PDA

View Full Version : Another Yellowstone question

Black85L98
03-08-2008, 12:10
Any info as to who makes what is in the bottle?

90 proof, says fully aged, I doubt it.

I did search here first and some thought HH. How about it B-jo?

boone
03-08-2008, 12:25
Hi Rick!!!!!!! :grin: :grin:

Good to see you posting again :grin: :grin: Welcome back :grin:

Nope, Yellowstone label does not belong to Heaven Hill...I think it's bottled by David Sherman.

Any info as to who makes what is in the bottle?

90 proof, says fully aged, I doubt it.

I did search here first and some thought HH. How about it B-jo?

Black85L98
03-08-2008, 13:09
Hey

Hope all is well with you and yours. I am now in AR so I am a bit closer to KY. Perhaps I will make it this Sept. Had some life changes but working through it all.

Yeah I saw who owned the label but was betting they did not make the Bourbon. I had my fingers crossed it was you guys as I can drink all your stuff.

I plan to open it tonight no great expectations I just hope I can stand it.

I'm a lurker.

Barrel_Proof
03-08-2008, 16:34
Good to hear from you, Rick. Stay in touch.

bobbyc
03-08-2008, 17:53
Good to hear from you, Rick. Stay in touch.

Indeed, good to see you back. Best Regards as always.

bluesbassdad
03-08-2008, 18:06
Wow! Today is the day for several infrequent-posting old-timers to show up. Good to hear from y'all.

Good God! Give Bobby Cox some!

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

cowdery
03-09-2008, 00:00
Luxco (formerly David Sherman) produces Yellowstone. It's terrible.

Luxco gets the whiskey for its Rebel Yell bourbon from Heaven Hill. They say that on their web site (http://www.rebelyellwhiskey.com/indulge/). (Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Bernheim = Heaven Hill.)

They also sell Ezra Brooks. Whiskey from Heaven Hill? The web site is down right now, preparing for a relaunch, so they're not saying.

Yellowstone? On the Luxco web site, they admit Yellowstone is one of their brands, but that's all they say. I don't know whose bourbon it is, but it's got to be the worst bourbon that distillery makes. Really bad. They sell a Yellowstone blend too. It can't be any worse.

So, good luck with that.

Black85L98
03-16-2008, 20:24
What do you expect for a dusty $11 bottle. I dumped it in a bottle I keep mixing up with leftovers. A little went down the drain.

Hey to all! Good to see some things never change.

JeffRenner
03-21-2008, 06:36
What do you expect for a dusty $11 bottle. I dumped it in a bottle I keep mixing up with leftovers. A little went down the drain.

I picked up a dusty bottle from the late 80's/early 90's (as I recall) a couple of years ago in Monterey, California. I seem to remember that it was pretty good. That wouldn't be surprising, since that would have been during the glut.

I guess if I picked up dusties very often I would keep notes. As it is, my unreliable memory will have to do.

Jeff