PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new PA member

mixologist
03-07-2008, 07:02
Hello Neighbors.

I am also from PA, just outside of King of Prussia near the Montgomery/Chester county border. I am a whiskey fan in general, but have lately began focusing on bourbon. I have tried Basil Hayden, Maker's Mark, and Ridgemont 1792. I am glad to hear there are some "locals" that share my enjoyment.

On another note, I notice that not too many people like bourbon. While I am not a "yuppie", I am a successful professional and I feel that alot of my yuppie peers pretty much write off bourbon and seem to think scotch is the only decent whiskey. Most of them admit to never even trying it. What is that all about? Has anyone else experienced this?

PAspirit1
03-07-2008, 08:33
Hello Neighbors.

I am also from PA, just outside of King of Prussia near the Montgomery/Chester county border. I am a whiskey fan in general, but have lately began focusing on bourbon. I have tried Basil Hayden, Maker's Mark, and Ridgemont 1792. I am glad to hear there are some "locals" that share my enjoyment.

On another note, I notice that not too many people like bourbon. While I am not a "yuppie", I am a successful professional and I feel that alot of my yuppie peers pretty much write off bourbon and seem to think scotch is the only decent whiskey. Most of them admit to never even trying it. What is that all about? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey Mixo and belatedly to Jaysus,

Welcome to the board! I am in Chester Co., way down by the Md and De border.

snakster
03-07-2008, 19:38
Hello Neighbors.

I think it's called snobbery

spun_cookie
03-07-2008, 19:40
I think it is great... more for us!!! welcome to the board... a little Parker in y'alls honer tonight

mixologist
03-07-2008, 20:12
hmm, Snobbery? Yeah.....I just didn't want to say it. It's important that we realize that there are some people out there that are just BETTER than us because they only drink scotch. :rolleyes:

:lol:

I don't discriminate, I like almost any decent whiskey.......and I think it's foolish not to appreciate what we make RIGHT HERE in the US of A.

BourbonJoe
03-08-2008, 07:07
Welcome Mixologist. Always great to have another victim of the PALCB here. One of these days we've got to gather up some of the Eastern PA. folks for a tasting.
Joe :usflag:

snakster
03-16-2008, 06:10
Welcome Mixologist. Always great to have another victim of the PALCB here. One of these days we've got to gather up some of the Eastern PA. folks for a tasting.
Joe :usflag:
I second it.

Tennessee Dave
03-16-2008, 08:23
Welcome to the forum.. Great bunch here!:cool:

mixologist
03-16-2008, 09:13
I am up for a tasting. I think there are some places around the Main Line area if you guys wanted to meet at a well-stocked bar.

BTW, I am not a victim on the PALCB. I work in NJ and often stop by a store on the way home to pick up some hooch. Cheap prices and great selections over there.

Speaking of tasting, I was conducting my own last night with my limited supply of whiskey. Among other booze, I sampled my small whiskey stash (minus my unopened scotch). I compared Rittenhouse Rye with Jameson 12 year an Ridgemont 1792. I liked the Ridgemont the best, then the Rittenhouse, and the Jameson (the oldest, too) was the worst of the bunch.

No doubt, I am a bourbon man. I am interested to see how a good bourbon would compare with a good scotch. That would be for another day.

Jaysus
03-18-2008, 10:41
Hey Mixo and belatedly to Jaysus,

Welcome to the board! I am in Chester Co., way down by the Md and De border.

Hi!

GDB PALCB