PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Blanton's Horse Corks

Phischy
05-16-2007, 14:21
Out of curiousity, has anyone collected all 8 of the Blanton Horse topped corks? I was thinking of slowly doing this and building a Kentucky Derby single lane horse track showing them off. Pics?

snakster
05-16-2007, 15:35
Out of curiousity, has anyone collected all 8 of the Blanton Horse topped corks? I was thinking of slowly doing this and building a Kentucky Derby single lane horse track showing them off. Pics?
Oh snap, there are different ones? That's information I'd have been better off not knowing. Now I have an urge to get all 8. Thanks a lot.

:banghead:

scratchline
05-16-2007, 15:52
Just visit the Buffalo Trace Distillery and pick them up in the gift shop.

Phischy
05-16-2007, 15:56
I didn't see them for sale in the gift shop....either way, i think hunting for them is more fun...and more enjoyable!

next to the Horse's rear hoof is a little circle w/ a letter in it, the letters spell out BLANTONS. There are 2 different 'N's one has 2 dots next to it. The tour guide told us that they represent the Kentucky Derby, from leaving the gate to crossing the finish line. Anyway, that's how you tell them apart.

SBOmarc
05-16-2007, 18:33
I spent time and too many dollars looking to complete my set. I did so and soon after that received the holder from the gift shop at BT for Christmas last year. Along with it you get a complete set of the corks.

Wish I had known.

pepcycle
05-17-2007, 14:11
I have all 8 and BT was gracious enough to mount them on a barrel stave in order of a horse race.
In an unfortunate accident, the "s" horse threw its jockey and broke off its hand, which was raised in victory.
I am now looking for a new S. (That sounds a little odd)
It appears that they are the rarest cork.
Collect away.
Ed

barturtle
05-17-2007, 14:25
I was in their gift shop today and they do have a basket full of the stoppers for sale, but you would have to search through to see if they are all in there.

SBOmarc
05-17-2007, 14:42
I have all 8 and BT was gracious enough to mount them on a barrel stave in order of a horse race.
In an unfortunate accident, the "s" horse threw its jockey and broke off its hand, which was raised in victory.
I am now looking for a new S. (That sounds a little odd)
It appears that they are the rarest cork.
Collect away.
Ed

I have 3 spare "S" 's if you need one..

HighTower
05-18-2007, 05:42
here's the link to buy the stoppers with the display online
http://www.blantonsbourbon.com/CMS/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=38
994 available for immediate delivery

$75

Scott

snakster
05-18-2007, 07:05
here's the link to buy the stoppers with the display online
http://www.blantonsbourbon.com/CMS/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=38
994 available for immediate delivery

$75

Scott
Not bad considering it would cost me $320 plus tax to get them individually; plus you get a groovy display.

Bob O.
05-18-2007, 12:27
Not bad considering it would cost me $320 plus tax to get them individually; plus you get a groovy display.
You would miss out on all of that Whiskey though!

snakster
05-18-2007, 16:30
Indeed; and there's something to be said for that.

mjomalle
05-18-2007, 17:06
"Corks" can easily be mistaken for something else that is a more adult-oriented. With that in mind the thread title is a bit funny.

tango-papa
05-18-2007, 21:37
"Corks" can easily be mistaken for something else that is a more adult-oriented. With that in mind the thread title is a bit funny.

Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!:slappin:

Edward_call_me_Ed
05-20-2007, 09:17
I went through my box of Blanton's horsies the other day. I would like to buy a vowel...

I am only missing an A. I will just wait till one comes my way in the natural course of drinking fine bourbon.

Ed

bluesbassdad
05-20-2007, 19:05
Ed,

Where are the letters located?

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

boone
05-20-2007, 20:08
I went through my box of Blanton's horses the other day. I would like to buy a vowel...

I am only missing an A. I will just wait till one comes my way in the natural course of drinking fine bourbon.

Ed

They've got a basket full of the letter (horse) corks in the BT gift shop. I saw them the day we picked the PVW 23 Barrels :grin:

barturtle
05-21-2007, 13:59
Ed,

Where are the letters located?

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Right by the horses foot.

bluesbassdad
05-21-2007, 20:18
I see it now. Mine's an "L".

They are so tiny, I'm guessing their only role is to ensure that the figures are placed in the proper order so the horse's stride looks right.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

OscarV
05-22-2007, 14:48
I can't quite figure out what mine is.
It looks like the letter N with a smaller 2 beside it.
But the line of the 2 that connects the upper half circle and the bottom flat line is longer than it should be that makes a 2.
Is this maybe the second N followed by some sort of apostophre for the S to follow?:searching:

Phischy
05-22-2007, 15:46
Damn, I can't believe I missed the basket when I was there!

And yes, when I titled this thread I made sure everything was spelled correctly....b/c from a glance it does look disturbing....

oldironstomach
05-22-2007, 16:27
It looks like the letter N with a smaller 2 beside it.
... Is this maybe the second N ... ?
I believe that is indeed the second N. Note that only the L through S are "in stride"...the B shows the relaxed horse and rider making their way to the starting gate, while the S adds the jockey's fist raised in victory at the finish.