PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon Pricing

ej178
12-15-2006, 17:13
Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed (at least in California) that prices on several bourbons (750ml) have come down substantially. I saw Beam Black advertised at $9.99, KC at $18.99, and WT 101 at $12.99. The KC was on sale at a large grocery store chain which is not usually the place I look for deals on bourbon. The KC price tag indicated the regular price was $33.99. The Beam Black was actually less than the white lable by a buck.

Agressive pricing for the holidays? I'm certainly not complaining!

JeffRenner
12-15-2006, 19:46
Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed (at least in California) that prices on several bourbons (750ml) have come down substantially.

Where in California?

We're coming out there next week. Not that I need to bring anything back, but it would be nice to lay in a stock at our daughter and son-in-law's.

Jeff

Virus_Of_Life
12-16-2006, 02:10
I was going to ask the same thing, I wish everyone on this site would add there town and state totheir profile, it is nice to know where other's are especially when you may be in my area. :grin:

ej178
12-16-2006, 08:15
The KC was at Vons. The JB Black and WT 101 was at Longs Drug. Not sure if they are still on sale at present.

cos
12-17-2006, 10:34
Where in California?

We're coming out there next week. Not that I need to bring anything back, but it would be nice to lay in a stock at our daughter and son-in-law's.

Jeff

hey Jeff. i liked the Fats Waller quote. to add my favorite.....
sitting there at a table for 2. there was three of us, me your big feet & you..... i still love ya but your feets too big

Virus_Of_Life
12-17-2006, 12:36
Where in California?

The KC was at Vons. The JB Black and WT 101 was at Longs Drug. Not sure if they are still on sale at present.

I think he (and I) were looking for a town (or area) that you live in...:skep:

ej178
12-18-2006, 08:07
Vons and Longs Drug are state wide stores.

Rughi
12-18-2006, 09:12

Vons is a _Southern California_ chain.

Your location is now pinned down to _half_ of the most populous state in the nation.

Virus_Of_Life
12-18-2006, 12:59

Vons is a _Southern California_ chain.

Your location is now pinned down to _half_ of the most populous state in the nation.

:crazy: .... .... I now get the feeling somone is being intentionally elusive. :rolleyes:

Point taken.

TNbourbon
12-18-2006, 15:42
:crazy: .... .... I now get the feeling somone is being intentionally elusive. :rolleyes:

Point taken.

Well, them that gives, gets.

ej178
12-19-2006, 15:04
Elusive? Hardly. That's like not telling someone they sell JD at Costco so you can have more... lol. By the way, I live in Central California, not Southern and usually do not make a habit of keeping track of how far Vons has migrated North. If it is primarily a SoCal store, my apologies.

The point of the thread was to discuss, primarily, JB's aggressive pricing of their black and KC labels. I found it interesting that the black label would be less than the white. In California at least, KC can be found on sale for $20 but almost always at large discount stores such as BevMore. $19 at a grocery store chain is great but, in my experience, quite rare.

If you are going to be in (Southern/Central) California and happen into a Vons or Longs Drug, I hope these labels are still at these price points.

FlashPuppy
12-19-2006, 18:41

Point taken.

Elusive? Hardly. That's like not telling someone they sell JD at Costco so you can have more... lol. By the way, I live in Central California, not Southern and usually do not make a habit of keeping track of how far Vons has migrated North. If it is primarily a SoCal store, my apologies.

I think the point is that there are few members of this board in California, and it is nice to know who are neighibors are. It just adds a little familiararity and makes it easier to invite people over for tastings.