PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all

amusinglisa
02-07-2007, 22:41
I am like my bourbon, having gone through a Jim Beam stage in college, followed by Maker's Mark in grad school and for a couple of years. I would rather drink a mediocre scotch than Jack Daniels and prefer Basil Hayden so far, though I have not yet tried many of the varieties discussed here.

Having bartended several years, I got familiar with a lot of really good scotches, but finding a place where decent or even (gasp) good bourbon can be had is a challenge.

I am looking forward to a lot of learning here and am very happy to have found you.

TNbourbon
02-07-2007, 22:43
...but, finding a place where decent or even (gasp) good bourbon can be had is a challenge...

Good bourbon can be had here, at almost any gathering of SB.com'ers. Welcome.

amusinglisa
02-07-2007, 23:05
Thanks, Tim. I will keep on reading.

mozilla
02-09-2007, 12:09
Welcome amusinglisa, you can find out all sorts of fabulous recomendations here at SB.com in the members profiles section. If you like Basil Haydens then I would suggest Old Grand Dad. It is suggested they come from the same mashbill. I would agree.
Also, there are many ryes that are just mouth watering. Do your research and try not to get hooked with the bourbon bug. Good luck!
Jeff Mo.