey Rare Breed logo. They have new personalized sticker labels that go on 101. just go to web site and tell them what you want. they will mail you three.

ILLfarmboy
12-29-2006, 14:21
I finally got the money clip today. Pretty nifty. I like this business of gettin' free stuff. Maybe I should sign up for the Makers Mark Ambassador thing.

gothbat
12-29-2006, 14:53
I wonder if mine was lost in the mail or just never processed since I'm hearing about people getting things in the mail from them here; I've never received anything at all from them and the card was sent in about a year ago. I just sent them an email to see if they can look me up or something. Not that I really have a need for, or will use, a money clip but I did send the card in...

ILLfarmboy
12-29-2006, 15:06
Back when I signed up it took quite a while for them to get me in their system. Something like three months. But a full year! Sounds like your card got lost in the mail or it just didn't get processed.

drli
01-02-2007, 18:32
In '05 I send in the card and got the flask around Christmas time. In '06 I sent in one for my father and he got the money clip this Christmas, but I did not. Do you need to keep sending them in??