PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

OldJack
05-02-2008, 20:02
Hi gang!

I'm one of those people who use to think whiskey was something you slammed just to get tanked.

Now that I'm older and less wild, I've come to enjoy the art of moderation and have recently started in on bourbon.

Thus far, I've enjoyed both Maker's Mark and Old Weller Antique (so I know I like wheaters) and I also love Buffalo Trace. Evan Williams Black Label ain't bad either.

For some reason, though, I didn't care much for Bulliet.

Anyway- I love the forum and I look forward to digging deeper into the world of bourbon.

mozilla
05-02-2008, 20:24
welcome to the board!

What part of the state are you in? There are lots of Texans on the site. Lots of great poeple from all over the world.

Looks like you have found a couple popular picks. You can't go wrong with the Weller line.

Hope you enjoy the site.

fishnbowljoe
05-02-2008, 20:59
Welcome Jack! You'll like it here. Lot's of friendly people with good information and recommendations about darn near everything. Hope you enjoy. Joe

wadewood
05-03-2008, 07:07
Welcome - as mentioned lots of us are from Texas. Texas also is a great bourbon state; meaning great selection of different bourbons are available. We have a Houston group that tries to get together a couple of times a year for some bourbon tasting and I think some folks in Dallas do the same.

PhilsFan
05-03-2008, 07:59
Jack-Welcome! I think that you'll really enjoy the site...good information and more important...good people sharing it!

-Joe

ACDetroit
05-03-2008, 08:21
Hey Jack, I can tell you from recent experience with some of the Texas group! If you have a chance to go to their tasting. They know good Bourbon and are a great group of guys!
Hope you enjoy the educational journey, I know I have.

Oh yeah welcome to SB.com!
Cheers,
Tony

OldJack
05-03-2008, 10:04
I don't live too far from Dallas, so if any DFW tasting is come up, I hope someone will let me know!

(Sorry for not giving more details about my location- I'm gunshy after falling victim to ID theft not long ago.)

mozilla
05-03-2008, 10:12
I don't live too far from Dallas, so if any DFW tasting is come up, I hope someone will let me know!

(Sorry for not giving more details about my location- I'm gunshy after falling victim to ID theft not long ago.)

No worries, there is a great group of guys in the DFW area. Tastings are few a far between there, though we do small groups more frequently. Feel free to hit the Bourbon Social area for updates on get togethers in the state.
Enjoy your searches through the posts and look forward to your comments.

jbaker
05-04-2008, 09:07
Welcome Jack!

(I agree about the Bulleit!)

spun_cookie
05-04-2008, 11:42
Welcome. I too agree about the bulliet. I get out to thr DFW area all the time. We will have to hook up and buy you a drink

Emerald