PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Entropy
06-29-2007, 17:14
Hello all,

I've been lurking here a long time, and finally got it together to register.

I've been into bourbon for about the last fifteen years and have managed to accumulate about 100 bottles over the last decade or so. Gotta say that I just love the stuff. :grin:

Looking forward to posting and maybe the KYBF this year!

TNbourbon
06-29-2007, 17:47
Welcome and, yes, please post. Your gentlemanly appreciation for our favorite libation will be welcomed by all.

bluesbassdad
06-29-2007, 18:14
Welcome!

May I assume from your screen name that your 100 bottles are arrayed in a state of ever-increasing disorder? :grin:

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

NeoTexan
06-29-2007, 18:35
Welcome!

May I assume from your screen name that your 100 bottles are arrayed in a state of ever-increasing disorder? :grin:

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield
Could be something's lost in his message. :grin: :grin:

Entropy
06-29-2007, 18:35
Welcome!

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield
Very clever Dave. :grin:

Actually, I chose the name because I am currently prevented from drinking by my doctor's order. In this case, it's a measurement of the amount of energy unavailable to do useful work in a system.

The energy being my bourbon collection, and the system of course, my body. All the physicists in the room are just going to have to see the humor in that one, and not take my re-definition too literally. :lol:

Your point is well taken however. I've got my bottles in about ten places in the house, and other than those in the kitchen cabinet which I use for cooking, there is no discernible mechanism of organization.

ggilbertva
06-29-2007, 18:45
hmmm..organization of one's bourbon collection. Well, I guess I'm a major dork because I've got my collection documented in an excel spreadsheet with all the relavent data captured;

Name
Distiller
Year bottled
Proof
DSP
UPC
Place purchased
Date purchase
Price
Quantity purchased
Comments

Anyone else a "bourbon dork"? My next thought was to create an Access db and include pictures and tasting notes. How's that for bourbon dork-dom?

By the way...Welcome to SB!

Entropy
06-29-2007, 19:00
hmmm..organization of one's bourbon collection. Well, I guess I'm a major dork because I've got my collection documented in an excel spreadsheet with all the relavent data captured;

Name
Distiller
Year bottled
Proof
DSP
UPC
Place purchased
Date purchase
Price
Quantity purchased
Comments

Anyone else a "bourbon dork"? My next thought was to create an Access db and include pictures and tasting notes. How's that for bourbon dork-dom?

By the way...Welcome to SB!

You win Greg. :lol:

I guess I used the term "collection" too hastily. "Set" would be more accurate, as I don't collect anything, and never have in my entire lifespan. So there, I have a set of bourbon bottlings in various states of fill, and the upper bound on that set is currently ~100.

Somehow I feel less in need of therapy now. :grin:

Ed

barturtle
06-29-2007, 19:39
Okay, I'll go ahead with it:

Name, Age, Proof, Distiller, Bottler, Distilling/barreling date, Bottling date, vintage, how many. I don't keep track of prices (I prefer to pretend that they were all free)

I also have an average age formula and average proof formula, both of which are split between my two residences and a composite as well.