PDA

View Full Version : Hi y'all

cousin it
09-01-2007, 04:33
I'm just a country boy who has drank Bourbon for years. I grew up in Bluegrass country and it was the drink that everyone drank. I started off drinking Old Taylor when I was a teen(it was cheap), then switched to Makers in college, after that it was 101WT. I don't think I have ever tasted anything Jimmy Russell made that I didn't like. I like to cut mine with a splash of water; in the spring and summer I add a sprig of mint. I'm here to learn more about the drink that I love. I've always said that if Heaven could taste like anything, It would be a good stiff 101 and water. I quit drinking for 10 or 12 years and stated back about a year ago. I don't drink that much, usually about a bottle a week. Some of my favorites are Knob Creek, Rare Breed, Woodford, 4 Roses, and of course my beloved WT. I hope I can add to the dicussion.

ratcheer
09-01-2007, 06:29
Welcome to SB.com! I'm with you, a big fan of Jimmy Russell's products.

Tim

melting
09-01-2007, 08:35
Yes, welcome. You'll learn a great deal here and get plenty of ideas of new things to try. I've also experimented with many other types of spirits from reading posts and interacting with other members here.

I too am quite a fan of the Wild Turkey range of products. In my opinion they are usually the best values out there.

Chris

bluesbassdad
09-01-2007, 14:25
Welcome!

Did Rare Breed appear on the market during your hiatus? In your opinion how does it compare with WT101?

I like RB, but I don't think it has the WT house flavor profile. More fruit and honey; less leather and must.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

mozilla
09-01-2007, 18:09
Glad to have on board. I like the Turkey rye!
Jeff Mo.

cousin it
09-02-2007, 16:09
Welcome!

Did Rare Breed appear on the market during your hiatus? In your opinion how does it compare with WT101?

I like RB, but I don't think it has the WT house flavor profile. More fruit and honey; less leather and must.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Yes, I think RB, was introduced during my "hiatus". I am really just learning the qualitative aspects of whiskeys, so my palate is a bit imature, if you will, but RB does taste a bit "sweeter". I don't have any WT on hand to do a side be side comparison, but too, I tend to notice that RB leaves a more distinct buttery flavor on the front of the tongue.

ACDetroit
09-03-2007, 18:49
Welocme to SB.com, there is a wealth of knowledge here. I just opened a pewter to WT Kentucky Spirit last night with friends (It uncorked well...No breakage :grin: ).

Well pull up a glass and enjoy your stay.