PDA

View Full Version : three way

upstate
12-22-2006, 14:52
I will be tasting three bourbons tonight and was wondering what order I should try them in, WT 101, KC, and JBB. any ideas? thanks

FlashPuppy
12-22-2006, 15:12
Start with the bottle closest to you, and work towards the farthest away.

melting
12-22-2006, 15:19
JBB first followed by WT101 then KC

Chris

Virus_Of_Life
12-22-2006, 15:36
I've always thought three ways were best when enjoyed simultaneously... Isn't that the point?

Old Lamplighter
12-22-2006, 23:24
Personally, I always follow the rule of lowest proof to highest. So, with that in mind, JBB - KC - WT. IMHO, that order will take you also in the order of good-better-best (of those 3 respectfully). Let us know what order you decide upon, why and how it turns out.

I love 3-ways. I do one just about every night :bigeyes: and highly recommend them to maintain your health......just love the experimentation!

upstate
12-23-2006, 08:41
Here is how it went down. Third place was WT 101. The sweet, bright, vanilla taste is gone in a flash and I was left with too much char on the back of my throat. The mouthfeel of this one is also a little thinner than the others, not a deal breaker, but more is better imho. If the front matched up to the back better on this one I would like it much better. Second place, KC , would have finished first elswhere (against MM?) but to me just tastes like JBB cut with about 10% grain alchohol, so whats the point. First place JBB, I think I am definitely a Beam bourbon man, the nose on this one jumps out of the glass, very convincing cherry, raisin, and vanilla. Taste was chocolate covered cherries, just a little oak, and just enough char at the finish to keep the sweetness from running away with the show. Mouthfeel is luscious. This is all from a beginners view point granted, but thats how I see it. Responses eagerly welcomed.

Old Lamplighter
12-23-2006, 14:39
Third place was WT 101. The sweet, bright, vanilla taste is gone in a flash and I was left with too much char on the back of my throat.

Very interesting and well-put on all of them. Your evaluation of WT101 speaks the clearest to me. IMHO, hence the problem with WT101 now being 6YO :smiley_acbt: as opposed to the older 8YO version on which their fame was built. That being said, still prefer it over the Beam products.

ggilbertva
12-23-2006, 22:36
Personally, I always follow the rule of lowest proof to highest. So, with that in mind, JBB - KC - WT. IMHO, that order will take you also in the order of good-better-best (of those 3 respectfully). Let us know what order you decide upon, why and how it turns out.

I love 3-ways. I do one just about every night :bigeyes: and highly recommend them to maintain your health......just love the experimentation!

True lowest to highest but I believe you also would do wheated first then Rye, if applicable.

Old Lamplighter
12-24-2006, 01:11
True lowest to highest but I believe you also would do wheated first then Rye, if applicable.

That makes sense to me. Not applicable in this case - I think all 3 are rye recipes.

gr8erdane
12-24-2006, 01:15
I was surprised there was nothing on the order of WWGGD (what would Gary Gillman do?) to suggest that you just mingle all three and sit back and enjoy the ride!