PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Old Dominion and question

Colton
01-15-2008, 19:12
4th year student at UVa here.

I was wondering about the geographical spread of posters on this board, and bourbon drinkers in general. I have always associated bourbon with the South, but it seems like there are posters from all over. Do you think this is typical of the general bourbon drinking public, or are there a disproportionate number of non-Southern posters on here? Any thoughts on the issue? Many thanks, and go Hoos.

ACDetroit
01-15-2008, 19:54
Welcome Colton! All the Hoos down in Hooville feel Bourbon drinking is not a geographic! only the place it's made!! That's like saying all Vodka drinkers are from Poland or Russia!

Anyway enjoy your stay there are quite a few things to learn and some great friends to be made!

Cheers from the North!

AC (the Grinch) Detroit

SBOmarc
01-15-2008, 20:11
There was a thread on this and I was not able to find it. It prooved that we are drinking Bourbon all over, not just the United States but the World.

pepcycle
01-16-2008, 12:52
http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7525&highlight=california+texas+washington

Dr. François
01-17-2008, 18:19
Welcome Colton! All the Hoos down in Hooville feel Bourbon drinking is not a geographic! only the place it's made!! That's like saying all Vodka drinkers are from Poland or Russia!

Anyway enjoy your stay there are quite a few things to learn and some great friends to be made!

Cheers from the North!

AC (the Grinch) Detroit

Tony, this cracked me up. Nice work, my friend.

Colton, welcome. I'm a westerner (Northern California, Colorado). I cut my teeth on local products (fine wine, micro brews, respectively), but found bourbon after moving to Michigan.