PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Louisville

Redline
11-21-2007, 14:59
Hi,

I'm a bourbon noob. I just found this site while googling and I had to join. Living in Louisville Kentucky I should have started drinking bourbon sooner. I know some bourbon drinkers at work. They turned me on to Benchmark. After trying several other bourbons I don't think you can beat it for the money. I also have a bottle of Blanton's which is fantastic. I hate to quote a movie but "when you taste it... you'll know where that extra money went"

So far I have enjoyed reading many posts. I hope to learn and grow my bourbon knowledge here.

Redline

ACDetroit
11-21-2007, 15:14
Welcome to the board from the north a good bit. You will for sure learn a great deal here, I know I have. Good luck on you Louisville shopping, I'm sure you can just about get what ever you want in your home town.

Cheers! I will be toasting with some WT 8yr. I found today!

Tony

whiskeyhatch
11-25-2007, 20:16
And welcome to the board from the south. I've been jealous of the members who live up in your area. To be within driving distance of so many distilleries must be nice. This is a great place to learn about bourbon so enjoy!

luv2hunt
11-26-2007, 18:44
I know some bourbon drinkers at work. They turned me on to Benchmark.

Redline

#1-Bourbon drinkers would not be drinking Benchmark
#2-Ewwwwwww
#3-yes, I admit I am a bourbon snob....but you'd be much better off with JB Black over the astringent burn of Benchmark
#4-all of this is a mute point if you are mixing it with Coke
#5-you live in Louisville--you have LOTS of options
#6-enjoy the adventure

Rughi
11-26-2007, 19:24
#1-Bourbon drinkers would not be drinking Benchmark
#2-Ewwwwwww
#3-yes, I admit I am a bourbon snob....but you'd be much better off with JB Black over the astringent burn of Benchmark
#4-all of this is a mute point if you are mixing it with Coke
#5-you live in Louisville--you have LOTS of options

Jeez, Dawn,
Way to welcome a guy in the "safe place to introduce yourself" forum.

To paraphrase CSN (and sometimes Y), those progenitors of the Raw Power of Smooth Rock:

"If you can't be with the bourbon you love
Love the one you're with"

And Welcome to you, Redline.

Roger

luv2hunt
11-26-2007, 19:32
OK, I'm sorry...forgot which forum I was in :blush::blush:

Welcome to the forum...hope you have a sense of humor!! :lol:

I think I said I was a bourbon snob....that part is true you know!

cubacroc
11-27-2007, 22:23
Redline, Join us at the Bourbon's Bistro on Dec. 5th for the Repeal Day Party and I can assure you that there will be a selection of bourbon available for sampling.

craigthom
11-28-2007, 15:52
Am I invited, too?

I'm already going there Monday for a Four Roses dinner. It's going to be a bourbon week.

Redline
12-06-2007, 20:37
crap.. today is the 6th.. i totally forgot

stroker394
12-06-2007, 20:42
Welcome.

I get an education daily. I read so much I forget to respond sometimes. Many knowledgeable people. Just tool around and make yourself at home.