PDA

View Full Version : Hello all from IN

razerburnt
01-24-2008, 18:01
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've been enjoying bourbon for years now. Started with EW with my grandpa (his fav) then a buddy turned me on to WT 101 and I was hooked. Tuned into this site a while back and reading the posts with all the knowledge and info has me wanting to learn all I can. You all are my kind of people. Thanks. Randy.

spun_cookie
01-24-2008, 18:49
Welcome Randolph... the more the merrier... I will toast to you with a little Blanton’s tonight...

birdman1099
01-24-2008, 19:28
hey Randy, Welcome to SB (from another Hoosier)

Your Bourbon world is about to blow up !!!!!

Read as much as you can, buy as much Bourbon as you can, and post your thoughts whenever you get a chance.

Spun cookie like to get in my head, so I'll toast you with an '07 weller.

Cheers

:icon_pidu:

Everman75
01-26-2008, 15:47
Welcome to the forum, Randy. I will toast to you tonight with some Van Winkle Lot "B" purchased from a Crown liquor store in Indy. Just be thankful you live in Indiana...bourbon selection out here is not the greatest.

razerburnt
01-26-2008, 16:25
Thanks guys. Hey Everman, I think I'm a little spoiled. After reading alot of the post's about scoring hard to find bottles that I see most every time I go to a couple stores. I'm just across the river from Louisville so selection between there and here is awesome. More dustys here in IN than KY though. Saw six bottles of VW lot "b" at a store in New Albany tonite. Got one. Can't wait to taste it. Randy.

Everman75
01-26-2008, 16:43
Excellent stuff that Lot "B", Randy. Let us know what you think of it. I pass through Indy every 6-12 months, so I have a semi-regular supply of some bourbons that I can't get here. I need to find a big stock of the Old Weller Antique 107 and stock up.

What other "dusties" have you seen out there that come to mind?

birdman1099
01-26-2008, 19:36
Thanks guys. Hey Everman, I think I'm a little spoiled. After reading alot of the post's about scoring hard to find bottles that I see most every time I go to a couple stores. I'm just across the river from Louisville so selection between there and here is awesome. More dustys here in IN than KY though. Saw six bottles of VW lot "b" at a store in New Albany tonite. Got one. Can't wait to taste it. Randy.

I'm getting ready to take a trip to Louisville fron Evansville. Any good liquor stores I need to check out (IN side or in KY).

Cheers !!!! (VW lot b of course !!!)

Hondo
01-27-2008, 06:22
Wecome Randy! Tons of information and great folks here!

Hey, I am within a stones throw of New Albany... Can you tip me off to the name of that store?

Hondo

razerburnt
01-27-2008, 09:03
Hey guys, all that lot "b" was at sunset spirits on Paoli Pike. Bridge Liquors on State St. has a great selection. Family Affair Liquors on Hamburg Pike in Jeffersonville had 2 06 ER17's last nite. Sorry for my memory loss but one of the stores I visited in NA last nite had the whole 07 btac collection. about 55 a bottle. Bridge had 2 o7 staggs. Just drive around and you'll be happy at the stuff you'll find. I've seen VW lot b at almost every decent store. Randy.

mozilla
01-28-2008, 18:23
Welcome to the board Randy!
I hail from Kokomo, but have not been back in quite a while.
I know that you will find lots of info here. Try not to catch the bug, it's harder than you think. Very soon dusties, tasteings and pm's will rule your life.
Great to have you here....and Hondo as well, welcome.