PDA

View Full Version : What's the most...

No Chaser
09-08-2007, 18:04
What's the most you've ever paid at a bar after saying "Wild Turkey on the rocks" while referring to the regular 101 bottle?

Last night, I paid $10.50 at some shitty San Francisco scene bar in the SOMA, and it was about a shot and a half's worth. I'm sure someone can top that though.

Alternatively, the least I've ever paid was at a dive bar in Cupertino, where they give you at least four shot's worth in a glass for $4.50. I ordered it straight once, and it was seriously half of a good-sized glass of the stuff. Amazing place but depressing as hell because it's loaded with flat-out alcoholics.

ILLfarmboy
09-08-2007, 18:23
A decent healthy pour around here will run you around 3.50 to 4.00 dollars at most rural bars. Bigger towns like Davenport IA. or Peoria IL. 4.25 to 5.00. The most I can recall paying in a "fancy joint" for plain 'ole 101 would be around 6.75, which I think is getting pretty steep!

There is a rather fancy bar in Rock Island IL. where a very healthy pour (probably something like 2.25 oz. in a large snifter) of RB will only set you back about 13 dollars.

ratcheer
09-09-2007, 05:59
I can't top yours, but I had to pay $8 in the bar of the former Plaza Hotel at Central Park. That was several years ago, though (maybe six years?).

Tim

wskybnt
09-09-2007, 06:07
I was at a basketball game here (Memphis Grizzles). Went to the bar (Lexus Lounge) and got a Double WT 101 on the rocks....... get ready for this...... $24

Brennan77
09-09-2007, 08:07
I was at a basketball game here (Memphis Grizzles). Went to the bar (Lexus Lounge) and got a Double WT 101 on the rocks....... get ready for this...... $24

I would have left it on the bar. Yikes!

No Chaser
09-09-2007, 19:06
I would have left it on the bar. Yikes!

Christ, I hear that. If they wanted $24 I would have pointed out that a bottle costs $16 bucks at Bev-Mo and left.

MurphyDawg
09-09-2007, 20:00
Christ, I hear that. If they wanted $24 I would have pointed out that a bottle costs $16 bucks at Bev-Mo and left.

Thats absurd.

The Most I have paid is $7.50, the least? $1.25

TomC

Old Bill
09-17-2007, 18:51

Dude, you have far too much money on your hands. Send it my way, and I'll take care of it for you.:lol:

HipFlask
09-26-2007, 19:51
The most I've ever paid was $13 a glass for Blanton's. I had never heard of it before and the bartender said it was good. what got me is I had three with a really good steak before I knew the price. too bad it was on me and not charged off to the company. WT101 I think is $5. Also I think I paid $11 for Baker's also with a steak and I had to have a whiskeyto pair with it.

ggilbertva
09-27-2007, 09:07
I typically don't make a habit of paying for drinks when I have so much at home. I was on business in Harare Zimbabwe a number years back and paid .50 cents a shot. Beer ran me .25 cents. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time in the hotel bar.

Phischy
09-27-2007, 09:24
Most bartenders haven't hte first clue of how to pour a drink neat or on the rocks. So in that wide lowball glass you usually get a lot for your money.

Even though I drink it at home neat, in a bar I'll order Knob Creek on the rocks...just b/c I usually get 3/4 of a glass full. If I order the same drink neat, then out comes the jigger for the 1.5oz serving....

mozilla
09-27-2007, 11:42
Alot of the variable come with the class of the bar, but for the most part you are correct, Sir.
It is more rare to find a liqour salesman that knows the first thing about differences between his own products(Canadian/Bourbon/Whiskey). Makes you wonder how much training is involved in the industry.

ILLfarmboy
09-30-2007, 09:19
I debated whether to post this here or in the "what are you drinking tonight" thread. It doesn't relate to WT101 prices but it does relate to bar prices.

Last night I accompanied Janean to her 20th high school reunion. After the meal everyone met up in the hotel bar/nightclub for drinks. Unable to survey the back bar, the bar was actually a very elongated oval so there wasn't a back bar at all, I ordered a Jamesons on the rocks. Seven dollars! I switched to JD and Coke which cost only $4.50. I wonder why the disparity. It has been ages since I bought a bottle of JD Black label but I think they run about the same for a fifth. The pour of Jamesons was a nice healthy one but I didn't think it was $2.50 healthier. For comparison sake Janean was drinking Miller Lite at $2.75 apiece.

TnSquire
10-03-2007, 12:07
What's the most you've ever paid at a bar after saying "Wild Turkey on the rocks" while referring to the regular 101 bottle?

Last night, I paid $10.50 at some shitty San Francisco scene bar in the SOMA, and it was about a shot and a half's worth. I'm sure someone can top that though.

Alternatively, the least I've ever paid was at a dive bar in Cupertino, where they give you at least four shot's worth in a glass for $4.50. I ordered it straight once, and it was seriously half of a good-sized glass of the stuff. Amazing place but depressing as hell because it's loaded with flat-out alcoholics.

Kim and I had cocktails on the roof at the Dream hotel in NYC. The bill for the 1st round was 43.00.

She had a dirty vodka martini. I had WT on the rocks.

ratcheer
10-03-2007, 18:06
Kim and I had cocktails on the roof at the Dream hotel in NYC. The bill for the 1st round was 43.00.

Dern!

Now, that's expensive. I assume the tip was not included, either.

Tim

SBOmarc
10-03-2007, 18:24

Location... Location... Location !

gblick
10-04-2007, 07:31
I took my wife to Outback steakhouse on her birthday last Saturday night. They have three bourbons...Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, and Wild Turkey 101. I ordered a Wild Turkey 101 (neat), which was a healthy pour of at least three ounces, and the cost was $6.25.

OscarV
10-04-2007, 11:47
Three ounces, for $6.25?
Things are done big in Texas!