PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Jersey

Chupacabras
04-21-2008, 23:07
Just an intro post... IMHO my opened collection is pretty reasonable:Old Weller 107Old Forrester B-day 2005Fighting Cock (this stuff is great for zombie fighting prep)Makers MarkKnob CreekOld Grandad BiBFour Roses single barrelFour Roses small batchEvan Williams single barrel '98Elijah Craig 12yoEagle Rare 10yo single barrelPappy Van Winkle 20yoBulleitRidgemont Reserve 1792My favorite of the bunch: FRSmBBourbon isn't as tricky to find in my portion of yankeeland as in the SW, so I count myself lucky there. Just saying hi; there are very few bourbons sold locally that I don't own (PVW23 and Parker Heritage are the only bigguns I don't have yet) but am always open to input from other enthusiasts.Thanks and/or hi!

Chupacabras
04-21-2008, 23:15
I'm going to have to edit some whitespace into that post tomorrow since the spacebar doesn't seem to work on this (and may other) sites when using a mobile.

spun_cookie
04-22-2008, 06:02
Welcoem to the site. Not a bad selection of goodies at all. Look forward to your posts and a toast to you tonight... I think a little B-Day 07 is in line

Chupacabras
04-22-2008, 07:36
Just an intro post... IMHO my opened collection is pretty reasonable:

Old Weller 107
Old Forrester B-day 2005
Fighting Cock (this stuff is great for zombie fighting prep)
Makers Mark
Knob Creek
Old Grandad BiB
Four Roses single barrel
Four Roses small batch
Evan Williams single barrel '98
Elijah Craig 12yo
Eagle Rare 10yo single barrel
Pappy Van Winkle 20yo
Bulleit
Ridgemont Reserve 1792

My favorite of the bunch: FRSmB

Bourbon isn't as tricky to find in my portion of yankeeland as in the SW, so I count myself lucky there. Just saying hi; there are very few bourbons sold locally that I don't own (PVW23 and Parker Heritage are the only bigguns I don't have yet) but am always open to input from other enthusiasts.Thanks and/or hi!

Thanks for the welcome, spun_cookie. I may have to give the b-day a taste tonight as well since I spent way more time with the rest of the collection then I probably should have last night.

Vange
04-22-2008, 07:38
Welcome Chupacabras, I am in NJ as well. Where abouts are you in NJ? Some nice liq stores in NJ with some great selections of wine and spirits.

Chupacabras
04-22-2008, 08:19
I'm just outside of Philly and I'll agree that we have some surprisingly good stores locally.

Vange
04-22-2008, 08:32
Cool, I havent been to it but a Canals in Burlington, NJ is supposed to be a great shop. Have you been there?

Chupacabras
04-22-2008, 09:18
Not the one in Burlington, but I've been to the ones in Marlton and Delran and they're so-so. The Marlton store stocks Four Roses yellow, small batch and single barrel, so I end up at that one a pretty decent amount.

Locally, the best overall store is probably Total Wine & More in Cherry Hill though Martins in Mount Laurel is not without its charms.

Tennessee Dave
04-22-2008, 14:25
Welcome to Sb.com! Look forward to your posts.

CorvallisCracker
04-22-2008, 14:59
Yes, welcome.

Just stay away from our goats.

jinenjo
04-22-2008, 20:54
Welcome fellow Jerseyan. I used to live in Philly and grew up in Gloucester county.

Last time I was back, the Canal's on rt.45 in W.Deptford had some decent bottles. I was surprised to the any FR there, as they had just hit the left coast. If you haven't been there you might want to check it out.

As for dusty hunting, good luck. I spent a whole day combing Camden, Gloucester, and Salem County to little avail.

Cheers!

Chupacabras
04-23-2008, 09:06
Thanks for the welcome, all.

You aren't kidding about dusty hunting being all but impossible around here; the only discontinued bourbons I can find are shelves and shelves of Old Whiskey River (no thanks). Supposedly there's a store in Gloucester that keeps 100+ bourbons in stock but I haven't gotten around to checking it out.

Last time I was at the Deptford Canals, the bourbon selection was surprisingly bad. They had the old standbys that you'd find anywhere, but nothing that I'd call special... though I may have just gone on a bad week.