PDA

View Full Version : So this is where the bourbon drinkers hang out!

lbacha
12-11-2006, 13:26
Hello all,

I just came across this forum and let me say hello to all you fellow bourbon drinkers. I recognize a few names from the whisky mag forum and the posts I've read so far are great. Looking forward to chatting with you about bourbon and other american whiskey's.

A little about myself, I grew up in Ohio close to Akron. I travel for a living so I get to try a better selection that what Ohio has to offer (not very good here, people in Europe laugh when I tell them I can't get a bourbon or rye they have available to them). I've always been a whisky drinker mainly Jameson's and JW black and while in college shots of any bourbon put in from of me. Over the past year I have really gained an appreciation for bourbon and I hope to talk to you all about it.

Len

Nebraska
12-11-2006, 17:05
Welcome Len, good to have you here.

TNbourbon
12-11-2006, 17:11
...Over the past year I have really gained an appreciation for bourbon and I hope to talk to you all about it.

Len

Welcome, and stick around -- the subject of bourbon does occasionally come up here.:grin:

lbacha
12-11-2006, 17:54
I've noticed that this forum is set up so that the more you talk the more you know. Not the bronze, silver, glod like the whisky mag forum.

Ha Ha

Len

dougdog
12-12-2006, 10:35
Welcome Len,

So much information...so little time!

This site is a wonderful place, with the added bonus of the great people you can meet over time...

lbacha
12-12-2006, 14:47
I do look forward to meeting some of you. I've been a member at whisky mag and it's alittle harder to meet people there since alot of them are in europe. Here I live about 5 hrs from bourbon country. If anyone knows of any good bourbon bars in the cleveland/akron area let me know.

Len

FlashPuppy
12-12-2006, 18:42
Let me join in saying welcome aboard here! You have really found yourself a great group of people to hang out with. Stick around, I'm sure you'll learn a few things. I know I sure did...:grin: :grin: :grin:

Edward_call_me_Ed
12-12-2006, 21:29
I've noticed that this forum is set up so that the more you talk the more you know. Not the bronze, silver, gold like the whisky mag forum.

Ha Ha

Len

Welcome, Len

I am a member of Whisky Mag Forums, too. I haven't posted over there in quite a while, though. My last series of posts there weren't responded to in other posts. Fair enough, they are mostly scotch people and I was writing about bourbon for the most part. I should drop in there again soon.

One thing I like about the system here is that you move up the ladder fairly quickly at first. You are only a novice for a short time. It slows down once you are a ways up. Makes sense.

Ed

lbacha
12-13-2006, 06:34
I was just laughing at the fact that you become a more profesional bourbon drinker by posting more messages. I always found that to be funny.

Len

jbutler
12-13-2006, 09:16
I was just laughing at the fact that you become a more profesional bourbon drinker by posting more messages. I always found that to be funny.

Len

It's just a metaphor Len, nothing more.

But you do give me cause for thought. In keeping with the current state of social etiquette on the internet in general, perhaps a gradation from 'Clueless Noob' to 'Post Whore' might be more apropos.

Jeff, get on that would ya? :lol:

bluesbassdad
12-13-2006, 10:25
Jim,

In all seriousness I've always felt a little odd to carry the same title as folks who actually bring to the group the knowledge that I eagerly absorb and then comment upon.

OTOH, I certainly wouldn't suggest reviving the thread-rating system, much less expanding it to a rating of posters.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield