PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Memphis

ViperB
10-30-2007, 19:02
I just got started drinking Bourbon again. It's been about 20 years of drinking Vodka or beer. I have a good friend from Switzerland that was interested in Bourbon, and asked for a suggestion. I bought a bottle of Maker's Mark and he became hooked. The more he talked about it the more I wanted to try it again, and now I'm hooked.

I just bought a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr old for the next time my buddy from Switzerland comes to town. I'll hang around here some and soak up the info. Thanks in advance for the welcome.

Brandon

stroker394
10-30-2007, 19:18
Welcome Brandon. Pretty new myself. Have not made it to Pappy yet. VOB and OGD are on the table now. From reading I think PVW and MM are next.

mozilla
10-30-2007, 19:49
Hearty welcome to both of you fella's. Don't be afraid to give any Straight Bourbon or Rye a try. I have found many brands are worthy of our respect regardless of price or age. Enjoy your adventures in the wide world of bourbon.

Jeeper
10-31-2007, 05:56
Hey Brandon... I'm not far from you at all. I'm in Horn Lake. Do yourself a HUGE favor and start trying other bourbons as well. There's a lot of tasty stuff out there.

J.W.
11-02-2007, 09:28
Hello Brandon,

J.W.

ViperB
11-02-2007, 11:08
Thanks for the welcome guys. I will start to expand my range of the available Bourbons.

polyamnesia
11-02-2007, 18:40
ah, memphis...had some super experiences there...actually met members of RUSH there near the Peabody WAY back in 1982...and used to haunt the Antennae Club (?...i think that was the name), a punk bar where i heard some great noise. often visited when i was going to MSU (Miss. State U., that is!)

welcome and cheers!

andy

ViperB
11-05-2007, 09:27
ah, memphis...had some super experiences there...actually met members of RUSH there near the Peabody WAY back in 1982...and used to haunt the Antennae Club (?...i think that was the name), a punk bar where i heard some great noise. often visited when i was going to MSU (Miss. State U., that is!)

welcome and cheers!

andy

Hey oldtimer.:grin: Anybody that remebers the Antenna is considered an oldtimer. I have gotten in a little trouble there myself. There were some great bands and strange people at that place. Thanks for the welcome.

Jeeper
11-05-2007, 11:56
There's a story somewhere that involves me swearing off tequila for the rest of my life, the antenna club, and club 616.

...bad bad BAD night. Luckily no one was arrested though.

polyamnesia
11-06-2007, 17:26
Hey oldtimer.:grin: Anybody that remebers the Antenna is considered an oldtimer. I have gotten in a little trouble there myself. There were some great bands and strange people at that place. Thanks for the welcome.

yep, when i talk to my little brother about the skateboards we used to have, he says 'old skool' and i say, yeahyeah........

anyways, i assume that place is long gone! saw the Descendents, MDC, Glorious Din there...yep, i know, very well known bands....:rolleyes: :lol:

well, off for another pour of your state's nice contribution to the whiskey arsenal: Gentleman Jack (mellow but different!)...and to listen to some more oldtimer PUNK !:bowdown:

wskybnt
11-06-2007, 19:10
The Antennae, lol.... I went to a lot of shows there in the early 90's.

Anyway, I didn't know that we had that many Mid-Southerner's in here. Yall are whose buying all the good bourbon before I can get it.....

snakster
11-07-2007, 10:22
I haven't been to Memphis since I made my pilgramage to Graceland in the summer of '85. Welcome aboard and say hello to Elvis for me.