PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to show off....

HighTower
06-17-2007, 05:30
my new bourbon display cabinet I got last weekend.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/dickheadofthemonth/Cabinet1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/dickheadofthemonth/Cabinet2.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/dickheadofthemonth/Cabinet3.jpg

What do you guys think?

Scott

Edward_call_me_Ed
06-17-2007, 05:40
I think it is a lovely cabinet and a lovely collection. I was going to point out that none of them are open, but a second look proved me wrong.

Sure looks nicer than the clutter of bottles on the floor of my book room...

Ed

camduncan
06-17-2007, 05:49
Damm fine cabinet Scott - congratulations! Can't wait to see it in person :D
ps... the bottles look great too ;)

ratcheer
06-17-2007, 06:34
Gorgeous!

Tim

Barrel_Proof
06-17-2007, 06:57
A handsome display, indeed! Good show, mate!

OscarV
06-17-2007, 07:49
Very nice Scott.
Do you have another set-up for all the Wild Turkeys?

barturtle
06-17-2007, 08:23
Thats a very nice, well displayed collection.

Is that a Guitar Hero Controller I spy there?

RedVette
06-17-2007, 09:31
That is an extremely attractive cabinet. Even the "wife acceptance factor" on that one is very high. Good Job.

jburlowski
06-17-2007, 12:01
Sweet.... very sweet.

tango-papa
06-17-2007, 12:16
That looks fantastic and I second the request for the "Turkey" display!

~tp

Hyperspace
06-17-2007, 12:17
Top of the line man! Totally the bomb!

___

mier
06-17-2007, 13:58
Very nice cabinet and very yummie whiskey`s.

jwrussell
06-17-2007, 16:22
Wow, incredible!

ggilbertva
06-17-2007, 19:35
Nice display. Unfortunately, my opens are in the dining room pantry and the bunkered are buried in boxes and cabinets in the basement....not very pretty.

HighTower
06-17-2007, 19:40
Very nice Scott.
Do you have another set-up for all the Wild Turkeys?
Yeah, they are on top of my other cabinets... I will take a photo now the MDS is in there...

Thats a very nice, well displayed collection.

Is that a Guitar Hero Controller I spy there?
Hell yeah it is \m/_ Guitar Hero rocks _\m/

Scott

HighTower
06-17-2007, 19:50
That is an extremely attractive cabinet. Even the "wife acceptance factor" on that one is very high. Good Job.
Rob, my wife suggested we go get the cabinet, as the bottles seemed to be taking over the house. Now, they have their own home :grin:

HighTower
06-17-2007, 20:12
Here's the crazy birds...
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/dickheadofthemonth/Turkeybottles.jpg
And here's a nice little cabinet, they originally came with an 86.8 proof, 8yo 101 and a Rare Breed. I prefer this set-up:grin:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/dickheadofthemonth/TurkeyCabinet.jpg

There's one of the flock that keeps flying away from me, the Wild Turkey Heritage. If anyone can get a hold of one for me, I would greatly appreciate it! Also if anyone has a Stampede that they would like to trade, PM me.

Cheers!

Scott

tango-papa
06-17-2007, 21:11
That is a :bowdown: F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C :bowdown:Wild Turkey collection!

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling/listing what's what?

There's several bottles in there I've never seen and would love to know about!

~tp

HighTower
06-17-2007, 21:55
Ok, starting from top left, moving left to right, top to bottom.
Wild Turkey 80 Proof
Wild Turkey 86.8 Proof
Wild Turkey 101
Wild Turkey 101 Rye
Wild Turkey 101 8yo (Signed by Jimmy)
Wild Turkey 101 12yo split label (Signed by Jimmy)
Wild Turkey RR 101
Wild Turkey RR 90
Wild Turkey Tradition (this came from Germany, 101 proof NAS. dated 1996)
Wild Turkey Tribute 15yo (Japan version 110 proof)
Wild Turkey Tribute 15yo (US version 101 proof)
Wild Turkey 17yo (Japan only, 101. That is pewter on the bottom and on the stopper!)
Wild Turkey Freedom (blend of 7-13yo bourbon. 103 proof. DFS Galleria release.This bottle is signed by Jimmy.)
Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit 101 (2004)
Wild Turkey Kentucky Legend 101 (Also from Germany. Dated 1993)
Wild Turkey Kentucky Legend SB Barrel Proof (Japan release 109.8 proof? kinda hard to read)
Wild Turkey Rare Breed (WT-01-97 signed by Jimmy)
Wild Turkey Master Distiller Selection (Japan only 14yo 107 proof)
Wild Turkey Sherry Signature - 10yo finished in sheery casks with olorosso sherry added
Wild Turkey Honey Liquer
Wild Turkey American Honey (replaced Honey Liquer)

BourbonJoe
06-18-2007, 05:28
WOW!!! Great collection.
Joe :usflag:

ILLfarmboy
06-18-2007, 05:49
Awesome collection!!

jwrussell
06-18-2007, 06:46
Truly amazing. I love the set up but I just couldn't stand it if it were me. I'm a collector at heart, but when it comes to bourbon I like to drink the stuff. I'd be constantly having to replace bottles! lol.

Bob O.
06-18-2007, 13:18
Beautiful!

NickAtMartinis
06-18-2007, 13:49
Wow, that's pretty cool. I currently have my bottles in a storage room!

OscarV
06-18-2007, 17:11
Damn! Scott!, your Turkey collection is just to awesome.

mred
06-18-2007, 20:10
Awesome!!!

TNbourbon
06-18-2007, 20:20
Scott, if I had an outfit like that, I might show off more of my bottles instead of drinking them. The good news is that I'm able to drink away my sorrow at not having an outfit like that...:skep:

camduncan
06-18-2007, 20:29
I've never been a big fan of WT, but Scott's collection definately inspires me to put together a few bottles. (btw, it's even more impressive in person!!!)

Scott, you should post a pic of your JD collection whilst you are at it ;)

Pastor Bourbon
06-18-2007, 20:38
Sure bests my pantry shelf ;)

tango-papa
06-18-2007, 22:06
Wild Turkey Tradition (this came from Germany, 101 proof NAS. dated 1996)
Wild Turkey 17yo (Japan only, 101. That is pewter on the bottom and on the stopper!)
Wild Turkey Kentucky Legend 101 (Also from Germany. Dated 1993)
Wild Turkey Kentucky Legend SB Barrel Proof (Japan release 109.8 proof? kinda hard to read)
Wild Turkey Master Distiller Selection (Japan only 14yo 107 proof)

Might you know if any of 'these' bottlings are still available?
I'm particularly interested in the 17 year old... I likes me some Pewter!!!
Well, the Master Distiller looks like a good one too!
Oh, and the Barrel Proof, yeah the barrel proof is probably a good one!
And, and, and...
Oh man, now I'm really thirsty...:slappin:

~tp

HighTower
06-19-2007, 06:24
Might you know if any of 'these' bottlings are still available?
I'm particularly interested in the 17 year old... I likes me some Pewter!!!
Well, the Master Distiller looks like a good one too!
Oh, and the Barrel Proof, yeah the barrel proof is probably a good one!
And, and, and...
Oh man, now I'm really thirsty...:slappin:

~tp
The WT 17 can still be found, but comes at a price. There's only been 1 bottle on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Wild-Turkey-17-yrs-101-proof-JPN-only-limited-ED_W0QQitemZ280073581512QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3883QQr dZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem) for the last 12 months, at the low low price of US$680. I have got a few bottles from this seller, and he has been great to deal with. I did not purchase my 17yo from him, I certainly didn't pay that price. He currently has a few other bottles listed, including a Tradition and some Master Distiller Selection. I think I got his last barrel proof KY legend, and I haven't seen one since. He did have a KY Legend 101 until recently, but someone snapped that up. He seems to get stuff all the time, so if you are interested, keep an eye on his stuff. I have even seen him list a WT Stampede and Heritage.

Scott

OscarV
06-19-2007, 16:58
He did have a KY Legend 101 until recently, but someone snapped that up.

Scott

Hmmm,... I wonder who that could have been?

BTW it looks great with the rest of my flock. :grin:

doubleblank
06-19-2007, 19:16
Nice WT collection.

For those who haven't seen a Stampede, here's a photo. Comes in a 500ml bottle with the ceramic closure like a large Grolsch bottle. 105 proof.

Randy

PS.....Sorry Scott, I only have one.

HighTower
06-19-2007, 19:47
I saw an empty one on ebay once in the UK, and it went for 0.99P
Why did I not buy it? Stuffed if I know.

Nice bottle Randy!

Scott

tango-papa
06-19-2007, 21:54
Nice WT collection.

For those who haven't seen a Stampede, here's a photo. Comes in a 500ml bottle with the ceramic closure like a large Grolsch bottle. 105 proof.

Randy

PS.....Sorry Scott, I only have one.

I've never seen that one either...

Scott and Randy,
"Da two a yutes" have my thanks for the Wild Turkey enlightenment you have bestowed upon us! Those are indeed some really neat bottles!

Randy, is that Stampede something from a DFS and/or Duty Free special bottling or was it something once available here? As always, just curious about these neat bottlings.

~tp

doubleblank
06-19-2007, 22:08
I think it is a Japan release. I traded a Freedom to Koji for it years ago.

BTW, the Freedom ranks right behind Tribute as my favorite WT special relase. Jimmy Russel says many of these specialty bottlings are from their marketing dept. The DF shops and WT marketing dream up a new package and he has to fill it. IOW, he's not too fond of many of these unique bottlings. He does like Tribute and has a funny story behind the selection of whiskeys for it too. He didn't know he was picking special barrels for a "tribute" to him.......he was told it was a 150th aniversary bottling.

Randy

PS......We do need to get Scott a cheesy gold foil label 12yo for his collection.

tango-papa
06-19-2007, 22:26
PS......We do need to get Scott a cheesy gold foil label 12yo for his collection.

I concur - have one and will be picking up 2 more soon that I recently located - one in pristine condition, still wrapped in tissue and in the tube.

I reckon the tube would look good in Australia, eh?

What say you Scott? Cheesy gold label for your flock?

Great idea Randy!

~tp

HighTower
06-19-2007, 23:02
I concur - have one and will be picking up 2 more soon that I recently located - one in pristine condition, still wrapped in tissue and in the tube.

I reckon the tube would look good in Australia, eh?

What say you Scott? Cheesy gold label for your flock?

Great idea Randy!

~tp

Hell yeah, I'd love one of them if you can lay your hands on it and are willing to trade. I'm sure we can come up with something. Any Australian releases you want??
I can still get RR 101 here....in plentiful supply. They sent the last batches of it to Australia.

Thanks for the thought!

Scott

Brennan77
06-21-2007, 20:00
Wow...great collection and great cabinet. I'm especially impressed by all the Wild Turkey-ism going on in this thread. I wasn't aware of half of the bottles mentioned. Rock on!

HighTower
06-22-2007, 05:50
Freedom ranks right behind Tribute as my favorite WT special relase.
Cam has an open bottle of Freedom, and was kind enough to let me try some, and I must say I prefer Kentucky Spirit. I haven't had the pleasure of trying the Tribute, if I can get another I will open the one I have here to sample it....but I don't like my chances. If I win lotto Victor might end up getting $160 for a signed bottle:lol:

Scott

OscarV
06-22-2007, 12:45
Besides the Gold Foil there is another bottle that you may want to look out for.
Released in the early '90's one known as "The Shadow Label".
It's 12 year old, 101 proof.

nor02lei
06-22-2007, 14:47
Besides the Gold Foil there is another bottle that you may want to look out for.

Oscar,

Shadow label 12 years old? Never heard of it. Do you have any father information?

Leif

OscarV
06-23-2007, 05:27
All I know about it is the stats. I have never had any, but it has recieved high praise.
I have attached a thumbnail to click on to see what it looks like.
I got the pic off another site, all apologizes to them for this theft and I hope it is OK to post it here on SB.com.

Opps,...sorry Jim.
Here's the link.

http://bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/DBvd.php?id=32&task=displaybottling

jbutler
06-23-2007, 09:06
All I know about it is the stats. I have never had any, but it has recieved high praise.
I got the pic off another site, all apologizes to them for this theft and I hope it is OK to post it here on SB.com.

No, it's not OK. No harm done, but next time a link would be preferable. Allow me to remind everyone of the rules (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum_rules.html) which you all agreed to when registering an account here at SB:

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Straightbourbon.com

OscarV
06-23-2007, 09:48
Thanks for the reminder Jim, I posted a link above in that post.

boone
06-23-2007, 13:53
Very beautiful Scott :grin: :grin: It won't be long that you'll have a few "trinkets" to showcase in there...but then again...a few of 'em you will have to wear and "show off" :grin: :grin: :grin:

Found a "Fighting Cock" bandanna while I was digging thru my stuff to send your way...and a FC tee but it will be too small for your 6' 8" (?) bone structure :grin: :grin: :grin: Still sending it though and one for Cameron :grin:

I know...don't go there! :slappin: :slappin:

Hedmans Brorsa
06-24-2007, 04:22

What a weird label! Looks more like a damage of some sort.

Anyway, nice collection, Scott. Only let down, of course, by the absence of Cougars. ;)

HighTower
06-24-2007, 04:58
Anyway, nice collection, Scott. Only let down, of course, by the absence of Cougars. ;)
But I can get that stuff off the shelf here....:grin:

Scott

HighTower
06-24-2007, 05:12
Scott, you should post a pic of your JD collection whilst you are at it ;)
Alright Cam, you've twisted my arm:lol: that really took some convincing. I have posted them in the "Other American Whiskey" section, just to be fair.
They are here (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=91617#post91617).

Scott

nor02lei
06-24-2007, 13:51

Opps,...sorry Jim.
Here's the link.

http://bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/DBvd.php?id=32&task=displaybottling

Thank you very much Oscar. When I saw the picture I did remember seeing it in some picture before. Maybe on ebay or from the same place as your link

Leif

Stu
06-24-2007, 16:05
Scott,

You have some beautiful collections of bourbon. Unfortunately, where I live it would be illegal to display them, therefore I'd have to drink them all! Seriously, thanks for sharing and helping my bourbon education - I never even heard of many of those bottles.

Stu

bigtoys
07-03-2007, 21:17
Nice collection. Bet Hunter S. Thompson would have enjoyed them (the WT's) with you.

creativeglass
02-29-2008, 03:11
Hey scott, here are a couple for your cabinet.

Thesh
02-29-2008, 23:15
http://realmofthesh.com/whiskies

Those pics are about a year old or so.... I think.

Tracy Hightower
03-01-2008, 08:46
Hightower,

Us Hightower's seem to have no qualms about testing the weight limit of our glass shelves. :)

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5100&d=1201887721

HighTower
03-01-2008, 14:21
Nice work, Tracy. I figure those shelves were made to put stuff on.
I have another glass shelf with my JD bottles on it, and the weight of the maxwells house decanter has that shelf bowing.....

I love your Crown Royal setup down the bottom.
Is it - cask no 16, regular, XR and SR??

I have changed the top shelf in my cabinet, it is all Four Roses now, and there's also a Blanton's SFTB in it now.

Which BTECs are those you have?
I just got a pair of Zins, with the intention of drinking them, but my wife thinks I shouldn't as "they look cute" :lol:

Scott

Tracy Hightower
03-01-2008, 16:39
Thanks,

You are correct on the Crown Royal. The BTEC is the same ones you have.