PDA

View Full Version : Question on Booker's?

NickAtMartinis
07-30-2007, 14:31
I checked the BOTM and searched (I love to research) but I couldn't find anything about the style of Bookers. Is it a wheater or ryed bourbon?

Thanks,

The other Mark Brown

barturtle
07-30-2007, 14:51
To the best of my knowledge Beam makes no wheated bourbon...at least none that they sell under their own labels anyway...so Bookers is a ryed bourbon.

NickAtMartinis
07-30-2007, 15:37
To the best of my knowledge Beam makes no wheated bourbon...at least none that they sell under their own labels anyway...so Bookers is a ryed bourbon.

Thanks, Timothy. I love Stagg and thought about buying Booker's since it's barrel-proof. Though I am a fan of wheathers, I really enjoyed Stagg (ryed bourbon).

Do you know if there is more of a strong rye flavor like WT or more of a Stagg-like flavor?

cowdery
07-30-2007, 20:16
Do you know if there is more of a strong rye flavor like WT or more of a Stagg-like flavor?

There's quite a bit of a Jim Beam-like flavor, which means it contains rye but not much of a rye flavor note.

NickAtMartinis
07-31-2007, 15:42
There's quite a bit of a Jim Beam-like flavor, which means it contains rye but not much of a rye flavor note.

Thanks Chuck. That clears things up. Believe it or not, I haven't had just regular old Jim Beam. However, I've had Knob Creek which is a JB product and I liked it. I'll have to pick some up.

drli
08-01-2007, 19:05
bookers is by far my favorite from Jim Beam. I really like it and it is worth a try. I dont think you will be sorry if you like Stagg. Actually opened a bottle tonight. Costco has a 3 bottle set of Booker, Baker, and Basil for $99.

NickAtMartinis
08-02-2007, 06:18
bookers is by far my favorite from Jim Beam. I really like it and it is worth a try. I dont think you will be sorry if you like Stagg. Actually opened a bottle tonight. Costco has a 3 bottle set of Booker, Baker, and Basil for $99.

Thanks for the info. I tried Costco here and they don't have a set, but that was a couple months ago. I'll try calling again.

ggilbertva
08-02-2007, 06:59

2 out of 3 aint bad. I'd rather pay $66 and leave the Basil behind.

jburlowski
08-03-2007, 17:20
2 out of 3 aint bad. I'd rather pay $66 and leave the Basil behind.

Send the BH to me... I'm one of the few who is willing to admit that I like it!