PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pennsyltucky!

Bud
04-04-2008, 13:45
Hello, all.

I've been lurking on this site for some time and finally registered today.

I just got out of the Marine Corps last year and moved back home. Finding that going hunting for my favorite pour isn't as fun as it was when I was stationed in Southern California. The state-ran stores here in PA are lacking in their selection, IMHO.

Anyway, /wave from PA. Good job with the site, Thank You. Guess I will start contributing now.

Cheers,

Bud

CorvallisCracker
04-04-2008, 14:09
Hello, all.

Hello Bud. Welcome.

I've been lurking on this site for some time and finally registered today.

I just got out of the Marine Corps last year and moved back home. Finding that going hunting for my favorite pour isn't as fun as it was when I was stationed in Southern California. The state-ran stores here in PA are lacking in their selection, IMHO.

Ah, the joys of living in a controlled state.

Anyway, /wave from PA. Good job with the site, Thank You. Guess I will start contributing now.

Cheers,

Bud

Looking forward to it. What's your favorite pour?

Bud
04-04-2008, 14:38
I tend to drink a good deal of Knob Creek and MM these days as a daily pour. I have found that I really enjoy PVW, but the pockets aren't deep enough. EWSB is always a nice pour, same with BT and Blanton's Single Barrel.

So, in short just about everything across the board. Splash of water for the first of the day, couple of cubes for the second and subsequent drinks. Neat towards the end of the evening. Hell...just put it in a glass and slide it over. :grin:

CorvallisCracker
04-04-2008, 14:44
I tend to drink a good deal of Knob Creek and MM these days as a daily pour.

Interesting. That was me, circa 1993. Usually KC, but MM when I felt like a wheater.

Bud
04-04-2008, 15:03
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that a V-Star in your avatar?

CorvallisCracker
04-04-2008, 15:11
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that a V-Star in your avatar?

Yes. V-Star 1100 Custom. The image is borrowed from the Yamaha web site. Mine differs from this in having a windshield, saddlebags and a backrest/sissybar.

Bud
04-04-2008, 15:17
I've got an '02 650 Classic. 39" beach bars, rigid (over 4" lower), custom seat, extended the forks 2", gutted my own exhaust, re-jetted, removed the ugly "mustache" on the rear fender....it's a dream. Should be back riding in the next couple of weeks. Nice to know there's a fellow rider on here. Keep the shiny side up!

Tennessee Dave
04-04-2008, 16:43
Welcome!! Good group here.:slappin:

Dr. François
04-04-2008, 19:35
Dizzie, he was screaming
Next to O.P. who was beaming
Monk was thumping
Suddenly in walked Bud and then they got into somethin'

Oscar played a mean sax
Mr. Byers blew a mean axe
Monk was thumping
Suddenly in walked Bud
And then the joint started jumping

Every hip stud really dug Bud
Soon as he hit town
Takin’ that note nobody wrote
Putting it down
Welcome, Bud. From Me, Monk, and the gang.

Stu
04-05-2008, 14:22
Welcome Bud,

State liquor stores may not be the best, but it beats living i a dry county.

Stu

spun_cookie
04-05-2008, 15:57
Welcome... a toast you with a Van Winkle of some sorts...

... and thank you for your military contribution... a double toast...

snakster
04-05-2008, 18:10
Had to look up Honey Brook. I thought it was going to be out in Bradford county or something. Turns out it's near Coatesville. That ain't too bad. Welcome aboard. There are a number of us in this general neighborhood. Selection is a bit limited here, but sometimes you can find some good sales on the stuff they DO have. Although with the close-outs they've been doing periodically, the selection is slowly getting worse. Oh well, I guess it just means I need to keep my eyes open when I travel out of state.

Bud
04-05-2008, 18:20
So...on the way home from work, I stopped by the local State Store and had a conversation, at length, on the availability of various bourbons and left with a wealth of information and resources. Very good folks. Found that I can acquire PVW 23 at $199 a bottle. Several others that are not normally on the shelf that can be bought. There are several brands and bottlings that can not be found at the store, but can be ordered if you know who to talk to. Good news indeed.

snakster
04-08-2008, 11:14
Bud,

I would also suggest familiarizing yourself with the product search page at the LCB website (link) (http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/webapp/Product_Management/psi_ProductDefault_inter.asp?plcbNav=|32369)

Not only can you find what is available, but where it is in stock. You can also get a complete picture of the SLO options (special order, like the PVW23 you mentioned).

Happy hunting.

BourbonJoe
04-08-2008, 16:35
Welcome from another Pennsylvanian. Hope you enjoy your experience here.
Joe :usflag:

Bud
04-09-2008, 14:30
Indeed. The LCB guy there took me into his office and gave me a tutorial on how to use their search engine and how to read the results. Informative for sure.