PDA

View Full Version : G'day from NY

creativeglass
02-25-2008, 03:51
My name is Dan. I am a bottle designer. In that I create commemorative bottles for Distilleries and Special Event companies. I haven't been to this site for a long time. One of the members here sent me an email inquiring about the Johnnie Walker bottles I did for the NY Giants. She said there were questions here about etched bottles. In particular Jack Daniels. I have etched 1000's or 10's of 1000's of Jack Daniel's decanters over the years. If you have questions about the process, I can answer those questions.

mozilla
02-25-2008, 12:07
Dan,
Welcome! Glad you are posting and have been enjoying your time here. It is always nice to have some insider view points.
What have been your fav's among your bottle desings?

What is your favorite pour?
Hope you enjoy your travels here at SB.

Dr. François
02-26-2008, 08:32
Hi, Dan!
Glad you decided to swing back over to the site.

I have one additional question for you...What, from a design standpoint, is your favorite widely-available bourbon bottle design (independent of contents)?

creativeglass
02-27-2008, 10:05
The neatest remake is an Angler's Choice JD bottle. WM Bill Fanning Master Red Horse Fisherman 200ML flask and the remake of the 1955 Tennessee Squire bottle.

Bourbon I think is a Maker's Mark Derby bottle or the 50th Daytons 500 Anniversary bottle.

My attention span is so short whatever the newest project is, is my favorite.

HighTower
02-28-2008, 05:28
Dan I love your work, those JD Harley Bottles were cool. I have a 200mL Sylvania 300 JD Racing etched bottle that was done by you, the detail is amazing!

I not long ago had a chat with John? down in Sydney about a very special bottle you did for him.

Welcome to the forums!

Scott

creativeglass
02-28-2008, 07:07
Hey Scott, what a small world that you have one of my bottles. I have only done maybe 30 of the Jack Daniels race bottles! Did you get it from Jamie Miller or Tom Keech?

creativeglass
02-28-2008, 07:15
Geez I should have posted a big bottle!

HighTower
02-29-2008, 04:47
Hey Scott, what a small world that you have one of my bottles. I have only done maybe 30 of the Jack Daniels race bottles! Did you get it from Jamie Miller or Tom Keech?

I got it from a friend who got it from Tom Keech. It was Tom I meant, not John in my previous post (I forgot his name!). I haven't met Tom, but had a long chat with him about the bottle you did for his son.

Scott

creativeglass
02-29-2008, 23:58
I got it from a friend who got it from Tom Keech. It was Tom I meant, not John in my previous post (I forgot his name!). I haven't met Tom, but had a long chat with him about the bottle you did for his son.

Scott
I LOVE TOM KEECH! That my friend is a one of a kind dude! Jamie Miller is also, but cut from a different bolt of cloth! Jamie is one of the guys who lost so much during the raid at the Jack Daniel's BBQ (Sully's & Cowboy Jacks) last fall. I think he paid $9,000.00 for one of the bottles and never got to take it home. He also had $15,000.00 worth of someone elses purchases. Nothing compared to what Randy & Rene Piper lost!

Not only did Tom get bottles for his kids, I had a custom cabinet made. Friggin thing cost me $1,000.00. I had no idea what custom cabinetry cost!

Tom had 1 son die very very young (weeks old) and he had me design a bottle "In the Arms of Angels" bottle and had the cabinet made to match.

I will send photos when I bring some home.

HighTower
03-01-2008, 02:11
I would love to see pictures. Tom was telling me about it as I also lost a son, and I am interested to see how the bottle turned out.

Randy had a hearing last week and pleaded not guilty and had his $25,000 bond reduced. Not sure when his next court date is, I'm feeling for him!

I hope to meet Tom and Jamie next time I'm in Sydney, my last trip there was too short.
Jamie comes up this way often enough, I will probably meet him before I go down there.....

Scott

NickAtMartinis
03-01-2008, 10:17
I would love to see pictures. Tom was telling me about it as I also lost a son, and I am interested to see how the bottle turned out.

Randy had a hearing last week and pleaded not guilty and had his $25,000 bond reduced. Not sure when his next court date is, I'm feeling for him!

I hope to meet Tom and Jamie next time I'm in Sydney, my last trip there was too short.
Jamie comes up this way often enough, I will probably meet him before I go down there.....

Scott

Scott, so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.

HighTower
03-01-2008, 14:35
Scott, so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.
Thanks Mark. He was very sick when he was born, and he only lived for 3 days. They were the best (and the worst) 3 days of my life.
It's been a long road with 11 cycles of IVF, but my wife is 18 weeks pregnant, so things are going well down here! 07-07-2008 is the big day!

I hear you have one on the way also? Congratulations mate! When is your wife due?

Scott

NickAtMartinis
03-01-2008, 19:55
Thanks Mark. He was very sick when he was born, and he only lived for 3 days. They were the best (and the worst) 3 days of my life.
It's been a long road with 11 cycles of IVF, but my wife is 18 weeks pregnant, so things are going well down here! 07-07-2008 is the big day!

I hear you have one on the way also? Congratulations mate! When is your wife due?

Scott

Scott,

Congratulations!!!! That's awesome!!!!

My wife is due on April 12th. Not too far away!!!!

Mark

spun_cookie
03-01-2008, 20:54
Congrats to both of you... mine just turned 5 & 7... so much fun ahead for both of you

NickAtMartinis
03-01-2008, 21:57
Congrats to both of you... mine just turned 5 & 7... so much fun ahead for both of you

That's cools, Spun. This will be our third child. We have a three and four year old.

creativeglass
03-02-2008, 07:48
Scott:
When I first got the request to do this bottle in the memory of Tom's son I had never done a bottle for a child that had passed (although I have done a ton of fallen bikers). Tom basically let me go for it and use my own idea. After a very short time I came up with a Quasi head stone and an angel holding a baby. I put the angel on both sides of the bottle, to give the bottle symetry.
I also just made new baby bottles for several paeople & I'll be darned if I didn't take photos of them. I will have Scott Hastie take a photo of his baby bottle and post it.

Some of these photos might be the same, I couldn't tell before I posted them. I think one side of the bottle has an angel in one perspective and on the otherside I did the same angel but in photo negative.