PDA

View Full Version : Rain Vodka

fishnbowljoe
05-14-2008, 15:44
Have any of you tried Rain Vodka from Sazerac? (distilled by BT) I bought a bottle for a friend of mine who likes his vodka, and he loved it. He drinks vodka martinis. He said it was one of the best vodkas he'd ever tasted. I had a screwdriver with it, and I thought it was pretty good too. Any other opinions out there? Joe

wadewood
05-14-2008, 16:34
I think in a screwdriver cocktail that you could not tell the difference between any brand of Vodka.

That being said, I like Rain. If you visit me and ask for any Vodka drink, I will make it with Rain. I love doing vodka blind taste tests. I have about 6 brands of Vodka I keep for this (including my newest - Everclear diluted to 80 proof). Rain generally fairs pretty well in these taste tests. Still, the results (as expected) are all over the place.

At times, I think I tell a sweet sweetness from the corn. However, I know I can't pick out Rain in the blind tasting.

mozilla
05-14-2008, 17:00
Rain has its' very own still. It sits right next to the main still and doubler at BT.

Made with organic corn(white, I think)....very unique. Nice price point, as well.

ACDetroit
05-14-2008, 17:36
BT lets you sample it after the tour and I found it very nice...for vodka that is!

Do not have much vodka in the house but I will pick up a 1.75L of 3 olive Cherry vodka for the holiday weekend at the end of the month!

AC

BourbonJoe
05-14-2008, 18:33
Made with organic corn(white, I think)....very unique. Nice price point, as well.

You're right Jeff, they use white corn to make it. I tried some at BT last year. Good stuff if you're into Vodka.
Joe :usflag:

Dr. François
05-14-2008, 18:50
BT lets you sample it after the tour and I found it very nice...for vodka that is!

Do not have much vodka in the house but I will pick up a 1.75L of 3 olive Cherry vodka for the holiday weekend at the end of the month!

AC

I remember something similar when I tried it at BT. I remember saying, "damn...I wish they'd throw this in a barrel for a few years!"

For vodka, it's very nice.

full_proof
05-15-2008, 19:37
On a whim, I picked up a bottle of Rain Vodka from a store near my vacation home. What a splendid bottle I found in this--yet another great BT product (in my experience, this company produces and distributes nothing but top-shelf products). With just a tease of vermouth, Rain makes a superb martini!