PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alexandria, Virginia

HooFighter
01-24-2008, 14:18
Hello. I'm an avid bourbon enthusiast. Went to the University of Virginia, so what would you expect? In any event, I've spent too much money on bourbon lately and have been a lurker here for a while. I've gone through somewhat of a progression with my taste for bourbon. Early favorite was Bakers. That was replaced by 20yo PVW back in the late 90s. Have tried more recent 20 and 23yo bottlings and find they don't quite live up to that original bottle. Perhaps I'm imaging it. Latley, I've been enjoying Four Roses, both small batch and single barrel, Rowan's Creek (another one where I enjoyed older bottlings more than the most recent...too much oak, I think, but still love the stuff), and Rare Breed. Weller Antique, Buffalo Trace, and Elijiah Craig when I'm slumming it. Recently purchased several bottles of Stagg, WLW, and Eagle Rare from the antique collection. Have only tried the Eagle Rare once and was slightly disappointed. Will post more after I do a serious tasting. Numerous others to discuss, but believe I'm now rambling...:) Enjoy the Bourbon Enthusiast site as well, but not a member yet...

mozilla
01-28-2008, 19:56
Welcome to the board. Sounds like you have gotten your feet wet or more. You have had some of the best whiskey available so far. Glad you are enjoying yourself. How do you usually drink bourbon? Rocks or straight?

mozilla
01-28-2008, 23:39
Barkley,
Give Binny's a try. They should be able to ship you something.

HooFighter
02-05-2008, 14:59
I like mine straight or with one or two ice cubes.

HooFighter
02-05-2008, 15:01
I've ordered from Binny's. That is where I got Rowans Creek, Noahs Mill, and the Four Roses bottles.

Sijan
02-07-2008, 12:58
Welcome to a fellow Northern Virginian!