PDA

View Full Version : older newb

mulbish
08-16-2007, 07:48
Hey all,

I stumbled across this site while looking for information on bourbon. What a find! Looks like lots of good information and nice folks.

I love bourbon. I get tired of wine and beer. And I never have been one for the frilly drinks. I like my bourbon with a few cubes of ice, possibly a splash of water, sometimes neat, but never with soda even if it is considered lower grade.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hey". I really like all that I have read so far and think I will learn a great deal here and now know what a knowledge deficit I have in regards to bourbon.

I doubt I will ever have the amounts of bourbon on hand that some of you keep. I generally just pick up a pint for a weekend here and there. This weekend it is OF 86, the one before last was Buffalo Trace, before that was Knob Creek, then Makers, and then there was Woodford a month or so back. I'm not sure which I liked more, I pretty much like 'em all :cool:. But I think from here on out I will be paying closer attention to certain details and taking notes.

Thanks for all the sharing done here, it's a real education!

Bill

ggilbertva
08-16-2007, 10:56
Bill,

Welcome to SB. I too came to this board some time ago looking to increase my knowledge of bourbon and the result has been an increase in my collection (bunker) of bourbon; I've made some friends in person and online here on SB; have done some nice trades with the folks here; and have had the good fortune to experience different bourbons that took me beyond the typical Wild Turkey or Jim Beam.

You will find that the members here are very generous, willing to help and share a common passion for bourbon. Enjoy your stay, use the search function and don't be afraid to ask questions.

ratcheer
08-16-2007, 15:12
Welcome aboard, Bill. Looks like you are in the capital of bourbon! I bet you can find a great variety of choices.

Tim

TNbourbon
08-16-2007, 17:54
...I generally just pick up a pint for a weekend here and there. This weekend it is OF 86, the one before last was Buffalo Trace, before that was Knob Creek, then Makers, and then there was Woodford a month or so back. I'm not sure which I liked more, I pretty much like 'em all :cool:...

I'm trying my darnedest to advance to that level of enjoyment (though I will maintain my Stitzel-Weller bunker as long as fiscally and availability-possible).
Don't be so sure you have nothing to teach us.

ACDetroit
08-16-2007, 19:28
Welcome Bill, sounds like you tried quite a few great bottles. Donít let the BUNKERS intimidate you all these guys are professionals (complementary)! The learning from this group is endless. As a newb to the site myself but find myself reading old post and learning new stuff every day.

Keep us in the loop on your next pint? I say Eagle Rare 10yr. (but Iím bias).

mulbish
08-18-2007, 09:01
:thankyousign:...for the warm welcomes and comments.

Eagle Rare 10yr, huh? I'll keep an eye out for that and report back. :searching:

Martian
08-18-2007, 13:57
I never realized how much there is to learn about bourbon and whiskey in general. There is a lot of knowledge and experience here. SB.com has become one of my favorite internet stops, and usually daily.