PDA

View Full Version : Yep i am new here...

hogdogs
12-25-2006, 11:13
I found this board while doing a google search about the co that makes georgia moon shine...
I am a hog dogger and a very unsophisticated guy! I am a beer drinker but wanted a bourbon and eggnog for the holiday... Found the egg nog shelf void of ANY at walmart so planned a whiskey and coke night for Christmas Eve....
well at the liquor store I seen the 'fruit jar" and just had to try it...
I like LEGAL unaged corn liquor... Some thing about the rough rawness appeals to me...
Hope to spend some time with ya'll...
Brent

FlashPuppy
12-25-2006, 11:30
Welcome to the Board Brent! Nice to have you aboard. You will have to exscuse my ignorance though, what is a "hog dogger"?

hogdogs
12-25-2006, 11:59
Hog dog = To hunt wild/ferral hogs using only dogs...
We use curr dogs to trail them and hold them at bay and bull dogs to catch them...
We then "leg" the hog... meaning we grab the back legs and turn it on it's side. Then we tie it up or dispatch it with a knife. We NEVER have a gun with us.

FlashPuppy
12-25-2006, 12:13
Now THAT sounds like fun. I am gonna have to look you up some day.

hogdogs
12-25-2006, 14:36
I am in the Fla panhandle west end... Feel free to "look me up" I always like to show the sport to a curious guy! It is a hoot! We generally run the dogs at night... It is easier on them as it is cooler but traversing swamps is harder on us humans! Dang beaver ponds really are deeper than they look!
The way we generally like it to go is we slow stroll along until we hear the bay dogs baying then get as close as possible then drop snaps on the bull dogs and run in behind them and grab the hog!
Often the hog hears us or the bull dogs coming and "breaks bay" then we hope to leash the bulldogs and chase after the bay dogs and hog... It truly is a fun way to run drunk through the darkness!!!
Brent