PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon in High Definition

Tracy Hightower
02-22-2008, 14:46
For those of you that have High Definition programming, Tonight on the Treasure Channel show "How The Best Is Done", They are doing a show on the best of the Kentucky Trail Bourbon.

It will air at 7:00pm central and again at 11:00pm.

It may be a re-broadcast of the original History Channel show done last year on Bourbon but the description does not say.

Jaysus
02-22-2008, 15:26
sounds fun.... wish I got the Treasure channel though :(

camduncan
02-22-2008, 18:33
Is anyone able to make a copy of this for me?
(We don't get that channel in Australia)
I'm doing the bourbon train in 8 weeks and would be very interested to see it...

JeffRenner
02-22-2008, 19:51
Is anyone able to make a copy of this for me?
(We don't get that channel in Australia)

I suspect that it wouldn't be a compatible format, right?

Jeff

Tracy Hightower
02-22-2008, 20:04
Camduncan,

I have a digital copy saved on a DVR. I can copy it directly to DVD and I may can save it to a dvd in an MPEG4 format.

Can you view either of those?

If so, pm me where to send it.

Tracy Hightower
02-26-2008, 14:43
Camduncan,

Do you still want a copy of this program?

NickAtMartinis
02-26-2008, 14:50
Camduncan,

Do you still want a copy of this program?

If Cam doesn't, I cerainly do.

Tracy Hightower
03-01-2008, 03:50
Sorry I have not been back to this post. Send me a PM with your address Nick and I will get it out to you on DVD.

camduncan
03-01-2008, 04:21
Sorry about that, I must have missed the post reply.
I'm definately still interested and will PM you with details.
Thanks again :D

NickAtMartinis
03-01-2008, 08:35
Sorry I have not been back to this post. Send me a PM with your address Nick and I will get it out to you on DVD.

Tracy,

Thanks, that's awesome of you to do that. I'll PM you my address. And, please let me know the cost of your burning it and I'll gladly pay it.

Mark

Tracy Hightower
03-01-2008, 09:38
There will be no costs. Camduncan, get me you address and I will get them both sent Monday.

NickAtMartinis
03-01-2008, 10:39
There will be no costs. Camduncan, get me you address and I will get them both sent Monday.

Thanks, Tracy.

camduncan
03-01-2008, 12:58
Tracy, thanks again - it's very much appreciated. :cool:

Tracy Hightower
03-03-2008, 08:36
The DVD's went out priotity US mail today.

Nick and SpunCookie you should have yours in a couple of days.

Camduncan, it will take yours 5 or 6 days.

NickAtMartinis
03-03-2008, 09:27
The DVD's went out priotity US mail today.

Nick and SpunCookie you should have yours in a couple of days.

Camduncan, it will take yours 5 or 6 days.

Tracy,

Again, thanks. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

Regards,

Mark

spun_cookie
03-03-2008, 17:18
Thank you sir... much appriciated

felthove
03-04-2008, 12:49
Any chance you could post the mpeg 4 file on any file server somewhere? I haven't been around here long enough to even feel worthy to get a DVD burned and mailed to me but if there's a download option I'd love to see the special. Thanks!

Tracy Hightower
03-04-2008, 15:17
Maybe Mark, Cameron or Emerald may have server space somewhere but I do not. The file is over 2 GB.

NickAtMartinis
03-04-2008, 15:28
Any chance you could post the mpeg 4 file on any file server somewhere? I haven't been around here long enough to even feel worthy to get a DVD burned and mailed to me but if there's a download option I'd love to see the special. Thanks!

Hello Felt,

I'd be more than happy to help you out but I do not have a server to put it on. Is there a free server I can use somewhere out there in internet land?

Actually, I just checked gmail and it looks like I can put up to 6 GB there. I will create a new account to which you will have a new password. Then I will attempt to upload it to gmail.

Let me know if this works for you, Felt.

Mark

felthove
03-05-2008, 09:25
Sounds great. Thanks a bunch. I believe xdrive.com gives out 5 gb for free, too (although you have to obtain a free aol email account to register).

That's really kind of you to take the time to share.

Ron

felthove
03-06-2008, 07:48
BTW -- there is a show in HD on the Mojo channel called "Three Sheets" that did a show on bourbon drinking. They did a small interview and tasting w/ the Van Winkles.

Jaysus
03-06-2008, 10:47
BTW -- there is a show in HD on the Mojo channel called "Three Sheets" that did a show on bourbon drinking. They did a small interview and tasting w/ the Van Winkles.

another channel I don't get :cry:

NickAtMartinis
03-07-2008, 13:53
Tracy, I recieved your DVD in the mail today. Thanks again for sending it and let me know what your email address is for Pay Pal. Else, I'll mail you a check.

Okay Felthove and anyone else interesting in this video. I have begun the upload process on xdrive.com. Once, complete - it's say almost three hours and I just started it - I will let you all know.

Mark

P.S. Now xdrive.com is telling me it will only take 9 hours to upload. The upload speed went from around 250 KB/s to 59 KB/s and dropping. I do believe this has more to do with my Comcast upload speed than xdrive. Though, I'm not too sure on that.

NickAtMartinis
03-07-2008, 14:54
Now there's only 11+ hours left.:bigeyes:

felthove
03-07-2008, 16:52
Don't touch that computer!!! Let it finish!

spun_cookie
03-07-2008, 18:59
Tracy, got it today... thank you sir

Tracy Hightower
03-07-2008, 19:15
Tracy, I recieved your DVD in the mail today. Thanks again for sending it and let me know what your email address is for Pay Pal. Else, I'll mail you a check.

Okay Felthove and anyone else interesting in this video. I have begun the upload process on xdrive.com. Once, complete - it's say almost three hours and I just started it - I will let you all know.

Mark

P.S. Now xdrive.com is telling me it will only take 9 hours to upload. The upload speed went from around 250 KB/s to 59 KB/s and dropping. I do believe this has more to do with my Comcast upload speed than xdrive. Though, I'm not too sure on that.

Nick,

There is no need to send me a check as I said before I was happy to do it. The fact that you are sharing it with others is payment enough. I did not know how to do that.

Tracy Hightower
03-07-2008, 19:16
Tracy, got it today... thank you sir

Your welcom Emerald.

felthove
03-10-2008, 12:43
Now there's only 11+ hours left.:bigeyes:

Nick -- any luck on getting it fully uploaded? Sounds like quite a process!

NickAtMartinis
03-10-2008, 15:20
Nick -- any luck on getting it fully uploaded? Sounds like quite a process!

Sorry, Felt. I've had problems with the upload. The amount of time to upload kept increasing. Then the upload hung on me. I'm uploading as I write this post and it says 9 hours left on the last of the two files!

As soon as it's done, I will let you know.

Mark

camduncan
03-17-2008, 22:26
Tracy, the dvd arrived last week whilst I was away, and I sat down and viewed it in its entirety last night.
I will be sure to loan the disc to those SB.com members who live nearby so they can see this fabulous documentary....

I was horrified to see the cost of shipping the dvd to Australia... Please PM me with some details (Paypal or bank details) and I will make sure you are not out of pocket..

Thanks once again for taking the time to send a copy Downunder :D

Tracy Hightower
03-18-2008, 03:36
Cam,

There is no need to pay me for sending the dvd. I was happy to do it. I may need something from down under sometimes like a Sheila or a Roo that you can send me. :)

Tracy

HighTower
03-18-2008, 04:59
Cam,
I may need something from down under sometimes like a Sheila or a Roo that you can send me. :)

Tracy

Never said better Tracy, never said better.
Although, if you said wallaby instead of roo, you would have been knighted! :grin:

Scott