PDA

View Full Version : A Canadian eh!

Bourbon Sprawl
11-26-2007, 19:38
Well I guess I put the cart in front of the horse when I logged into the chatroom last night before I introduced myself here.So here goes. My name is Mike and I live in Vancouver British Columbia.I was introduced to Bourbon (Makers Mark)exactly one year ago and developed an immediate fondness for the spirit.So much so that I did a search and fortunately came upon this site.I've been lurking for a while and reading everything I can before I start posing questions.I can honestly say that although I don't have real sophisticated tastebuds yet I have learned a lot by reading others tasting notes.We have a fairly limited selection of bourbons here and they're pretty pricey but I have manged to try all except two.PVW 20 year old which runs $175 for 750 ml and Rock hill farms @ $100 for same size. Our govt LDB will be bringing in some PVW23 YO sometime soon and it will cost $325 per 750 ml.Fortunately I manage to get to the USA fairly often and bring home a bottle of something different each time.I met a friendly bunch in the chatroom last night and talked and listened while I enjoyed a pour.Thanks again to all for your warm reception .I look forward to talking to everyone again soon....Mike

ACDetroit
11-26-2007, 19:43
Hey Mike! Welcome, and nice work on keepin to your word from last night!! Great to have the North West covered. Enjoy your stay, it is a great deal of fun, even the really late nights in the chat room (even on a school night :lol: )

Cheers!

Tony

barturtle
11-26-2007, 20:09
Welcome Mike. I was nice chatting with you last night. Enjoy the journey.

T47
11-26-2007, 21:45
Welcome to SB.com from another NWerner...except a little south of you.
We get up to Nanaimo every couple years for diving. Love the Island...we have always enjoyed Gina's but it might be a lack of sleep and to many Margaritas?
Enjoy your research!

:toast:

Dr. François
12-10-2007, 11:38
Mike,
Welcome to the site! I'm new here myself, but I've found the discussions to be interesting and the people to be genuine and warm.
I'm curious: do you drink much Canadian whisky? I recently read an article that spoke of the few Canadian brands that broke the "brown vodka" barrier. Specifically, have you tried Alberta Premium or Wiser's? Alberta is 100% rye, and I've heard that Wiser's has a profile more reminiscent of bourbon. Do you have any experience with these brands?
Again, Welcome!