PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon security

HighTower
08-30-2007, 07:38
I found a great way to protect the stash, but after he nearly knocked over a Lot B and a Pappy 15, it was time to go back in his own cabinet.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/dickheadofthemonth/security.jpg

Scott

DrinkyBanjo
08-30-2007, 09:37
Cool, is that an Aussie snake? I hear you guys have very strict policies on pet reptiles. Is that only for export or local as well.

HighTower
08-30-2007, 16:08
Yes Tim, it is an Australian snake, a spotted python. He's a variety of a children's python, he is fully grown at around 1.3m and you can see the girth compared to the bottles.

You do need a license to keep reptiles, it's a fairly simple process to get one; you pay the man and you get a license. After I got him I wanted to buy a bigger Olive python...the ones that grow to 6ft and up, but my wife wasn't to keen on that. Probably a good move, a snake that big may have eaten the Pappy :grin:

Scott

snakster
08-30-2007, 18:32
Wow, my corn snake (Cornwallis) is bigger than a spotted python.

HighTower
08-30-2007, 19:37
A corn snake sounds like it would be a good bourbon defender!:lol:

Scott

DrinkyBanjo
08-31-2007, 06:30
I'm particularly fond of Monitor Lizards (Goannas) myself and used to have a few different ones that were available to the American market. The only problem with them, or any pet for that matter, is that to care for them properly it takes a lot of time. I was in Australia a few years back and was looking forward to seeing some in the wild. I was a bit discouraged as we didn't see any for the majority of the trip, except in zoos of course. During the tail end of the trip I did manage to see a Sand Goanna at the Alice Springs airport of all places! I couldn't believe it we were sitting at the gate waiting for our flight and a lizard is wandering about outside.

Very cool.

snakster
08-31-2007, 19:31
A corn snake sounds like it would be a good bourbon defender!:lol:

Scott
The exact same thought occurred to me. I'd like to say it played a part, but I'm not nearly that clever.