PDA

View Full Version : What time of day do you drink.

skeebs0615
02-06-2008, 14:05
Just wondering what time of day you enjoy your drink. Late afternoon ? Evening ? and why?

ThomasH
02-06-2008, 14:11
I drink mostly in the evening. I work swing shift and usually enjoy a drink after I get home from work!

Thomas

NickAtMartinis
02-06-2008, 14:13
Just wondering what time of day you enjoy your drink. Late afternoon ? Evening ? and why?

My favorite time to drink is Noon. Yes, Noon EDT, EST, CDT, CST, MST, PST, et. al.:grin:

I am an equal time zone bourbon imbiber. I do not descriminate.

dcb
02-06-2008, 14:21
evenings on weekdays, anytime after noon is fair game on a weekend..

gothbat
02-06-2008, 14:47
On the weekends I start pouring at 11:30PM. Everyone is in bed shortly after (12/12:30ish) so I have some time to enjoy my whiskey in peace. :)

felthove
02-06-2008, 14:56

Ditto here. I prefer to drink from around 5 to 7 on weeknights since if I go on any later I tend to have restless sleep and feel a little residue in the morning.

jburlowski
02-06-2008, 15:51

Same here.

Old Lamplighter
02-06-2008, 17:07
I would say you will find me with a pour in hand between the hours of 8 and 10 in the evening on weekdays, and, anytime after 5pm on weekends to the wee hours of the next morning.

spun_cookie
02-06-2008, 17:13
At the end of the day... when ever that may be...

SBOmarc
02-06-2008, 17:31

Absolutley...with the exception of a breakfast beer from time to time.

fogfrog
02-06-2008, 17:34
I too drink before dinner.... not too much or I get restless sleep.... I go to bed early..... Otherwise I do think its better to have bourbon after food, not before....

Thesh
02-06-2008, 20:46

Except for the waiting till noon on weekends, I am the same.

Really, who decided how early is socially acceptable to drink?

birdman1099
02-06-2008, 20:53
I'm strictly a night time endulger.

Thers nothing like a big drink right before bed. :grin:

bigtoys
02-06-2008, 21:38
5-6 pm before dinner
9-12 pm again, later on summer Saturday nights

fog
02-07-2008, 09:15
I often like to have a drink about two hours after I wake up, then one more a few hours before I go to sleep. If I am working, I replace my morning pour with one immediately upon returning from work.

WT always tastes best to me in the morning.

catdaddy
02-07-2008, 09:29
A.M. or P.M. for me!

pepcycle
02-07-2008, 10:00
I drink with the same philosophy as Steve Martin smokes pot

"I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, mid-evening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late mid-afternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . But never at dusk." -- Steve Martin

NickAtMartinis
02-07-2008, 10:05
I often like to have a drink about two hours after I wake up, then one more a few hours before I go to sleep. If I am working, I replace my morning pour with one immediately upon returning from work.

WT always tastes best to me in the morning.

The big question is, when do you wak up when you're not working?

LarryG
02-07-2008, 10:31
Almost always, right about 6:00pm, finishing by the time we eat dinner at 7:00-ish. There have been times when circumstances delayed my pour until after dinner, say around 8:00 or 8:30, but I never gave much thought to how waiting until after eating dinner affected the whiskey's taste or the drinking experience. I may do some experimenting.

Larry

scopenut
02-07-2008, 12:35
I enjoy bourbon best after food rather than before, so weeknights and weekends anytime after 7-8 pm.

-Kevin

ggilbertva
02-07-2008, 17:45
:drinking:Mostly in the evening. Weekends, maybe in the afternoon. Drinking tends to make me sleepy so I may need a nap if I start too soon in the day.

brian12069
02-17-2008, 15:32
After work. 6 p.m. ish...

Special Reserve
02-17-2008, 16:14
When I worked the midnight shift, I'd have a beer when I got home about 0730, my wife would question me on how I could have a beer at that time of day. I told her because I enjoyed it.

brian12069
02-17-2008, 16:25
When I worked the midnight shift, I'd have a beer when I got home about 0730, my wife would question me on how I could have a beer at that time of day. I told her because I enjoyed it.

Funny thing here is. I had a friend that worked night shift. He lived two houses away from me down the street. I used to go jogging in the morning and if I had a couple extra minutes, I would stop at his house on my way back (about 7 a.m.) He would be sitting in his dining room sucking beer(sometimes with a few co-workers), and I just got back from running and was now getting ready for work. Always seemed REAL weird to me. but, I guess it was HIS nighttime.

mulbish
02-17-2008, 19:45
it really depends on what I have going on and what I feel like. I am not opposed to drinking before noon if the urge strikes. I'm a shift worker like some others have posted here and I guess you could say I drink earlier than some. My work day is over at two in the afternoon and I often come home and have some bourbon. So, on my days off I still get up fairly early and noon is mid afternoon for me sometimes. Not that I need to justify when I drink, mind you. Im just 'splainin' some of the situations that may lead me to a drink earlier than some other folks. yeah, that's right.

TNbourbon
02-17-2008, 20:15

Is this Friday, Sunday, or Tuesday? It matters. It also matters whether I'm at home for the evening, or out and about -- and who I'm with.
Generally, with and after dinner on a weeknight; after work (post-9:30 p.m. or so) on Saturdays; After lunch, at least, on Sundays in front of the TV.
And, lots of conditions that cause variation.

OscarV
02-18-2008, 15:10
And, lots of conditions that cause variation.

Yeah, what Tim said.
For example when I am cold a bourbon warms me up but today the cold really got to me and I made coffee when I got home from work.
Damn! I am sick of this winter!:hot:

RoyalWater
02-18-2008, 16:12
I like a drink a while before I want to eat. Both liquor and wine increase my appetite. I also like a late drink, but not quite immediately before bed. I may also consider a drink after rough times at work.

There have been times that I have made some income through oration. I like a heavy shot shortly before I begin to help me sustain my vocal delivery and ward off any throat soreness the next day. I had vocal problems at one point in time and I found that vinegar or liquor both prevented the uncomfortable symptoms, thus apparently influencing the underlying cause; I haven't had the problems since I adopted this practise. Liquor tastes a lot better than vinegar but I have had a few audiences that weren't very comfortable with the smell of my whisky breath.