PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Tipped
03-06-2008, 09:49
Hi,
I'm a new member, located near Boston, MA. I'm pretty new to Bourbons, and my experience is limited to Jim Beam, Maker's mark, Knob Creek, and Basil Hayden. It's this last one that lead me to this site. I thought I'd buy an expensive bottle, thinking I'd be happy with the taste, but found that it was kind of plain and rather unimpressive. I hopped on the web, found this site, and found it interesting that many of the users also weren't impressed with the BH.

In the short time that I've looked around, there seems to be a lot of great information, and I look forward to spending some time on the site.

-Tipped

HighTower
03-06-2008, 13:05
Tipped,

Welcome aboard!!

Like you mentioned....there is a wealth of information here and plenty to learn.
Enjoy your bourbon journey!!

Cheers

Scott

NickAtMartinis
03-06-2008, 13:24
Hi,
I'm a new member, located near Boston, MA. I'm pretty new to Bourbons, and my experience is limited to Jim Beam, Maker's mark, Knob Creek, and Basil Hayden. It's this last one that lead me to this site. I thought I'd buy an expensive bottle, thinking I'd be happy with the taste, but found that it was kind of plain and rather unimpressive. I hopped on the web, found this site, and found it interesting that many of the users also weren't impressed with the BH.

In the short time that I've looked around, there seems to be a lot of great information, and I look forward to spending some time on the site.

-Tipped

Tipped, welcome to the board.

There certainly is a wealth of knowledge here, like you mentioned. Definitely use the search function to find anything that you're looking for. Also, a number of us have within our profiles a list of our favorite bourbons. So, if you think someone has the same taste in bourbon, click his screenname then click Profile.

Good luck, have fun and I look forward to your contributing to the site.

Mark Brown

Tipped
03-06-2008, 17:10
Thanks guys. And Mark, I see you are a Pats fan. It was a tough year.

scratchline
03-06-2008, 17:19
Now, what are you talking about? It was a historic year for both the Patriots AND the Giants. You fellas in Boston can't bogart all the glory. Don't you have enough with the way you've been spanking the Yankees?

Welcome aboard.

-Mike

Tennessee Dave
03-06-2008, 18:06
Welcome. Great people here that will teach you all you need to know in short order. They even been able to teach me and that is saying something!:slappin:

NickAtMartinis
03-06-2008, 20:15
Thanks guys. And Mark, I see you are a Pats fan. It was a tough year.

Tipped, just when I thought my wounds were healed.:lol:

The way I look at it, football is football. It's fun to watch just so long as you don't get cuaght up in it too much. It was a fun year. The Pats played in every game they could play in. It's too bad they couldn't finish but I've little complain about. They've won three in four years and have been contention all but one of the past 7 years. As a well known writer in Boston has scribed on more than one occassion, "This is the good old days."

spun_cookie
03-06-2008, 20:19
Tipper... welcome to the group and are you in luck. You have a place called Julio's in westboro that has a rockin' selection and an owner who is a bourbon nut. Look it up on line. I was there a couple weeks ago... ended up with a case of good stuff. They have a 13 yr WL Weller Centinnial that is groovy...

NickAtMartinis
03-06-2008, 20:29
Tipper... welcome to the group and are you in luck. You have a place called Julio's in westboro that has a rockin' selection and an owner who is a bourbon nut. Look it up on line. I was there a couple weeks ago... ended up with a case of good stuff. They have a 13 yr WL Weller Centinnial that is groovy...

Spun, I bought that last year and it was good.

spun_cookie
03-06-2008, 21:07
Spun, I bought that last year and it was good.

I think you might have gotten the 14yr... they said that stuff rocked... It was believed that it was going to be a Pappy 15 the following year. It was sort of a happy mistake for them...

I like any place that has ~70 bourbons and an owner that is a bourbon nut... Fortunitly for me I have a buddy that lives 10 min away and will ship to me :woohoo:

Tipped
03-07-2008, 08:24
Regarding the Pats, yeah, there's a lot to be thankful for. They've been great fun to watch the past several years.

Spun,
Thanks for the info. I go out that way once in a while. I'll have to check it out. I'm located on the South Shore (Weymouth), and am still looking for that perfect liquor store.