PDA

View Full Version : Jim Beam White vs Ten High-Advice needed

mrt
12-19-2006, 16:19
I'm about to purchase a new bottle of bourbon and I need advice. Which one of these two would you prefer? I'll mostly drink neat as usual, but I can also mix with coke, tonic, etc. sometimes.

- Ten High (comes with two "Ten High" logo tumblers-just for your info)
- Jim Beam White (comes with a special gift-style tin can on which there are drawings like Statue of Liberty, scenes from Holywood, etc.-just for your info)

BTW, the price of Ten High is %15 lower than Jim Beam White.

...or maybe I'll forget about the price and go for Jim Beam Black!

Regards,

OscarV
12-19-2006, 16:26
I'll admit that I never had the Ten High.
I know a guy from Louisiana that loves it.
I know JB Black label is toughted highly, I for one am not there with it.
Do you have any other options than those 3 mentioned?

ej178
12-19-2006, 17:00
I would buy the Ten High over Beam White. I agree with OscarV's opinion of Beam Black.

FlashPuppy
12-19-2006, 18:37
For neat drinking, the JBB would be the only option of those three.

straightwhiskeyruffneck
12-19-2006, 20:13
i think ten high beats jbw hands down

cowdery
12-19-2006, 20:31
Ten High is 4-year-old Barton whiskey. I tend to prefer it over 4-year-old Beam whiskey, but it's all a personal taste.

I find it interesting that you're getting Beam and Ten High gift boxes in Turkey. On that basis alone, I'd let you into the EU.

bobbyc
12-20-2006, 16:06
For neat drinking, the JBB would be the only option of those three.

I can drink 10 high neat, no problem, I can do the same with Beam White. I think the 10 High is easier to drink.

mrt
12-20-2006, 16:12
Ten High is 4-year-old Barton whiskey. I tend to prefer it over 4-year-old Beam whiskey, but it's all a personal taste.

I find it interesting that you're getting Beam and Ten High gift boxes in Turkey. On that basis alone, I'd let you into the EU.

Turkey; especially in big cities, lives a much more dynamic, modern, and active life including great entertainment than many countries that are in the EU at the moment. Of course, there are highly conservative regions-mostly rural areas-but that shouldn't be taken as the profile of Turkey. The image problem continues, though...

Anyway, thanks for the opinions, and special thanks to you for the admission of Turkey :)