PDA

View Full Version : Fng Alert!!

IronHead
01-09-2007, 18:24
Hello all!

Name's Mike and I am from Louisvlle, KY. I started getting into Bourbon roughly 10-12 years ago. I'm not a stranger to the SB website, but just realized there was a forum attached!

Currently I am fixating on Noah's Mill and the bottle of George T. Stagg that I just picked up after nearly a year's search. For whatever reason I always seemed to miss the releases...

Anyhoo, I look forward to checking out the boards, learning some stuff and BSing about Bourbon.

I'll search the boards later, but I am also interested in what other spirits Bourbon drinkers enjoy...if such talk is allowed :grin:

ggilbertva
01-09-2007, 19:24
Welcome Ironhead. Other spirits? Well, bourbon is my first love but I also enjoy a good rum and I have a small selection of Scotch. I haven't tried the Noah's Mill but the Stagg is right fine pour. Tonight for me was Eagle Rare 17 (ER17) and some Van Winkle Lot B. Cheers.

FlashPuppy
01-09-2007, 20:47
First off, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!

Second, the other spirits which I enjoy are: Bourbon, Rye, Tennesee Whiskey, any other American Whiskey, Bourbon again and finally Bourbon.

T47
01-09-2007, 21:24
Wecome! Bourbons my first choice and tonight I am enjoying a nice pour of VW Lot B...I also enjoy Irish Whiskey...Red Breast my current favorite of those. I envy you your location....
:toast:

Edward_call_me_Ed
01-09-2007, 22:46
Hello all!

I'll search the boards later, but I am also interested in what other spirits Bourbon drinkers enjoy...if such talk is allowed :grin:

Welcome Mike!

Look at the forum pages, you will have to scroll down, and you will see Other American Whiskey, Other American Whiskey Tasting, Foreign Whiskey, and Non-Whiskey Alcohol.

Ed

Virus_Of_Life
01-10-2007, 12:39
OK I am replying because I cannot figure out what "Fng" means? I have one vulgar idea in my mind, but not sure if that is the meaning.

As for what I drink, it's bourbon or rye for whiskey. Don't care for scotch or Irish. Love beer and love tequuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaa .

ILLfarmboy
01-10-2007, 15:56
Welcome aboard Mike.

I drink mostly bourbon and rye, occasionally Irish (favorite is Redbreast) , scotch, and brandy once in a blue moon. never acquired a taste for beer (I'm probably in the minority there) and red wine every so often.

IronHead
01-10-2007, 17:23
Virus, FNG= F'ing New Guy

Old Lamplighter
01-10-2007, 22:14
Virus, FNG= F'ing New Guy

Welcome Ironhead to the finest board east and west of the Pecos! Glad you informed as to the meaning of FNG. I am still in that category as well on here so I am familiar with those letters as well.....just waiting on you to clear up the mystery!

My favorites are bourbon, bourbon and well........more bourbon. Occasionally, in the summer months, I will hit a bottle or two of Tanqueray (sp?) for some G & Ts.

Edward_call_me_Ed
01-11-2007, 07:54
Welcome Ironhead to the finest board east and west of the Pecos! Glad you informed as to the meaning of FNG. I am still in that category as well on here so I am familiar with those letters as well.....just waiting on you to clear up the mystery!

My favorites are bourbon, bourbon and well........more bourbon. Occasionally, in the summer months, I will hit a bottle or two of Tanqueray (sp?) for some G & Ts.

That is a nice gin. And a nice drink. You should try a Tanqueray martini next time it gets hot!

Ed

IronHead
01-13-2007, 08:40
Bourbon is tops on my list, however I am recently getting into aged rums and rye.

I'm a "beer snob" from way back and was actually never really a whiskey drinker until I started drinking single malts 14 or so years ago. From there I moved to Bourbon and found that I had really lost my taste for Scotch.

Randy_Ricchi
01-15-2007, 19:51
I first heard of the term "FNG" whilst reading Vietnam war stories. Not sure if the term originated in that war, but am guessing it's a military term. Just curious, are you a Vietnam vet, or a military guy, or had you just heard the term the same way I did, through reading?

IronHead
01-17-2007, 17:44
I was 5 or 6 when Vietnam ended. My dad was a career soldier, but I probably read it or heard it somewhere.